Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

I'm having trouble coming to terms with your supposition that discussing what's appropriate in this thread is somehow off topic for this thread.

Sorry, I didn't make my piont quite clear.

I was just concerned that some replies were starting to show signs of being divergent. And after some pages of it I was worried that it would turn into many more pages of people (rightly) flaming those that copy.

I just want to see more great pics of peoples stuff

This is a Map of South East Latvia, near the Belarusian Border, that I'm working on for WW2 and possible WW3 Scenarios:

latvia1yy0.jpg

latvia2ov9.jpg

I'm just placing all of the roads at the moment, I know the trees are too green but they're just there to see what style of tree looks right atm, I'll probably be using Przemek_kondor's Autumn Plants, unless some Winter ones are released later.

This is the Image that I'm working from:

latvia3hu7.jpg

Bigger

I'll probably do a Summer version also, and maybe a WW2 era one with older roads/buildings etc. smile_o.gif

i like the winter island... but the flat ground looks unrealistic.. maybe add some small elevation to some flat area.

Good luck smile_o.gif

South East Asia Map Preview

seam12t.jpg

Seam12.jpg

seam05t.jpg

Seam05.jpg

seam01t.jpg

Seam01.jpg

seam02t.jpg

Seam02.jpg

seam09t.jpg

Seam09.jpg

seam10t.jpg

Seam10.jpg

Low viewdistance, infantry\helicopter only map. Roughly based on Vietnam. Intention was to have an OGR style map for ArmA. Many small terrain features for small to medium sized infantry engagements\PvP. Worked on this for part of January, but haven't had time to resume it since then. Have completed about 700 square meters, aiming for detail rather than size. Original plan was a 5km by 5km map. Sat map has been painted for about 60% of it. I'd like to release a preview version of the map sometime soon though I'm not sure if it'll see another release after that, due to RL and various performance\AI issues with low cell maps.

Dmitri

Wow!!!

Perfect for SAS patrols!

Fantastic work .

All we need now is a few different versions of this style islands.

I would like to see a Low res/low cell size version thats larger and fit for Fixed wing aircraft.

This, along with the eagerly anticipated HWM U.S UH-1 and agamoths nam dudes and we have a "next generation" Vietnam pack.

Cant wait to use it.I did the 1st AirCavalry division Mission for VTE and if you like i can do one for this island to be packaged with it .

Again excellent concept/island making.

i like the winter island... but the flat ground looks unrealistic.. maybe add some small elevation to some flat area.

Good luck smile_o.gif

If you mean the flat areas in the 2nd Picture, that's because it's a frozen lake/river, I just need to get the texture right so it looks different from normal ground, on the Summer version I'll lower the terrain so that that part is underwater as if it's un-frozen.

Dmitri, If you decrease the range of different kinds of trees and other objects in the same area you may be able to increase performance if you are concerned about it.

Dmitri, If you decrease the range of different kinds of trees and other objects in the same area you may be able to increase performance if you are concerned about it.

I doubt that, high res terrain has a severe impact on frame-rates.

Looks like a terrific map!

@RavenDK

looking good. and a lot of MG's gonna be fun biggrin_o.gif

i'd like to google it - how it's called officialy ?

its not a 100% true car

its based on the scout version of the mercedes 240 gd

its a mix of several contrys versions.

Re guns, yes very funny, but at a distance.. this car isnt armoured so under 300m you propperly get killed :P

Re net: Yarh i know, thats one of the reasons why it inst released yet biggrin_o.gif

This is a Map of South East Latvia, near the Belarusian Border, that I'm working on for WW2 and possible WW3 Scenarios:

[im]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3681/latvia1yy0.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/7127/latvia2ov9.jpg[/img]

I'm just placing all of the roads at the moment, I know the trees are too green but they're just there to see what style of tree looks right atm, I'll probably be using Przemek_kondor's Autumn Plants, unless some Winter ones are released later.

This is the Image that I'm working from:

[im]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/5113/latvia3hu7.jpg[/img]

Bigger

I'll probably do a Summer version also, and maybe a WW2 era one with older roads/buildings etc. smile_o.gif

Nice to see my homeland in arma smile_o.gif But you should choose other trees to suit the terrain wink_o.gif

Good luck smile_o.gif

If you mean the flat areas in the 2nd Picture, that's because it's a frozen lake/river, I just need to get the texture right so it looks different from normal ground, on the Summer version I'll lower the terrain so that that part is underwater as if it's un-frozen.

What makes snow look different on ice when compared to snow in a forest? Nothing.

Well there obviously needs to be some distinction between Ground-Snow and Lake-Snow or people will just think it's normal Flat, empty ground.

Like for example having Smoother looking snow on the Lakes and more disturbed snow on ground.

Well there obviously needs to be some distinction between Ground-Snow and Lake-Snow or people will just think it's normal Flat, empty ground.

Like for example having Smoother looking snow on the Lakes and more disturbed snow on ground.

That's how a frozen lake with snow on it looks, though, regardless of ice thickness.

I just think the Lake on the left looks different to the snow on the right:

icesnowqp1.jpg

I'd notice and I'm the one that'll have to do all the work, so I don't realy see what all the fuss is about. tounge2.gif

Man, I have no idea how far this island is, but if it has that 'attitude' included I'm allready loving it!

Great reply serious! thumbs-up.gif

It's the details that motivate island makers to spend hours and hours on their maps. Cool things that'll surprise people.

I just think the Lake on the left looks different to the snow on the right:

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8316/icesnowqp1.jpg

Right, but the "2007 Google" watermarks still look the same on both sides biggrin_o.gif

rofl.gif nice catch.

BTW, is there anyway to get the images from google without watermark or do you have to use photoshop/edit the sat pictures?

I think I'm just going to replace the Textures with my own anyway as the Sat pics are abit too low res at ground level, plus I'd have to to make it Summer either way. whistle.gif