Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

2nd Beta 1.07.5157 feedback thread

Tested the beta with GF8800 and no problems at all smile_o.gif

It seems that the latest pacth causes graphics problems only

with the older DirectX9 cards.

I tried 1.07 and got more graphics corruption than 1.05, and that was with the hotfix confused_o.gif

planes are not detected by infantry via "detected by" in triggers options sad_o.gif

I occasionally get this with 7900 GeForce

cbomljmk.jpg

Flushing won't help. Sometimes if I tab out of ArmA and back again, but not always. Did not happen before the latest beta.

I installed the patch 1.07 succesfully.

When i play, all the soldiers ( except heavy machinegunner ) are missing their primairy rifle!

Doesnt matter when i do mission editor, or missions, they never appear with their rifle.

But when i shoot, they do shoot their rifle, but there is no rifle, and the soldier is just standing there with his arms straight down.

Anyone with the same problem?

For a 1000th time...

Remove all non-compatible third party add-ons.

FOR THE 1000TH TIME THEN, THANK U VERY MUCH !

Don't know if it's been mentioned because I didn't read through all 16 pages... but has anyone noticed that during a rain storm, the thunder is just never-ending until the storm passes? Maybe it's just me... I dunno, but whenever i've played (only tested in Evolution 1.5A) and a rain storm comes up, the thunder is just a continuous thunder. Maybe it's just that way in the Evolution 1.5A mission, will have to give it a test in a stock 1.7 made mission or something. confused_o.gif

~~EDIT~~ also had FDF sound pack on as well.

Quote[/b] ]FOR THE 1000TH TIME THEN, THANK U VERY MUCH !

You are welcome

Did you notice that rain is not visible with nv-goggles? smile_o.gif

So in the end after 16 pages....is it worth installing this Beta patch or not???

If you have a 8xxxx nvidia card... definetly.

It also fixes the zombie helicopter thing in MP.

Its never a bad thing to try the patch and report if you have any problems with it in your system smile_o.gif .

i'd say.. not worth it.

I"ll be waiting for the real one

The question isn't really about whether it's worth installing, it's about installing it, seeing if there are any issues and then posting them here so the devs can fix them.

It is a BETA after all. wink_o.gif

So in the end after 16 pages....is it worth installing this Beta patch or not???

Unless you have the US (Atari) version of the game, in that case it won't even start...

Unless you have the US (Atari) version of the game, in that case it won't even start...

Well thats an inaccurate statement if ever I've read one on these forums, and I have read a lot of them on here. Just because YOU have issues, which could for all anyone knows be hardware related or due to a third party addon confliction, not necessarily be due to the 1.07 BETA Patch, doesn't mean to say EVERYONE who has the US/Atari version will definately have issues. I've played MP games with a lot of Americans running the Atari version using the 1.07 BETA Patch and the worst they've reported is the occasional crash (more due to the CPU intensity of the Evolution mission we've played after 3 hours), and the rare graphical artifacts similar to those reported a few posts previously by Törni.

I haven't seen it mentioned earlier, so i want just to note one thing:

Do not rename the mod directory which countains the beta patch (directory 'beta').

While i was trying to solve some problems, i needed both the 5154 and 5157 builds installed and be capable to run any of them on demand.

So after installing 1.07b (5154), i made a copy of the 'beta' directory, renamed it to 'beta.5154', then i installed the 1.07b (5157) and renamed the 'beta' directory to 'beta.5157'.

Of course i changed accordingly the paths and 'mod' parameter in the shortcuts.

After that, when i run any of the 1.07 builds, i wasn't able to connect to any 1.07 dedicated server - all of them were telling me that i run different version of the game.

Note that everything worked ok in SP, i only couldn't connect to the 1.07 MP servers.

After spending few hours trying to figure out what's wrong, asking and bothering few innocent people, i finally tried to rename the directory back from 'beta.5157' to 'beta', and problem was solved.

"on activation " field doesn't work most of the times on waypoints , you have to use triggers for it to work mad_o.gif

plz bring back the minimap, in next patch....

Quote[/b] ]The real 40mm grenades have a steback distance on their arming.  They should not detonate when they are close enough to damage the shooter

If I were using them in Real Life I'd be happy to know that. With ArmA you can blow the front of the hummer off when the nade launcher is working properly

I've also noticed when I run this version and open the MP screen I get a popup telling me I can download 1.05, WTF?

1.07 is not an offical patch. 1.05 is.

How the heck do we run the dedicated with several addons? Addons come in original /addons or on /beta ?

Guys, I'm not sure if this has been covered before (probably has) will we get the 'black ring haze' back for scoped weaps?

The G36 and addon Steyr used to be my favourite weaps, but the .5157 view (just crosshairs and sight is much larger) is a bit of a downer to a great sim!

Thanks fellas

Stew

Thanks I&C, much appreciated mate wink_o.gif