Sign in to follow this  
M.Andersson(SWE)

Jet Fighters

MiG 29 SM would be nice. I've got two books with detailed descriptions in them and some pictures too if interested add me on MSN and badger me for them and I'll get round to it. smile_o.gif

i think mig 23 and mig 27 would be more realistic and better suited to the terrain of sahrani

Do remember we are thinking about the community as a whole and for additional situations that might not happen on the BIS island.

MiG-29's are definitely needed for ArmA because it is one of the key air superiority aircraft used by OPFOR forces.  That and of course the Su-27/33.

I'm not trying to dictate what should be done, but I believe this following list shows what would probably be best done in priority order:

1st priority: F/A-18, F-16, MiG-29, Su-27/33, Su-24

2nd priority:  Tornado, Mirage III/5, Mirage 2000 C/D, F-15C

3rd priority:  F-15E, F-14, E-2, E-3, MiG-31, MiG-23/27

4th priority:  E-2, E-3, IL-76 AEW Mainstay, Bombers, etc.

I agree, however you should also keep in mind the gameplay.

Smaller, slower aircraft should be made instead.

I'm specifically thinking of the F-5E Tiger II and the Frogfoots.

Unfortunately that's a problem, even for the largest size map, it's still small for the fast jets, especially for ArmA, but then again you can still get some play out of most of them anyways. An old VBS1 map I thought was very good, as well as some of the TP3 maps were decent sized for air ops. So it's not so much the speed, it's the available area. Sure if you can make a continent sized island then it'd be interesting for that style gaming, but then again the feasibility is only dependent on the map-maker(s).

phoenix you make a good point...... the frogfoot would fit really well in the game and off set the A-10..... now about that damn harrier........... pistols.gif

Bleagh I agree, it's just a real pain in the ass to fly. I mean the Ka-50 is easier!

Quote[/b] ]here is footmunch F-16 still a wip

looking nice... what is progress with this addon ?

Footmunch ! Yeah, back to business biggrin_o.gif

I don't care for exact detail, perfect textures, thousands of features. I just want them to fly, carry weapons, look nice and fit the damn island !

Malick

I'm aiming for a beta release within the next few weeks.

Footmunch ! Yeah, back to business biggrin_o.gif

Is he?

Would be very sweet. smile_o.gif

Very nice WIP inlove.gif

Edit:

Nvm ... nice to see you back, Footmunch! yay.gif

FOOTIE!!!

good to have you back.. now i hope we´ll se conversions of most your old OFP planes biggrin_o.gif

especialy the Skyrider and the Saab Draken wink_o.gif

and the AN 72 biggrin_o.gif

What would be even nicer is some tutorials on how to convert aircraft from OFP into ArmA.

My mod has a ton of aircraft that need converting but we can't find any templates of ArmA jet aircraft (that fully work) nor any tutorials.

Still with that said, I'm likewise extremely happy to see Footmunch in action in ArmA. Footmunch has always been one of the most helpful and generous addon makers in OFP and has nothing but my utmost respect. The F-16 will be a wonderful addition to ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

What would be even nicer is some tutorials on how to convert aircraft from OFP into ArmA.  

My mod has a ton of aircraft that need converting but we can't find any templates of ArmA jet aircraft (that fully work) nor any tutorials.  

Still with that said, I'm likewise extremely happy to see Footmunch in action in ArmA.   Footmunch has always been one of the most helpful and generous addon makers in OFP and has nothing but my utmost respect.  The F-16 will be a wonderful addition to ArmA.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

especially of we got one in IAF colors.....

I'm aiming for a beta release within the next few weeks.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>He's Back !!!!</span>

well ..... maybe he didn't leave smile_o.gif

Missed your work buddy ..... looking forward to any realease biggrin_o.gif

btw, is talented eddyD helpin out with textures or something? (ie his post)

Gnat @ Feb. 14 2008,10:29)]btw, is talented eddyD helpin out with textures or something?

Hmmm, that would be simply excellent smile_o.gif

The 'quantity' addons of Footmunch, with the 'quality' touch of eddyD...

*Zombie voice* We need planes, plaaaaanes...

Malick

Quote[/b] ]What would be even nicer is some tutorials on how to convert aircraft from OFP into ArmA.

there's a10 example at least wink_o.gif

but ofp converts in Arma... what for ? I can't think of any plane addon that will look good in arma without serious texture remake at least...

Well there are a couple that would fit in, the CSLA Mig-21 would be nice. though I don't know how the textures are made.

I already thought about imporitng it, but there's jsut too many textures.

I'd gladly do it, just that would mean dodging some other mod work *cough*. Maybe one day. An Su-25. Maybe! BAH! The temptation is overwhelming!