Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Cic room looks great! thumbs-up.gif a bit too dark only. but that may be my monitor settings..

lol @ above missile! Hehe whats the range and rate of fire on that thiny? biggrin_o.gif now we need to put in flares and counter measures for real when having these in a mission and aircraft tounge2.gif

@SFC.ITZHAK: Looks quite impressive. Will make a good place to sit and eat caviar while i watch my USMC company land on the beaches. :P

@Commando84: IIRC, they are meant to shoot down strategical bombers, so the range is very very large in Arma Terms (way more than several sahranis). Saying that, these will actually make great targets and will give a new meaning to 'Neutralise AA before gunship support' biggrin_o.gif

Aye, find his thread on it, has lots of info in there. Those generic OPFOR rebels of various theatres are sorely needed!

My first "advanced" addon wink_o.gif

Creating it for the stargate mod for a campaign but with time I might add roman auxilia, watchmen and stuff although I have no idea if they'll attack (well for ofp there were mods with melee attacks) but this will probably take some time my skills still need to develop whistle.gif .

Milites, hic turris est. Turris magnus est. Turris defendit. (7 years of Latin as you can see by the complex structure)

closeuphw3.jpg

rearus0.jpg

holzturmuz5.jpg

o2lwy4.jpg

That reconstructed tower looks familiar. Where is that

exactly? Is it in the Odenwald? I was once on a Limes

study tour led by David Breeze, Brian Dobson, Val Maxfield

and Peter Connolly and we came upon a tower like this in

the middle of the forest - and hid in it from the pishing rain.

I actually thought about building a Roman legionary fortress,

or the city of Troy, in ArmA but was at a loss for what I'd

actually then do with them when they were done apart

from wander around like a tourist.

Well I actually found the tower by image-google ("Holzturm" = wooden tower) on a project site of 3rd/4th graders smile_o.gif

http://bgs-neuwied.bildung-rp.de/Roemer.htm and uploaded it to imageshack so nobody would like "you are using stuff from 3rd graders nener.gif

I myself was in Xanten, Trier and Kalkrise while Xanten had the most interesting things afaik, they reconstructed alot of buildings, walls etc. ( http://www.apx.de/ ).

I actually thought about building... the city of Troy, in ArmA but was at a loss for what I'd

actually then do with them when they were done apart

from wander around like a tourist.

Its obvious isn't it? You go back to O2, build a bloody great big wooden horse, and go on a rampage. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have no idea if they'll attack (well for ofp there were mods with melee attacks)

that would be possible to create a melee attack for Arma?(question for the scripters or programmers)

the mysterious SLX mod, i wonder if it really will come out? biggrin_o.gif

Solus seems as mysterious to me as Bis inlove.gif

i have a gut feeling SLX mod will be the same as ECP mod was for ofp.

Just press F5 A LOT the next couple of days wink_o.gif

Yet I have to agree that Solus is a mysterious guy tounge2.gif

But he works hard and has lots of talent, really someone who needs a statue around BIS HQ tounge2.gif

@SFC.ITZHAK: Looks quite impressive. Will make a good place to sit and eat caviar while i watch my USMC company land on the beaches. :P

@Commando84: IIRC, they are meant to shoot down strategical bombers, so the range is very very large in Arma Terms (way more than several sahranis). Saying that, these will actually make great targets and will give a new meaning to 'Neutralise AA before gunship support' biggrin_o.gif

why sit there?

why not fly to the lz it self.

ArmA2008-04-2502-01-50-78.jpg

wireframe

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm99/Tomcat_20/Untitled-1.jpg

sfc.

I just noticed something, the very edge of the engine exhaust is smoothened so the lighting looks off, select the vertices forming the edge of the cylinder and press U. It will look much better.

It IS possible, Solus allready made it for his upcoming SLX mod smile_o.gif

Can you give any details? Are these "melee actions" anything

more sophisticated than a generic swiping motion or two?

Well I actually found the tower by image-google ("Holzturm" = wooden tower) on a project site of 3rd/4th graders  smile_o.gif

Actually having dug out my photos of that trip I see that it's a different tower

- quite similar, though.

Would the image here be of any use to you? It is one of my reconstructions

of a painted Roman soldier's tombstone. It might help add some Roman

military provincial flavour.

It IS possible, Solus allready made it for his upcoming SLX mod smile_o.gif

Can you give any details? Are these "melee actions" anything

more sophisticated than a generic swiping motion or two?

It is a fastened throw grenade animation with some sort of action to it defined to the weapon you use ie; knife or shovel

But I've no knowledge of any of the arma actions, so easiest way now is to have the patience to wait for around... 48hours (I hope) whistle.gif

It is a fastened throw grenade animation with some sort of action to it defined to the weapon you use ie; knife or shovel

Ah, generic swiping motion it is then.

I thought the focus was more on having the AI using it aswell, which they DO only in close range that is, and mostly when injured and unable to shoot their weapon.

If that was not the case... well hope i've answered your question smile_o.gif

we should get back on topic now i guess

Unless you own a motion capture studio or know a friend who has one.

Unless you own a motion capture studio or know a friend who has one.

Well, after being told that it is possible to have close combat

anims, forgive me for being somewhat disappointed to learn

that it is in fact a "fastened throw grenade animation".

Whatever... let's move along - I'll not likely find much use

for that sort of thing anyway.