Sign in to follow this  
Maddmatt

Info on upcoming 1.08 patch

this threads went waayy offtopic, look at what your writing.

D-Day -1 nener.gif

Hehe, doesn't matter as it's not much use now with the patch almost released biggrin_o.gif

Hope it doesn't take me ages to find a decent download mirror this time.

D-1... and then there was a slight delay tounge2.gif

Been waiting for a decent patch since 1.05. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

D-Day -1   nener.gif

Hehe, doesn't matter as it's not much use now with the patch almost released biggrin_o.gif

Matt,

Let's hope we can get it on SGS filevault!

I like watching my local connection go at 430kb/sec. wink_o.gif

Edit: sorry, my comment was directed at MadMatt and not Mr. Rochelle. wink_o.gif

D-Day -1 nener.gif

Matt,

Let's hope we can get it on SGS filevault!

I like watching my local connection go at 430kb/sec. wink_o.gif

Edit: sorry, my comment was directed at MadMatt and not Mr. Rochelle. wink_o.gif

They take too damn long though tounge2.gif . I only have a 384k connection so local servers wont make it go any faster.

Lets just hope the local ArmA server gets updated quickly so we can play 1.08 on it soon smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Simple answer ps3 cpu is created by toshiba, they improved pc cpu by adding more cores ps3 processor is 8x core pc processor its not about abilities its about making more money

Toshiba has nothing to do with PS3 processor. They just manufactured it (not anymore). Cell processor was developed by IBM and its way different then regular PC CPU.

Sorry for off topic.

will laugh and counting their money.

Developers are not ultra rich and evil.

This game shouldn't have been released. There are just way too many glaring bugs and problems that are identifiable in the first 30 seconds of playing. Animations involving the weapons are a joke. Reloading is the same for every weapon. Same time, same movement, all stupid. It is like a game from 1996, not 2006. The M24 has no bolt-action and it says semi. Your hand goes through the grenade launcher. Sounds are laughable. Tracers look like lasers. Recoil is off. I could go on and on and on, and that is JUST weapon animations! There are so many problems with this game.

That being said, this game has amazing potential for squad combat, and I believe it will greatly improve by Q4. If not, it is just going to suck. But I'm patient and I hope they continue to develop this "game" which they had the audacity to release.

... It is like a game from 1996, not 2006....

i m totaly disagre whith you, i play arma since 1.01 release and i'v started OFP whit the 1.0 and i'v seen all evolution! what game do you play in 1996 !! whistle.gif

Why dont you save alot of time and stick a new game onto the patch? Sorry guys but the years of waiting wern't worth it from my point of view.. it took 5 years for OFP to fade away, its taken 5 months for Arma.

armaboring1it7.jpg

I've noticed some servers already have version 1.08...where are they getting the patch from confused_o.gif

Lmfao at that picture.. quality. rofl.gif

Btw You will be surpised my fellow whinners and people who are sad with bis. you will see tounge2.gif

Hopes they fix the crash to desktop 8007000e error >< never got that with 1.07+

banctf.jpg

coming sooon as possible (before this sumer)  tounge2.gif

edit:

joke.jpg

i feel the forum very slow may be upload band.gif

I almost feel sorry for those of you that feel so incredibly burned by ArmA. I guess you just haven't had a chance to play it with a good group, otherwise I think you'd be singing a somewhat different tune. Even with the bugs, issues, and odd design decisions, it's still one hell of a game with the right people in MP. There's nothing else on the market that can do what ArmA does in that regard. I hope that the future is brighter, but the present is not bad by any means. It helps to keep in mind that BIS is an independent developer that has a small fraction of the manpower of some of the big-name developers whose games ArmA is inevitably compared against. Is that an excuse? No, but it is something worth considering.

For those wondering (it's no secret, you can see on the serverlist easily enough), ShackTac has been helping to test 1.08. We had a session last night with a peak of 58 people, playing a mix of coop and adversarial missions, and it was running great. Quite a bit different from some of our past MP forays into the game. BIS is definitely on the right track with their patches. I'm sure there will be people complaining about 1.08 (there always are, regardless of what a patch contains), but I think the majority of the community will be happy with what has been introduced, fixed, tweaked, etc.

...I hope that the future is brighter, but the present is not bad by any means...

Just the true !

Anybody else having that warm and fuzzy can't sleep it's Christmas Eve feeling? xmas_o.gif

Hmm I feel a sniffle- better cancel work tommorow...

There's only one way to play ArmA. On an adminned server using voice. Coordinating Air assets, armour, snipers, SF forces and regular infantery is truely an unique experience on Sahrani. Conducting medevacs, providing targets for bombers 2K above or clearing a town, street to street. Where else can you find such an AO?

Hmm I feel a sniffle- better cancel work tommorow...

Ahaha, quality stuff right there. biggrin_o.gif Just tell you're boss you're going to be downloading the Armed Assault patch, heck, he'd probably ask you to burn him a copy.

Dslyecxi- Does the mic work now? Or are you not allowed to talk about any specific features?

I almost feel sorry for those of you that feel so incredibly burned by ArmA. I guess you just haven't had a chance to play it with a good group, otherwise I think you'd be singing a somewhat different tune. Even with the bugs, issues, and odd design decisions, it's still one hell of a game with the right people in MP. There's nothing else on the market that can do what ArmA does in that regard. I hope that the future is brighter, but the present is not bad by any means. It helps to keep in mind that BIS is an independent developer that has a small fraction of the manpower of some of the big-name developers whose games ArmA is inevitably compared against. Is that an excuse? No, but it is something worth considering.

For those wondering (it's no secret, you can see on the serverlist easily enough), ShackTac has been helping to test 1.08. We had a session last night with a peak of 58 people, playing a mix of coop and adversarial missions, and it was running great. Quite a bit different from some of our past MP forays into the game. BIS is definitely on the right track with their patches. I'm sure there will be people complaining about 1.08 (there always are, regardless of what a patch contains), but I think the majority of the community will be happy with what has been introduced, fixed, tweaked, etc.

thumbs-up.gif

Soooooooooo, wheres my patch? times up

Actually time wouldn't be up until 23:59:59 in the timezone of the developers.

Soooooooooo, wheres my patch? times up

Actually time wouldn't be up until 23:59:59 in the timezone of the developers.

they also dont care to add a few more days before releasing wink_o.gif

My guess goes something around 16.00-17.00 Central European time.

So wait patiently wink_o.gif