Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

DSR1 Sniper Rifle

hia community

after testing endless time with low skills in modding for arma, sadly i give up for now. sad_o.gif however, i would like to show what i've tried to do. i hope, there is someone out there of the highskilled guys who can do better than me, hopefully creating a great DSR1! notworthy.gif

here are some picture of my current result, a patchwork of models, textures and configs...

...some more infos about this hightech-weapon:

http://www.dsr-nr-1.de

lgl_dsr1_wip02ea9.jpg

lgl_dsr1_wip014pd.jpg

dude, if you make destructing anims for those... wow...............

Well, gotta learn how to texture a model first, so the bridge isn't just all pale grey. whistle.gif

But I'd like to make some decent destruction anims for the bridge. It's actually made of seven different object pieces, though, to get the length (full version is 820m end to end), so getting the whole lot to go at once might be somewhat tricky... confused_o.gif

Sorry, I've been neglecting to work on my police car for a while. I did make some progress though with a lot of small tweaks though, and reduced the points to 2022 with 2027 faces.

o2newcarerefinedvl4.jpg

o2newcarerefined2jp3.jpg

o2newcarerefined3yc9.jpg

o2newcarerefined4on7.jpg

o2newcarerefined5oz4.jpg

o2newcarerefined6mf9.jpg

Anyways, I'm still not exactly happy with it, but I guess maybe I'm shooting to far, (trying to make a profesional looking model as an ammature). You can probably see that there are some strange lighted patches, are those a big deal or should I try to fix them?

So, if there's nothing left to add or tweak, I could start on the interior, but I'm not sure how to start.

the model looks decent to be honest.

of course theres always room for imporvement.

personally id hold the work on the chassis and work on some other parts.

once these are done give the chassis another spin.

otherwise that model will bore you to death.

Australia Island were working on. 1600Km's. Dropped the untextured Bridge into the Harbour tonight and built the concrete docks for it (addon made by Bern)

Few pics

1st pic

another angle

Nice bridge, almost like the bridges in 'A bridge to Far'...

mhh me thinks its time for Operation Market Garden : ArmA edition :P

I need some pro opinions here.

I downloaded a simple building from http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ and edited it some in Sketchup, then I plonked it in o2 to see if I could get it ingame.

Now I'd like some opinions on my textures, not the model. As I am anti normal map it's kinda hard to get the textures looking good enough to fit into an environment that contains default ArmA structures. I just figured out how to work the UV editor a few days ago so this is the second model I've skinned. Anyone have a few tips on how to get it more realistically looking without adding normal maps?

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

Keep in mind I'm a complete newbie when it comes to modeling/texturing!

Also while I'm at it, does anyone know if I'm permitted to use free models from 3dwarehouse in ArmA? If so, are credits etc required?

Looks nice, giving credit is something everyone should do.. I do not know if its allowed to use in other programs.

You might want to change the garage door texture, make them look different with some grafitti on them for example.

graffiti on Iraq?! huh.gif

i don't think so..

.. instead i would add some bullet holes as effect.

edit: Opteryx, i really would like to help you building some houses for your iraq map (Fallujah).

Tough i'm really noob on this building subject sad_o.gif

Still i'm reading and trying to learn from those documents in wiki and the Tutorial one you shared.

If you have more useful info for me i will be very glad to try it out.

I need some pro opinions here.

I downloaded a simple building from http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ and edited it some in Sketchup, then I plonked it in o2 to see if I could get it ingame.

Now I'd like some opinions on my textures, not the model. As I am anti normal map it's kinda hard to get the textures looking good enough to fit into an environment that contains default ArmA structures. I just figured out how to work the UV editor a few days ago so this is the second model I've skinned. Anyone have a few tips on how to get it more realistically looking without adding normal maps?

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

Keep in mind I'm a complete newbie when it comes to modeling/texturing!

Also while I'm at it, does anyone know if I'm permitted to use free models from 3dwarehouse in ArmA? If so, are credits etc required?

Looks nice, giving credit is something everyone should do.. I do not know if its allowed to use in other programs.

You might want to change the garage door texture, make them look different with some grafitti on them for example.

graffiti on Iraq?!   huh.gif

i don't think so..

.. instead i would add some bullet holes as effect.

edit: Opteryx, i really would like to help you building some houses for your iraq map (Fallujah).

Tough i'm really noob on this building subject sad_o.gif

Still i'm reading and trying to learn from those documents in wiki and the Tutorial one you shared.

If you have more useful info for me i will be very glad to try it out.

Strange.. pictures of grafitti in iraq are easy to find..

Look

Here too

I'm not making Fallujah, Reblman is. I only helped him with it.

Sorry, I've been neglecting to work on my police car for a while. I did make some progress though with a lot of small tweaks though, and reduced the points to 2022 with 2027 faces.

Anyways, I'm still not exactly happy with it, but I guess maybe I'm shooting to far, (trying to make a profesional looking model as an ammature). You can probably see that there are some strange lighted patches, are those a big deal or should I try to fix them?

So, if there's nothing left to add or tweak, I could start on the interior, but I'm not sure how to start.

That looks much better! Congratulations.

As far as the shape of the thing goes, it's pretty nice, but could still flare out a bit more at the sides. That said, it looks like you've developed quite a firm grasp on some fundamental modelling techniques very quickly! I'm excited to see how this goes in the future!

Here is how the hp model of my marder is shaping up. It still has some issues but it's almost done!!

click on the small image to be lead to a larger version.

7419450463.jpg

Holy moly, that looks great! How did you make those packs on the sides look so good?

Holy moly, that looks great! How did you make those packs on the sides look so good?

With 4.2 Million Triangles tounge2.gif

(am I reading that correctly?)

(must be High-Poly ey?)

Hey plaintiff beautiful model! But what is that ""cannonshaped" thing in the back of the marder? I was in the Bundeswehr and never saw something like that...

This Marder is one of the first variants - Marder 1A1. Bundeswehr now drives around with upgraded Marder 1A3/1A5 without this rear cannon. Next "Marder" IFV will be new Puma. The first serially produced Pumas are scheduled to enter service in 2010. wink_o.gif

hi-res model for normal maps.....

Yea, thats what i was askin when I said "high poly ey?"

tounge2.gif

But it obviously was, those were just my fail-safe comments in-case I read the polys wrong like a dip (ive never worked in O2 before).

The cannon shaped thing at the rear of the battledeck is a remote controlled mg-3 barbette. It was present in most models of the marder 1a1. This marder was developed using reference from various marder prototype, a1s and a3s. I used the marder 3 for parts that were present on both models, but the marder a3 looks very different compared to the previous models. My marder could probably best be described as a marder 1a1a4... given its lack of updated WEG thermal periscope, and the presence of active night vision equipment.

cl10k, perhaps you could tell me what that cowled apparatus is to the outside of the cannon pod, above the cannon. Is that the sight? Do you know what the use is, then, of the wired screen that surrounds it?

It is 4.2 million polies. I'm about finished with it... it doesn't have all of the details on it but I think I have to stop this and just complete it with heightmaps => normal maps rather than geo.

spetsnazki!

russian strong!!11eleven11!

thumbs-up.gif Cool there are three of these now.

Are you doing weapons also?

And how about SASRRAR dude or something, anyway with auscam I mean? huh.gif

@platiff: isn't that a bit much? 4.2 mil polies. You want in ArmA?

mi28N. Still need the cockpit done.

pic7_ssmall.jpg

Click here for more pics

@platiff: isn't that a bit much? 4.2 mil polies. You want in ArmA?

It's a high poly model that will be used to extract a normal map.

I do believe that to be a hi res model for making maps of for the in game model...