Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

To the people who are playing ArmA, how is it?

Oh i must have the "Severe learning difficulties" option enabled!  wow_o.gif

Crank up the AI or stop complaining about how stupid it is.

Hope BIS change the AI so they are still "smart" even on the lowest skill settings. "Skill" shouldn't affect how well the AI works, it should affect traits like how fast they can run, how well their aim is, and how well they conserve ammo.

People should have generally similar vision and reaction times no matter what their military finess.

Tomorrow is the day I finally play Armed Assault.A stroke a luck had it one my friends had a trip at the right time at the right place wink_o.gif

In any case I am very hopeful and I will present tomorrow my mini-review of the game and hopefully answer some of my questions and maybe some of the communities even if the Czech players have been EXTREMLY helpful and friendly.

The AI aspect is another troublesome aspect.ArmA will be blasted in the reviews,if the AI acts as some reports it does.And I find it odd how the AI is managed in ArmA.Indeed Placebo said something about needing a good FPS for the AI to work well,yet why doenst ArmA support multiple cores it would have been a blast if the AI could be loaded on one processor like Alan Wake which is going to use fully 4 processors(streaming terrain,phisics,AI etc.)

And alot of people are willing to sarcrifice FPS for high quality graphics,even I find 25-27FPS acceptable confused_o.gif

Here's a simple curiosity, in OPF the beautyfull faces of our favorite developers were all included in the game whistle.gif .

Is this the case with Arma?

Old post, but I think that it would be fantastic if BIS included a realistic model of Ondrej's hair in the game.

And alot of people are willing to sarcrifice FPS for high quality graphics,even I find 25-27FPS acceptable confused_o.gif

20FPS is good enough for the AI, just dont let it go below 15 smile_o.gif

Sickboy, it thought you were going? Do us all a favour and piss off please.

Flaming is not tolerated on these forums, please stop it else your ability to post will be removed.

I upgraded 2 times when FP originally came out. And I saw the A.I. get smarter with each cpu upgrade. So, good A.I. requires alot of CPU cycles. ALOT. It will be best on machines with more cpu power.

As well, the A.I. WAS abysmal in FP when it 1st came out. Everyone who has played FP knew this. I expect the same thing from AA.

AA from pics shows obviously updated models and visuals. I saw that vid of 134 A.I. being controlled. Compared to FP, it is amazing.

With patch updates in FP, A.I was finally able to drive correctly on the roads to destinations. A.I. Tank squads were finally controllable. The list goes on. And I imagine we are gonna see AA go thru the exact same growing pains.

For what AA will offer, I will take that trade off and wait for the patches. Give it time dudes, with polish, the games gonna rock hard I think.

Quicksand, you sure you're ready to starforce your system? I would wait if I were you and get the extra bonus of not having your system infected with malware.

It´s looking like Texture loading is very slow...

arma 2006-11-22 17-19-47-14.jpg

arma 2006-11-22 17-36-26-67.jpg

arma 2006-11-22 17-36-06-87.jpg

>when the soldiers don´t see you, they aiming probably on birds...

arma 2006-11-22 17-28-45-98.jpg

It looks like your pictures are loading really slowly. Sry dude. wink_o.gif

That's what happens to me when alt-tabbing sometimes, but especially when graphics settings are set way above pc capabilities (or a too heavy moment in the game), as OFP...ArmA tries to trade quality for fps, depending on your graphics settings, quality is changed by different LOD's, and your pics show on one of the lower lods, at least, thats my conclussion smile_o.gif

Try different graphics settings, newer drivers, etc smile_o.gif I'm not sure where the textures come from... I mean.. if they are already loaded in memory or need loading from harddrive, otherwise maybe defragmenting might help, altough far fetched

The flight model for the helicopters is so butchered, I just want to cry.

Since when did it become a good idea to make it almost physically impossible to control the choppers with a keyboard? I have the mouse's x axis set up for rotating the helicopter, yet when i go above speeds of say 50-60km/h, it converts turning to tilting..

what the hell happened to my favorite OFP choppers!? THEY'RE GONE! This new flight model leaves such a bad taste in my mouth its almost tempting to load back up opflash with ECP or whatnot.

