Sign in to follow this  
StefX

New ArmA II Pictures!

I am really not liking the vehicle textures in ArmA2, these days. They are way too dark. It seems like they're trying to go for the OFP2 look, and in my opinion, that's not good.

I'm seeing dark vehicles against mid-range ground, greenery and building textures.

It's bad enough that games will often turn distant vehicles into dark silhouettes, but now we've got dark vehicle up close, too.

the only screen that should mean anything to anyone, I nicked it from the Arma2 thread on the OFP-DR forums

arma25.jpg

Cool loading screen. With a few images and words on how VBS is used and how its relationship to Arma is, and it would be the ultimate BI fanboy screen :p

^ yep

this one looks different than the Burke DDG class we first saw

Yeah, I noticed that. The terrain, while looking more realistic, is also looking a bit dull and dying.

I liked the direction the graphics were taking, but the more recent pictures look like a return to the "washed-out graphics" accusation of OFP:CWC. I hope it is not a result of an attempt to imitate the graphics of OFP2, because I'm not a big fan of their high-contrast filters, either.

I dunno much about filters and whatnot, but to me that first pic looks like a photo! And very moody too.

Yeah, BIS had us on a fever pitch for a while, even have the inertia changed toward Arma II on OFP:DR's own Youtube postings. Need to keep the interest growing guys! Like sex, you build up toward the delivery! lol.

Joking a little, but you know you need to keep on track with the community's emotional kinetics. Right now, from reading latest post trends, you have more 'umph' than Codies. Both for disclosure with the community, and content (including units, features, and most realistic display of them). DO NOT LET UP ON THE PRESSURE. You have the PR initiative, keep it!

Here Here! :bounce3:

Edited by Placebo
Merged.

Please edit your posts rather than double posting :)

vilas:

From all the post i've read today from you is nothing but complaining and whining towards ArmA, ArmA II and BI. You know, if the game doesn't add up to your expectations you don't have to buy it. ;)

Please calm down because complaining about everything won't help nobody and its getting annoying.

Berghoff - i know

Edited by Placebo

Vilas, you were asked repeatedly to ease off the trolling, but you didn't want to, so 2 day post restriction.

Sry for offtopic; Anyone tired of constantly having to report certain ppl, without lasting effect, or having to read the same shit every single day;

Go to their Member Profile page, left up there's menu "User Lists", "Add to Ignore List". Problem solved. :)

ultimate military realism , first of all this is a game as we all know , in the terms of a game their are many components such as fuctions , gameplay , visuals , and objects which determining what the game is based on ,

Realism in the visual arts and literature is the depiction of subjects as they appear in everyday life ,( as the game indicates )

A military is an organization authorized by its nation to use force ( as the game indicates )

ultimate , highest or most significant .

Any game that has these elements can be called " ultimate military realism" and are define by the user if the game meets their requirements also this is a simulation of those components ,

a game doen't have to look the best to reach those standards but to define the concept of which the game aims ...... for a person that knows nothing about advertisement marketing or even law because if you did you would at least find the fine line between a game and real life ......

Sorry this is the virtual world where anything is possible and i for one am looking forward to "playing on the field of virtual battle where i define the rules " are you ready to command your troops , arma 2...

This post is in response to a earlier post which has now been delated ..

I think we can get back on topic to discuss ArmA2 pics now :)

No, its marketing :D

Most likely.... Or really only to prepare testers/press-testers for frustration..

I hope we see this not in the final game though, as this is pretty laughable in my opinion as its simply not true! :p

My understanding of the English word "ultimate", is something that is complete and reached its intended goals 100%, perfect.

That description wouldnt fit any game, and probably never will. If it said "most ultimate" on the other hand, there could be some truth to it, As I have never seen a more complete combined warfare game than the ones that BI makes.

EDIT: ouch, just realized I'm posting offtopic. Sorry Placebo.

especially if it's from the xbox version. :)

especially if it's from the xbox version. :)

Are you sure?