Sign in to follow this  
INNOCENT&CLUELESS

2nd Beta 1.07.5157 feedback thread

Quote[/b] ]We have concentrated on it and it is fixed at last.

On which version?

Obviously the current build at BIS. Good to see it's fixed, it's really annoying.

I hope that the button-bug is indeed fixed now too. Looking forward to the next build, even if still beta, as this can get quite annoying when you inadvertently eject while flying and using the menu !!!

The alt-tab does indeed seem to be stable so far - I will still avoid it like the plague due to long-learned habit - but it's nice to know that if I do need to tab-out for something important, then there's now less chance of a CTD or bluescreen!

I would also like to echo something another posted earlier - the damage model to vehicles seems to make the engine, at least, too vulnerable. When up against a BRDM in an AH1Z Cobra, your chances of survival are virtually nil => 2 or 3 small hits and the engine goes, with little armour damage and almost full fuel. If I could get the the auto-rotation working (which I can do easily in flight-sim and x-plane) then it might be survivable, but the rotor-speed seems linked to engine speed, not air-passage, so it's almost 99% fatal every time.

I think some 'tweaking' is needed urgently to make engines a bit less vulnerable, or the BRDM and other bullets less likely to hit it directly - might be useful here.

As a request for future patches: I'd prefer the rotors on helos to respond better to increasing air-speed and reduce by collective input not engine speed, and the lift generated calculated from the rotor speed (if not already). If this is already the case, then the rotor speed needs to be higher by airspeed or generate more lift by airspeed. Autorotation is an art, but so far a bit too difficult to do in ArmA so far - frustrating when you get an engine-hit or a fuel leak, and you just KNOW that you should be able to survive it, but the blades spin down too quick (even if you drop the collective BEFORE you run out of fuel completely and maintain or increase airspeed) and you crash almost every time.

WarWolf

Quote[/b] ]did your HDD goes crazy?

Nup. I'm alt-tabbing back and forth, and it seems to be rock solid, and the ole HD is silent, except when loading missions. Nuts? huh.gif  smile_o.gif

hummmm any other tweak in use?

*mark this as possible tweak for bad perforemce*

NonlocalVRAM=0;

Though I think it's a result of the -maxmem=256, myself, as the other possible tweaks didn't seem to have too much effect when used alone. Plus I still haven't played over ~45 minutes with the current settings (although I haven't gotten a crash yet, I just have assignments to do) so the crash may be lurking, we'll have to see.  wink_o.gif

EDIT - I also have the AF and AA controlled directly by the card, but this is usually only an FPS tweak, so I doubt it's effecting the crashes.

Hello...Im getting this error "Warning:preNLOD format in object ca\characters\us_soldier_sabot.p3b" and "Warning:preNLOD format in object ca\characters\us_soldier_sabass.p3b" in multiplayer, armory and singleplayer missions...

Be advised

Please help.

Ani help on this???...Thanks

Raybug is definately depentable on the Sun. In overcast or under the moon light there are no visible rays.

Just had a CTD after about an hour of playing. I was doing the Delores bridge mission. At the time of the CTD I wasn't doing anything special, just running. It just brought up the Windows message with the 'send'/'don't send' options.

A10 handling feels a bit twitchy, I find it hard to make small vertical movements to aim the cannon/FFARs. I know I don't have such a great joystick, but the AH6 seems to feel smooth in comparison.

Still hoping for animated M203 leaf sights.

Also the sight for the .50cal in the M113 isn't zeroed properly, the rounds hit far above where the sight is aimed.

And as another person posted, it would be great if auto-rotation in choppers could be done more easily. Personally I haven't managed to do it at all, so when the engine cuts out and I'm too low to eject, I just end up in a ball of flames.

anybody notice the flaps down in camel dont work? the message appears in middle screen (hate that feature) but they wont move, corroborated by the fact that theres no flaps up option no matter how many times you press flaps down.

Confirm the camel flaps not working on mine either. Just tried it also under 1.05+ and 1.05 'vanilla' and they also didn't work under either of those.