Try using -nomap

No shit, i´ve had the same problem before but it´s gotten better since i´m using that old rusty command.

edit:

Practice makes perfect wink_o.gif

Try using -nomap

No shit, i´ve had the same problem before but it´s gotten better since i´m using that old rusty command.

edit:

Practice makes perfect wink_o.gif

I've been tooling around with them for well over an hour now, it just poorly done and very dissatisfying.

Read my previous post's edit.

Seems i´ve got to make another video showing proper keyboard flying in ArmA.

Don´t get me wrong, i´m still far from perfect but it´s getting better day by day. At first teh handling seemed wrong but after all it´s a good decesion by BIS because it prevents the OFP-disease of players being alround rambos, e.g. AT-Sniper-Helo-Tanker-BlackOp´s rofl.gif

Don´t get me wrong, i´m still far from perfect but it´s getting better day by day. At first teh handling seemed wrong but after all it´s a good decesion by BIS because it prevents the OFP-disease of players being alround rambos, e.g. AT-Sniper-Helo-Tanker-BlackOp´s rofl.gif

Eh, its not even fun to fly anymore.

Why does the key for pivoting the helicopter switch to banking it after you reach a certain speed? biggest load of BS i've ever seen.

Ive done that SP mission with the AH1 and the convoy countless times, never even getting close to suceeding.

Very bad move IMO, they've ruined the fun of the helicopters.

But make that video if you can, I'd love to see how I can improve on this broken model.

I guess its much better with a joystick? Atleast in OFP flying with joystick is really nice and keyboard is very boring.

I guess its much better with a joystick? Atleast in OFP flying with joystick is really nice and keyboard is very boring.

In ArmA is joystick too sensitive and there is no way, how to lower it's sensitivity in options sad_o.gif But i have no probles to fly with my mouse, after i reconfigured controls smile_o.gif

In ArmA is joystick too sensitive and there is no way, how to lower it's sensitivity in options sad_o.gif But i have no probles to fly with my mouse, after i reconfigured controls smile_o.gif

did you reconfigure them to resemble opflash? could you take a few pics of your controls so I could set mine up the same?

thanks.

Try using -nomap

edit:

Practice makes perfect  wink_o.gif

you musst be kidding! make some vids and show me how you ar flyin ! you super genius helicopter pilot!

its too sensible.. on e litte touch to the left and the chopper goes crazy.. i lost my nervs..

hey i shot down with unguided missiles from Mi that Hokum searching for me smile_o.gif took me like 10 minutes of chasing it smile_o.gif (and prior another hour to learn unstabilized mode flying lol) ....

still i think i sux on flying

you musst be kidding! make some vids and show me how you ar flyin ! you super genius helicopter pilot!

its too sensible.. on e litte touch to the left and the chopper goes crazy.. i lost my nervs..

Yeah, finally someone accepting the truth! Super genius, oh my...think i came into my pants lol

Here you go (youtube temporary):

Crappy landing but as said, only practice makes the real master.

Let´s talk again in about half a year wink_o.gif

PS: Maybe doing another video showing the AH1 in action because now i wanna blow stuff up.

Why does the key for pivoting the helicopter switch to banking it after you reach a certain speed? biggest load of BS i've ever seen.

Ive done that SP mission with the AH1 and the convoy countless times, never even getting close to suceeding.

But make that video if you can, I'd love to see how I can improve on this broken model.

No heavy offense meant here but if you played the original OFP mission with the convoys and could not acheive the mission..then flying isn't reall your thing.

Personally I look forward to this,will make piloting much more challenging and require practice,I am quite eager to see how challenging it will be to do with my joystick.

I'm kind of getting a bit confused with all the conflicting reports of how the flying is.

If BIS has dumbed down the flying and flight models, I'll be very disappointed. If however, they've attempted to move it in a more realistic direction, I'll look forward to it.

Of course, if they have gone for a more realistic approach, it makes sense that you will struggle flying with anything but a joystick.

No heavy offense meant here but if you played the original OFP mission with the convoys and could not acheive the mission..then flying isn't reall your thing.

Personally I look forward to this,will make piloting much more challenging and require practice,I am quite eager to see how challenging it will be to do with my joystick.

I dont know where you got the OFP convoy mission from, I was speaking about armed assault.