Sign in to follow this  
M.Andersson(SWE)

Jet Fighters

That SU-30mk looks nice in screen shots, but the model is definitely not Arma friendly. Especially the back of the wing where it meets the body is a mess of loose polygons. Double sided and un-triangulated polygons everywhere man, it is nasty. In the early days of Arma modding, before the tools, I tried converting it properly with full shadow lods, but it wasn't easy going. Maybe now with the tools it would be easier but it still needs a full overhaul in order to make it Arma quality. The textures aren't that bad, they need to be merged though, as the are a bunch of small textures instead of one big one. Its sad that the workload of properly converting an ofp mod is the same as making a new mod altogether. Hopefully it will be easier for Arma -> Arma 2.

Quote[/b] ]sorry mate i deleted that other vid. here is a slice of it , with second part showing completed plane in daylight , just missile proxy placement to do

K here is the second video he PM me( kinda think I saw the evening part before) confused_o.gif

Anyway it still looks nice and he has full permission from scars, so that is good to hear.

video SU30mk

About the whole "not being able to use the fighters to their full potential" point, yes, that much is largely true on Sahrani, but isn't it possible to produce much larger maps using the Real Virtuality engine and include them in ArmA? I know it's a real pain to make these maps (2,500km^2, which would be possibly the biggest reasonable map of land would be a nuisance to fill), but they'd be a lot more appropriate for flying such aircraft.

You could make several smaller islands with each having an airfield put them all in the one map and the remaining space would be filled by water that way you could have great fighter battles and you could have island invasion and naval battles as well and you wouldnt have to fill as much as you would with one giant island plus it would give the possibility for aircraft carriers.

You could make several smaller islands with each having an airfield put them all in the one map and the remaining space would be filled by water that way you could have great fighter battles and you could have island invasion and naval battles as well and you wouldnt have to fill as much as you would with one giant island plus it would give the possibility for aircraft carriers.

is that possible to bring sahrani into visitor and add a few more islands?

is that possible to bring sahrani into visitor and add a few more islands?

people have done it with other islands i remember seeing it

dbo afghanistan is really huge. takes a long time to fly to the other end of it (even with the SU34)

I guess my WIP "WaterWorld" may go some way towards being solution. Its 25km x 25km with 9 large sealed airstrips.

But even that for Jet fighters could be a little small for a serious dogfight. Maybe 40km x would be better.

The intent is to not overload it with objects and reduce lag.

WW_3.jpg

Quote[/b] ]I guess my WIP "WaterWorld" may go some way towards being solution. Its 25km x 25km with 9 large sealed airstrips.

But even that for Jet fighters could be a little small for a serious dogfight. Maybe 40km x would be better.

The intent is to not overload it with objects and reduce lag.

i knew id seen someone working on multiple islands in one map looks very nice gnat

anybody know what happened to the A-7 that was floating around here?

Regarding that Scars Su-30, does anybody know if he is still working on his F/A-22?

There was a blog from him, too..

anybody know what happened to the A-7 that was floating around here?

Ask "MehMan" on this forum. That was his project.

Could any body do some work on the mapfacts AH64s pack its an nice pack but wow it need so texturing and the blades on them look vary bad, them are the only AH64s out and all they need is a little paint job and fix the blades on them.

A new AH-64 is in development by MapFact, so no worries on that part wink_o.gif

realy thats cool i dident know that. Is there any news on this?

A new AH-64 is in development by MapFact, so no worries on that part wink_o.gif

Good, reusing the old BIS ones was just unforgiveable...

are they working on the Chinook too?

Is there any news about this you say that Mapfact is redoing there AH-64 pack but i have not heard anybody else say anything about this or heard an news of this huh.gif

from what i understand its the IMW mod thats redoing thr AH-64

from what i understand its the IMW mod thats redoing thr AH-64

Yes they are and it look lovely but that is for there mod and not an stand alone addon just would be nice to have this Air Pack redone by retextureing and redoing the blades.

I wondering why I think this thread is about jet fighters icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes that is correct, the Iraqi Modern Warfare Mod has been redoing the Mapfact AH-64A and made them into beautiful Ah-64D's, Apache-Cobra is mainly to thank for this present xmas_o.gif