A question: did the real Camel actually HAVE flaps?

If you are having difficulty taking off, remember to get the tail up off the ground in order to build up enough speed.

i have to say im still dissapointed that my joystick buttons are now completely useless as they have "pre assigned" functions now. Has really spoilt my game and im looking forward to this being sorted as many people have been discussing.

I also have a mind to set out on a one man crusade to "persuade" BIS to correct the FUNDAMENTAL rifle tracer bug that still has not been sorted. I find this hard to believe they have not sorted what i consider basics for the enjoyment of this game

Also the sight for the .50cal in the M113 isn't zeroed properly, the rounds hit far above where the sight is aimed.

At what range? I'd imagine those things are zeroed for quite the distance.

WarWolf @ May 17 2007,16:06)]Confirm the camel flaps not working on mine either.  Just tried it also under 1.05+ and 1.05 'vanilla' and they also didn't work under either of those.

A question:  did the real Camel actually HAVE flaps?

If you are having difficulty taking off, remember to get the tail up off the ground in order to build up enough speed.

good point, it seems it had 4 ailerons, 2 on each wing, plus the tail controls, i cant seem to find any info about flap ability on those. that being the case, flaps down option shouldnt be appearing wink_o.gif

Had major issues with 1.07.5154, which made ArmA (for the first time since 1.00! )

completely unplayable for me.

1.07.5157 is clearly *much* better! (on my setup)

Like already reported, I get low/high fast LOD flicker within cockpit.

---

New observations with choppers:

- Chopper flightmodel tweak is very nice! Please keep it! From 1.00 to now,

this has changed to the *much* better.

- NEW behaviour; while targeting in chopper (is this feature or BUG?

Other vehicles not tested yet)

Once you assign (in chopper; any new) target, weapon switches

*automatically* to cannon. (even if an tank is targeted)

If hellfire *was* selected before new target selection, there

now is an (always! ) switch to cannon! (Which forces player

to always cycle back to hellfire, if an tank[group of tanks] was the target)

Edit: It happens with both selections;..*manual fire on* and

*manual fire off*. New target selection results in autoswitch to cannon.

***Someone please confirm!***

I dont know;..but this is an very *undesirable* change. imho.

If this was not intended;..I could not find this change mentioned,..please revert it back

to 1.05 behaviour!

(Player, and Player only(! ) selects weapons of choice..*after*

target selection)

- More testing; stable so far..(1 hour+)

So far: thumbs-up.gif

i havnt tried it yet....

but id like to make a wish for the next beta or patch....

make the AI act as a group and not as a bunch of individuals...

and in the group they should act in pairs..

i want AI to cover eachothers movements,

use whatever covers available..

fire in detected enemies direction when their "buddy" is moving.

and if possible use real life tactics... like half the squad moves forward and the other half supports, and when the first half stops (after about 10-15m) the second half advance so they are 10-15m in front of the first half and so on...

and ofcourse other tactics...

this game could and should imo be more of a MilSim (Military Simulation) then a traditional "first person shooter game" as it tend to be right now...

especially if you give the AI the highest skill it will use real life tactics...

Just absolutely agree with every word here!

Just wait for the FSM's to get out from some of those talented people..  It should be eyeopening..

@Troop:  Do you use a flight stick?  My Saitec X35 setup has me going to external view all the time due to the mapping issues.  Maybe it's the same with you?  I need to try this latest patch.

Its good so far even on my Radeon X600 lol. View distance 5000 on

mostly medium settings with very high models and textures.

It would be nice if there was an option to toggle Flush on though.

With choppers..... I love KA-50 but loadsa irritating things on it. Could we Have the gun moving? I'm flying with a keyboard so when i run out of vikhr its pretty hard to blast targets... Vikhr need's an accuracy upgrade too. In real life its nearly 100% accurate.... unlike in Arma where your lucky to get 7 out of 12 to hit on open ground.

