Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Guest RKSL-Rock
TOWs are not TV-guided. The are wire-guided.

The cover is kept on in peace time / non-combat / on the ground operations. It is for safety since the laser-range finder is not eye-safe.

Well to be strictly accurate they are wire guided using a TV camera mounted on the sensor turret.

Punisher5555

Hello and THX for your comments.

About that cover of the other nose sensor you are talking, I have to say that I haven't seen any picture of that removed. Not in helis on the ground or others flying... I suppose it doesn't use that laser you are talking about because it carries TOW missiles wich are TV guided... but If you really know this is removed prior combat.... I will take it out  thumbs-up.gif

That cover is a blanking plate.  It means that the sensor that was supposed to be behind it was removed.  This is very common on MD500 Defenders that were upgraded.  There were originally 2 separate camera systems installed.  Daylight and IR, as technoology improved they were consolidated in one unit making the 2nd camera redundent.  To the best of my knowledge the MD500D did not carry a Laser Designator as part of is TOW loadouts.  If it was modified later for Isreali use I will ask around but I doubt it considering how widespread the Cobra and Apache became at the same time most MD500D's were withdrawn from use.  I imagine it wouldnt really be cost effective to retro fit one to an outgoing model, especially one that didn't use laser guided weapons.

Yeah, I was thinking about that Rock. Maybe the 500 did not carry the range finder. All the Cobra AH-1 F models I scouted for carried them. Cobra drivers used to say if they ran out of ammo they would just use the laser to blind the enemy!

Cobra drivers used to say if they ran out of ammo they would just use the laser to blind the enemy!

Wow cool, that's an excellent idea. Run out of ammo, stay in hostile area where you can't defend your aircraft and "blind" people with an targeting laser. Sounds like someone's been reading some airport fiction novels... huh.gifgoodnight.gif

It was a running joke between us pilots Blacknight. You would have to understand that the Cobra's (AH-1F)sat on the pad overweight. No ammo, just a full bag of fuel and all the gizmo crap (laser detectors, etc...) the Army could throw on the old bird. I would do traffic patterns (OH-58) or do more mission planning to wait for them to burn off fuel so that could pull pitch. Now that they burned JP8 to take off they still had no ammo. So the joke was that we could always blind our enemy with the laser.

Scouts Out!!!

My first weapon (beside the M2 and Mk. 19 MOD3)

It is not the best but satisfying in my eyes. I will implement also a M60E3.

mc018m60rx3.jpg

My first weapon (beside the M2 and Mk. 19 MOD3)

It is not the best but satisfying in my eyes. I will implement also a M60E3.

Cant help asking what that mount is for? wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The weapon textures look very good, hope it will have very good sounds to go with that. crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

edit

Oops! That was just a mistake, it was late...

-HUNTER-

By now you should know that quoting images isn't allowed.

I'm working on some large old sewers, the basic outlines are done, will add ventilation shafts, pipes and stuff like that. Thanks to the sample models I should get the paths right e.g. for zombies or terrorists hiding deep under the earth wink_o.gif .

sew56cc8.jpg

se3ra8.jpg

Nice M60! thumbs-up.gif Also cool idea with the sewer system, will you add like a water plane thingy object that mission editors can place out in the sewer with green, brown, blue , waters? smile_o.gif

would be cool for setting up missions around or spicing up islands with.

btw have you seen alien vs predator 2 movie?

They got some sewer scenes there, maybe what about adding some pipes in the roof? And some walk ways on the sides inside the sewer?

Indeed, adding some cover might also increase survivability in the sewers. Any way that we can see a wire frame screenshot so that we might be able to give some advice on how to fix what looks like lighting errors?

Abs

Here's some screenies of my Iraqi-Kurdistan map "Avgani" for IMW.

It's more or less at final stage now, only thing I need to do now is touch up on some of the buildings.

arma2008-06-0320-49-58-71.jpg

arma2008-06-0320-54-57-67.jpg

arma2008-06-0320-56-30-93.jpg

arma2008-06-0321-01-32-00-1.jpg

arma2008-06-0321-03-29-95.jpg

arma2008-06-0321-05-31-29.jpg

Now I need to start on Al Kut....

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Opteryx,

I want to have your babies. notworthy.gif

Looking forward to the release.

Its one of the best maps ive played on for a long long time, and ive even created some top quality missions for IMWM with this map. smile_o.gif

ACE and IWM are the one and same mod now smile_o.gif

Is there any chance that the island will be released as stand-alone ?

I am asking because of the situation which is indeterminate, e.g. we dont know when IMWM will be released.....until then we could use that island without IMWM......but thats only my opinion......anyway, great work on island Opteryx. notworthy.gif

Yes, any chance of a stand-alone version ? *pleasseee*

Sakakah is a very very beautiful map, but a little bit too "clean" for me.

omg very nice map so far from looking at the screens? Are there any other enviroments like industrial and airports, bases in mid east style? smile_o.gif

Well done Opteryx . As a Iraqi who has been to Iraq I would say your map needs more trash and sewage waste or ditches/landfills. whistle.gifinlove.gifsmile_o.gif

Opteryx nice work..

Rest "a little" before you continue with Al Kut.

And good inspirations wink_o.gif

Looking awesome.... yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif !!