Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

To the people who are playing ArmA, how is it?

There are magazines which name is "HD" in OFP. I guess this stands for "high dispersion" or something to itroduce unskillful soldiers to OFP, for not only soldiers but also civilians in OFP, even though their skill is set low in the setting, are excellent snipers and kill you with only one shot.

So I hope ArmA has unskillful soldiers who consume a lot of ammo to kill one enemy. How is it? huh.gif

you musst be kidding!   make some vids and show me how you ar flyin ! you super genius helicopter pilot!

its too sensible.. on e litte touch to the left and the chopper goes crazy.. i lost my nervs..

Yeah, finally someone accepting the truth! Super genius, oh my...think i came into my pants lol

Here you go (youtube temporary):

Crappy landing but as said, only practice makes the real master.

Let´s talk again in about half a year  ;)

PS: Maybe doing another video showing the AH1 in action because now i wanna blow stuff up.

Looks good man!

Are you using TrackIR or just the ALT thingy

In ArmA is joystick too sensitive and there is no way, how to lower it's sensitivity in options sad_o.gif But i have no probles to fly with my mouse, after i reconfigured controls smile_o.gif

I can configure my joystick's sensetivity per game in some kind of Joystick gamemanager, got a logitech 3d pro or sth...

Maybe check your software to see if you can lower the sensetivity a lil smile_o.gif

Biggest problem is the AH1, that one is super sensey smile_o.gif

I remember watching a documentary on the RAH-66 prototype. It mentioned one of the features of the chopper's onboard computer, which is to correct the pilots control of the stick. Apparently most choppers only require extremely sensitive movements of the stick - if you slam the stick to one side in real life, chances are you've broken something.

EDIT: Love the banking in that video of the UH-60!

Yesterday we had our very first squadnight (SBP team) and i'm impressed that ArmA is almost bugless (well, major ones), pings around 30ms with no slowdown even with many units on the field...

Shots from this squadnight will be available on www.arma.si when we release the website. We've been testing my mission pack - Slovenian Peacekeepers: Operation Sahrani (aka SPOS). It will be released to the public in a week or so.

Yesterday we had our very first squadnight (SBP team) and i'm impressed that ArmA is almost bugless (well, major ones), pings around 30ms with no slowdown even with many units on the field...

Shots from this squadnight will be available on www.arma.si when we release the website. We've been testing my mission pack - Slovenian Peacekeepers: Operation Sahrani (aka SPOS). It will be released to the public in a week or so.

Hell yeah! Can't wait for public release of mission, if I understand correctly that it's coop? biggrin_o.gif

In ArmA is joystick too sensitive and there is no way, how to lower it's sensitivity in options sad_o.gif But i have no probles to fly with my mouse, after i reconfigured controls smile_o.gif

did you reconfigure them to resemble opflash?

No. I reconfigured it to resemble BF2142 controls smile_o.gif Mouse movement for rotor tilting, A/D for turning. Works quite fine.

Looks good man!

Are you using TrackIR or just the ALT thingy

The ALT thingy, don´t own a Track IR..yet inlove.gif

How did you get a full english version? Or did you just translate the text?  huh.gif

Hmm... Take a look at my signature smile_o.gif

I'm not sure where BIS got this logic concerning the grass:

-It Must be everywhere that isnt a road or desert.

-It Must be just tall enough that if you're lying down in it, you cannot see anything through your ironsights

-It Must require a $300 graphics card to be able to look through it in ironsights mode, without slowdown.

-Despite heavily obscuring your vision when lying down, it must absolutely dissapear after 50m thus providing no cover whatsoever

BI is pulling an 'Oblivion' here, all looks, no function!

I'd be happier with no grass at this point, or atleast much less dense grass over a wider area.

Oh and the map/menu's look as though they've been coloured by a 5 year old with crayons. please fix smile_o.gif

I miss the old, unobtrusive, sleek map style of OFP.

