Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Quote[/b] ]Remember that halo mod for ofp? *cough* naive *cough*

no need to go that far in time smile_o.gif

Warhammer 40K mod is on the front page biggrin_o.gif

there was a bunch of ripped models released for ofp/arma. from CS, CoD, LockOn etc. just browse through ofp.info carefully )

I doubt there'll be too much troubles in this case.

Two wrongs, Astanid. Besides, BIS is more proactive when it comes to copyrights now.

Gosh, I wonder how that all got started?

icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm not sure what you mean.

Quote[/b] ]

no need to go that far in time smile_o.gif

Warhammer 40K mod is on the front page biggrin_o.gif

The makers of this mod are pretty lucky that the Games Workshop doesn't roll over and crush him. That corporation is known for its insanely draconian business practises.

Quote[/b] ]The makers of this mod are pretty lucky that the Games Workshop doesn't roll over and crush him.  That corporation is known for its insanely draconian business practises.

smile_o.gif it only proves that nobody cares

there was a bunch of ripped models released for ofp/arma. from CS, CoD, LockOn etc. just browse through ofp.info carefully )

Two wrongs, Astanid. Besides, BIS is more proactive when it comes to copyrights now.

icon_rolleyes.gif

That there were a few other "things" involving copyrights if im not mistaken. Which we wont discuss here!!! <<<!!! smile_o.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif

That there were a few other "things" involving copyrights if im not mistaken. Which we wont discuss here!!! <<<!!! smile_o.gif

If you are talking about Rambo's british mod, the addon copyright issue is much older than that. It's older than ArmA.

im just going to quote on this... someone should make an addon or a mod that, when you go prone, the bipod folds out, but when you stand up, the bipod closes...

im just going to quote on this... someone should make an addon or a mod that, when you go prone, the bipod folds out, but when you stand up, the bipod closes...

You should check out the addon request thread. This is more of an art thread. What you are proposing sounds like a programming thing.

You should check out the addon request thread. This is more of an art thread. What you are proposing sounds like a programming thing.

I haven't seen any art in the past 3-4 pages except legal mumbo jumbo biggrin_o.gif

I haven't seen any art in the past 3-4 pages except legal mumbo jumbo biggrin_o.gif

This time it's about someone ripping content out of FSX. I think it's an important conversation to have. I think it contributes to the integrity of the thread if people don't post copyrighted works as if its their own.

You should check out the addon request thread.  This is more of an art thread.  What you are proposing sounds like a programming thing.

I haven't seen any art in the past 3-4 pages except legal mumbo jumbo  biggrin_o.gif

This time it's about someone ripping content out of FSX.  I think it's an important conversation to have.  I think it contributes to the integrity of the thread if people don't post copyrighted works as if its their own.

I totally agree agree with your sentiments there plantiff1 but Its probably best done inanother thread. Instead of continuing the hijacking this one. As i sense the facts will soon be lost.

No one posted the FSX rip claiming it was there own. It was a third party posting a link wich was then in turn 'ooohed' and 'aaahed' at by a few who didn't seem to understand how inapropriate that might seem in our beutifull 'art' thread. best to drop the topic before someone starts the avalanch subject of 'plageristic interpretation as an artistic statment' and argues, whether or not that actualy constitutes art and is therfore worthy of a posting in this thread. Or is just a pale imitation of all things creative and should be only acknowledged for its ability to temorarily fill a gap. wink_o.gif

That should be forbidden to rip addon from other games. when you work a long time, That must be difficult to accept to see some guys proclaim theirselves, that they are addon-makers or artists. in my opinion they are only robbers.

In the news on the news-website, the tittle addon-maker shouldn't be applied for this kind of guys.

the intellectual property is protected by laws. Even on internet these laws must be respected.

This time it's about someone ripping content out of FSX. I think it's an important conversation to have. I think it contributes to the integrity of the thread if people don't post copyrighted works as if its their own.

I totally agree agree with your sentiments there plantiff1 but Its probably best done inanother thread. Instead of continuing the hijacking this one. As i sense the facts will soon be lost.

No one posted the FSX rip claiming it was there own. It was a third party posting a link wich was then in turn 'ooohed' and 'aaahed' at by a few who didn't seem to understand how inapropriate that might seem in our beutifull 'art' thread. best to drop the topic before someone starts the avalanch subject of 'plageristic interpretation as an artistic statment' and argues, whether or not that actualy constitutes art and is therfore worthy of a posting in this thread. Or is just a pale imitation of all things creative and should be only acknowledged for its ability to temorarily fill a gap. wink_o.gif

I'm having trouble coming to terms with your supposition that discussing what's appropriate in this thread is somehow off topic for this thread.

If you suspect that someone has taken a model unlawfully then report the post to the moderators. Simple.

This is a WIP thread for addons. How about getting back on topic?

Not bad, USSRSniper - though I'd like to see the rear textures matching the BIS ones in terms of wear, etc. smile_o.gif Keep up the good work.

Quote[/b] ]WIP: stuff you are working on! (Pages 1 2 3 ..122 )

Post them WIP pics!!

So where are the pic ppl?

Dutch-Commandos-1s2.jpg

Dutch reconstruction team on patrol in the southern parts of Sahrani.

International GD wip.. soon to be done

Looking good USSRSniper. Is good to see some new humvees in ArmA. Keep it up.

@RavenDK

looking good. and a lot of MG's gonna be fun biggrin_o.gif

i'd like to google it - how it's called officialy ?

Why do you work on such big projects? Just even thinking about placing all those houses in the district (Iraq?) gives me a headache. ArmA is at first a good infantry sim, but not so good in simulating other stuff (vehicles/air units). Maps can be made much smaller (not to mention detailed!wink_o.gif and we mainly use choppers for insertion/extraction.

i guess your right..

don't know yet, but i guess ill do the South part of Fallujah instead of hole are.

i need to rethink.. about the plan smile_o.gif

i guess your right..

don't know yet, but i guess ill do the South part of Fallujah instead of hole are.

i need to rethink.. about the plan smile_o.gif

As an aside, if I were you, I would take your satellite maps into photoshop and fudge around with the tools in there trying to get an idea of what areas you want to build.. you can add stuff, take stuff away, clone stamp over stuff... take out entire blocks, move buildings.. all kinds of stuff... just playing around and get very visual feedback.