Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

I think 9k polys is pretty solid. Sure you can cut it back a bit more, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. If I were you, I would start UV mapping. thumbs-up.gif

Abs

Im really sorry for not reading thrue all the pages, and yes I did a search.

But is anybody actually working on improving the humvees, with some armour for instance?

we need some m1114 with extra armour and the extra armour ontop of that, and the gun turret armour with glass, perhaps even the sunshade things. And all the other anti IED opsec thingys on the front and rear of the humvees. Not forgetting the high tech comms equipment. And the second backup SAW in the gun turret.

whistle.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Its not a request otherwise I would have put it in the other topic, and Im sure somebody is allready working on these...

any updates on this perhaps?

With the desert maps coming out and all, it doesnt feel right driving the mcnools desert skinned bis humvees arround without the armour and turret armour the dudes get shot earlier then dismounted...

IMWM (Iraqi Modern Warfare Mod) are your guys, AFAIK. ACE has some too, there's a new GAU19 shot around somewhere...

EDIT - Well, since the GAU19 is actually remotely controlled, forget what I just said. But I do believe they're working on uparmoured HMMWVs in addition to IMWM.

I believe he is talking about this kind of m1114 (the ones used in Irak): Link 1, Link 2.

And i have not seen work in progress of these beasts, but see CameronMcDonald's post for more info ^^.

As far as I know, NOBODY is working on stand-alone uparmored humvees addon....sad but true. sad_o.gif

That´s true. Nobody is working on the up-armored versions. Not only the M1114 but the newest M1151/52.

I´ve been thinking on starting a new mod ala Combat! or BAS focused on US equipment only (Humvees, FMTs, MTVRs etc...) due to the lack of this kind of addons

But i´m just a 3D modeler/texturer (I´m working for a videogame studio so this is what I do every day) and a mod requires more people including scripters, O2 operators (I do my models in other 3d software) and so on. But hey! if someone is interested and your skills are high enough for this, we could talk about all this stuff.

Hello again!!!

This my new tail rotor, thanks to plaintiff1 and MehMan for their advices notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

044.jpg

This pictures show the final interior, with the gunner's TOW visor included, I think is very clean but, as always, I expect your comments about it... thumbs-up.gif

039.jpg

042.jpg

After deleting all the extra geometry at the tail rotor and adding the gunner's visor it all came down to 8084 tris, even though I still have to add the rear light and some sensors.... I think it's looking great!!! biggrin_o.gif

THX guys!!!!

if you like your chopper, make the uvmapping wink_o.gif

Someone will always find something wrong wink_o.gif (remember that you are an hobbyist)

Nice.. youve posted a logo..

do you want critiques for the logo?

personally i dont like the red. crimson would be better i think..

bit more of a coherent color pattern..

I don't like that logo at all. Red and blue don't go together, blue and black don't go together. The outline is too hot and the whole thing is too saturated for your colour choices. As the letters fade to black at the top, the foreground seems to shift from the blue of the letters to the red of the outline. So, the outline and the letters are fighting for foreground dominance.

Usually things you want to appear in the foreground will be more saturated and / or warmer colours. Things in the background would then be less saturated / cooler. If you want the logo to look less like a brain anuerism, try to imbalance the focus towards the letters by toning down the outline and maybe making some different colour choices. A blue to black gradient is not the strongest choice, in my opinion.

paragraphic l

By now you should know that quoting pictures if a big no.

are you going to work on the GL3 released by Solus? or start on your own?

Well i do not "Start" on my own.

I'm working since very long time on Group Link 3 but i use all original GL2 features.

My GL3 is 100% .sqf and optimized and enhanced in many many parts.

GL3 will be configurated automatically by ArmA so no more ge1=group this, ge2=group this, ge3=group this and so on.

It's like GL3 was Hardcoded in ArmA.

Only thing you still have to config by your own are the Static and No Vehicle groups.

New AI features will also be avalible.

In short words

Grouplink3 is not GL3 from Solus !

Okay I understand smile_o.gif

Might cause some confusion with two versions around, sounds interresting though smile_o.gif

@W0lle: Yeah, sorry but was a bit weird to quote a post that only contains a logo so wasn't sure if that was allowed or not.

Slowly I'm creating more than boxes...

Will use it for a cutscene... in addition with some healthmonitors and other medical stuff it should do the job.

sickip7.jpg

And here something else

blxm3.jpg

Ah, someone creating stuff that people can use! Props are something that rarely get made, I think.

When you're texturing, make sure the scale of the texture suits the subject matter. The tiles on the roof of your hut must be 10 feet long!

Also, the anvil you have there looks like it's very chalky. Is it rusty? Sometimes in art, since you're representing something rather than constructing something, it's necessary to go with a design that's more appealing to the stereotype that most people have for some object... Anvils that are at least partially black, for instance.

All in all, good job! The objects look reasonably well shaped. I like the shape of the anvil. For your next project, pay some more attention to scale from the start and find lots and lots of picture reference of what it is you're going to model, even if it's something as simple as a hut. Everyone needs reference to augment their imagination. I like this scene. It's ambitious and interesting.

looking good!

It does look kinda new but I think you will fix that..? wink_o.gif

FischKopp, I suggest you add sandbags on the tripods.

This machine has so much recoil otherwise it's impossible to manoeuver it.

Good objection SPhoenix! I already added sandbags to the model on your advice. Thx!