ArmA's Editor

OFP's Editor

If the grass thingie isnt fixed ill hope somebody smarter than me will figure out a way to remove them.

the arma mission editor looks almost same as the ofp one tounge2.gif just a the menu slightly differently aligned and roads are now colored wich sometimes really was needed when trying to check out user maps with tons of objects or where roads where going criss cross over eachother biggrin_o.gif

I'm not sure where BIS got this logic concerning the grass:

-It Must be everywhere that isnt a road or desert.

-It Must be just tall enough that if you're lying down in it, you cannot see anything through your ironsights

-It Must require a $300 graphics card to be able to look through it in ironsights mode, without slowdown.

-Despite heavily obscuring your vision when lying down, it must absolutely dissapear after 50m thus providing no cover whatsoever

BI is pulling an 'Oblivion' here, all looks, no function!

I'd be happier with no grass at this point, or atleast much less dense grass over a wider area.

Oh and the map/menu's look as though they've been coloured by a 5 year old with crayons. please fix smile_o.gif

I miss the old, unobtrusive, sleek map style of OFP.

ArmA's Editor

OFP's Editor

All of that, very true.

The editor's purpose is to edit missions. It looks perfectly fine to me. And yes, I spend hours a day in that screen so don't pull the "oh yeah? How long are you actually IN the editor" bs line... However, I completely agree with the grass. While I do believe it looks great, its practicality is quite silly.

- dRb

If the grass thingie isnt fixed ill hope somebody smarter than me will figure out a way to remove them.

Of coarse they will.. As soon as custom islands come out or maybe even grass replacements etc. etc.

I personally don't have a big problem with the grass, probably mainly because we don't play PvP... Altough it makes it hard sometimes smile_o.gif

I'm quite happy with the new look of the editor. I think it's tops, and serves its purpose better than the OFP one, without that cluttery + space wasting outline.

Quote[/b] ]I'm quite happy with the new look of the editor.

The look is certainly ok, but I missed improvements in the editor and extended functionality we all had hoped for, like a script module with debugging, a scalable 3d window for proper object placement, a media section to make use of the extended media embedding for Arma and finally some predefined Game Logics for nature and weather effects.

One question I have:

As orders are now spoken by units, do they always speak out orders the same way or are there differences related to the combatmodes of the units in question ? Are there different voicesets for different combatmodes ? Do AI units still speak out loud when in stealth mode ? This would be very bad. Can someone test with different combatmodes and tell the answer ?

Quote[/b] ]I'm quite happy with the new look of the editor.

The look is certainly ok, but I missed improvements in the editor and extended functionality we all had hoped for, like a script module with debugging, a scalable 3d window for proper object placement, a media section to make use of the extended media embedding for Arma and finally some predefined Game Logics for nature and weather effects.

One question I have:

As orders are now spoken by units, do they always speak out orders the same way or are there differences related to the combatmodes of the units in question ? Are there different voicesets for different combatmodes ? Do AI units still speak out loud when in stealth mode ? This would be very bad. Can someone test with different combatmodes and tell the answer ?

i think yes they still is, but then if they really make different voice act on different combat mode and having all of them done right the game would eat your HDD wow_o.gif

"It Must be just tall enough that if you're lying down in it, you cannot see anything through your ironsights"

Ya know what other dumbazz Developer had this same shiz? Novalogic, with Joint Ops. Imho, if ya can`t do grass right, don`t do it at all. If it doesn`t conceal you from long distances, then it is useless, and a waste of cpu power.

It doesn`t take a genius to figure that out.

For it to be commercially appealing they needed to put grass in. Publishers know that the larger gaming markets look for shiny “next gen†graphics. Personally I think it looks good, only adding to the atmosphere, which is a fundamental part of any game.

I can’t comment on how intrusive the grass is when prone because I don’t have the game but if it does indeed hinder vision, it should be lowered.

As for the editor, it’s visually simple but does the job.

I too am glad the roads are now coloured, saves time looking for them. tounge2.gif

so every place should be a golf club with a nicccce patch of grass with a little lake or pool of water and a sand patch here and there and........ oh wait, we shouldnt call this armed assult, we should call it sim golf club crazy_o.gif  rofl.gif

Just imagine that you could pick up a club and play golf within ArmA, as well as what is already there. Wouldn’t that be something? smile_o.gif