Chopper flight model seems a bit better but choppers cant rotate at all at higher speeds. I know it becomes more difficult but not at all is a bit much.... Plus it doesnt seem possible to jinx or strafe left and right.

A-10 seems a bit underpowered flightwise..... It seems to stall a lot. It needs to handle a bit better at speeds down to 200mph 320 kph .

But gamplay wise it seems smoother... Looking forward to the full patch

For me it works excellent on my:

Duo 6700, 8800GTX Oc'ed, 2 Gb Corsair etc...

all problems from the last beta patch are gone like mentioned several times. the whole game just works better now, fps is still the same as in 1.05+, but still 30% better than in 1.04:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/guerilla777777/4vs7fixhigh.jpg

no ctd, no bugs, no missing texture or lod problems, still some fog/haze with 88xx but really better and good enought for all manovers.

i got still the same shadowproblem as i had in 1.0. everythink above normal is somehow messed up, normal looks brilliant and sharp:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/guerilla777777/shadowhigh.jpg

i haven't so much problems with my Logitech Freedom Joystick, some keys aren't assignable, same goes for the mouse but thats no really disturbing. i really like the "flush" option, would be nice to have also a fps counter (shift & - = fps). the faces are outstanding.

wishlist; improved anim and tracers for better Close Combat experience, even good ol ofp felt better while looking worse. woodcamo for US (no Comunity Addon).

At what range? I'd imagine those things are zeroed for quite the distance.

You obviously haven't tested it yourself nener.gif

It is definitely not zeroed at the same range as the other .50cals. It looks like a mistake to me. If it is really zeroed at such a distance, then it's pretty pointless since it wont be very accurate crazy_o.gif

This beta 2 is great! No more poxxy lod problems, no crashes so far and it just feels better all round.

some things i've spotted

-A10 speed on HUD is different to top left corner(?)

-NVG have odd shadows coming from a light source that i can't see people were telling me its the moon but thats on a different angle

-when switching between nvg and normal can take 10-20 seconds to adjust.

-NVG goes to dark when looking near a light so anythign around the light is dark

@Stryda: is the HUD in knots/kias and the top-left in km/h, I think maybe?  If so then it needs to stay, really IMO.

@Troop: I don't get that re-selecting weapon to guns when assigning target using TAB, or when using the joystick-button re-programmed to TAB.  I think your symptoms may be another joystick-button issue, which we're told is already fixed but will be arriving in the next patch.

...Or does it actually happen if you use the TAB key instead?

[...]

-when switching between nvg and normal can take 10-20 seconds to adjust.

[...]

So do your eyes in real-life. Try standing in a fully lit room for a while and then turning the lights out, and then vice-versa. Your eyes take a while to adjust to the light/dark and re-focus.

I`d like to say that I think the A.I. is pretty amazing. But it requires a FAST cpu. Just upgraded to a 6000+ from a 5200+, and after the hotfix.... I replayed a single mission that I play alot, and for the 1st time in that mission I am getting mortared by the A.I. from distance. Freaking awesome.

I noticed the same thing back in FP. With every faster cpu upgrade I made, the A.I. got better ingame. I DO see A.I. acting in groups. *shrugs*

I`d like to say that I think the A.I. is pretty amazing.  But it requires a FAST cpu. Just upgraded to a 6000+ from a 5200+, and after the hotfix....  I replayed a single mission that I play alot, and for the 1st time in that mission I am getting mortared by the A.I. from distance.  Freaking awesome.

I noticed the same thing back in FP. With every faster cpu upgrade I made, the A.I. got better ingame.  I DO see A.I. acting in groups.  *shrugs*

it is related to the poressesing power of every computer, the faster the CPU is, the faster they solve the maths given to them, the more maths they could solve at once, and the faster they react, ordering etc

also in theory, if you want an AI to fully react and think like a human do, you will need the computer to function like a human brain, which means unlimited memory + unlimited multi poressesing ability + unlimited storage space + many more together with huge numbers of programs that attemp to recreat how human think, which, all that, is impossible for the next atless 100 years