Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Dslyecxi

Undeniably the best trailer EVER for Armed Assault. Hat's off to you.

notworthy.gif

PS: Please tell us how you got that A-10 o' wisest leetest one   yay.gif with access to the coolest software on the face of this planet that we're all dying to get our hands on I can't stop making run-on sentences just thinkin about it! haha

Dslyecxi

Undeniably the best trailer EVER for Armed Assault. Hat's off to you.

notworthy.gif

PS: Please tell us how you got that A-10 o' wisest leetest one yay.gif with access to the coolest software on the face of this planet that we're all dying to get our hands on I can't stop making run-on sentences just thinkin about it! haha

Yep best arma trailer yet, someone make gamespot etc host that and not the bloody atari one.

A really nice video Dslyecxi and that new command engine looks awesome. thumbs-up.gif

Boredom + new 1.05+ idling speed =

biggrin_o.gif

Hi all

Albert should post his videos. (Hint hint Albert)

notworthy.gif

Dslyecxi you have some real competition. wink_o.gif

Kind Regards

lol, no give me some time to finish it. I want to tell a story and I am afraid to destroy the plot if I post only one fraction! But thank you Walker for your kind feedback and Checking! You are a real friend! smile_o.gif

Kind regards,

Albert!  wink_o.gif

Thank you Albert Schweizer, Dallas, OIK, and da rat for your comments.

To those who have had a chance to watch my tutorial video, does anything irritate you or put you off about it? Is there enough content in there? Were you bored by it? Was the flying and/or the information in it of a quality that would benefit new fliers? Was enough explained? My primary purpose in making the video is to benefit new fliers. I wanted to make as smooth a flight as possible, and was hoping that that flying style would help get the point across that planning out maneuvers and small control inputs were important. So, I let that speak for itself and talked mostly about tactics. Do you think that this is a good approach?

Thank you Albert Schweizer, Dallas, OIK, and da rat for your comments.

To those who have had a chance to watch my tutorial video, does anything irritate you or put you off about it?  Is there enough content in there?  Were you bored by it?  Was the flying and/or the information in it of a quality that would benefit new fliers?  Was enough explained?  My primary purpose in making the video is to benefit new fliers.  I wanted to make as smooth a flight as possible, and was hoping that that flying style would help get the point across that planning out maneuvers and small control inputs were important.  So, I let that speak for itself and talked mostly about tactics.  Do you think that this is a good approach?

In my opinion, your vid is one of the best vid, you can find for arma: realistic scenes, realistic noises (no music-sauce) and fair (not the tiny cut-scenes, lined up and give you an super-trooper but unrealistic impression of arma) :)

A while ago we had a "guest" on our Teamspeak which I posted a recording of on here ... Well, here is the video version which JasonO has kindly made ... a bit of light humour rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]

In my opinion, your vid is one of the best vid, you can find for arma: realistic scenes, realistic noises (no music-sauce) and fair (not the tiny cut-scenes, lined up and give you an super-trooper but unrealistic impression of arma) smile_o.gif

That's some high praise!!

Quote[/b] ]A while ago we had a "guest" on our Teamspeak which I posted a recording of on here ... Well, here is the video version which JasonO has kindly made ... a bit of light humour rofl.gif

I guess he was out on a day pass? huh.gif

*Thinking of canceling part 2 of base attack 4*

I guess I cannot compete... Whats wrong with my videos? Too boring? Seriously, I'd like constructive criticism. Seems as if all the hype is with the run and gun, no story driven videos... is that where I need to go? confused_o.gif

@ Victor, after watching base attacks it seems you need a new direction mate, I like a good story behind a movie as much as the next guy run'n'gun videos can only be fresh for so long. Nothings wrong with your screenplay maybe abit too much empathsis on the Blackhawk in your latest video. But keep at it because its obvious youve got the potential to make a goodun smile_o.gif

A while ago we had a "guest" on our Teamspeak which I posted a recording of on here ... Well, here is the video version which JasonO has kindly made ... a bit of light humour

Woah. That kid has problems.

I guess I cannot compete... Whats wrong with my videos? Too boring? Seriously, I'd like constructive criticism. Seems as if all the hype is with the run and gun, no story driven videos... is that where I need to go?   confused_o.gif

Edit: watched Base Attack 4 Part 1... I blame the cold medicine...

Ok, here's my review and critique.  Being a critic is easy since I did none of the work, and should only be taken as one persons opinion. (read: don't shoot me! I'm trying to help!  tounge2.gif  )

From the middle where you credit yourself on to the end, it's pretty damn nice. (need better quality text overlay though)The camera blocking, the video compression techniques, the music and timing are pretty good - could be stepped up a bit.  The time used to show the distance traveled can be shortened by camera movement and more dramatic use of angle and distance.  The rescue helo approach and soldiers walking was just a BIT too long.  Also, you could use some elements to show us where we are relative to where we are heading, and get some other actions involved - an enemy patrol, or show what's happening at the crash site - something that creates movement of story without rushing the pace, or seemingly shortening the task of getting the pilots back.  It can come across as arduous and long for the actors, just can't do it for the audience and keep the excitement.

Now for the first half.  There is no text or radio chatter that lets us know what is happening and why it's important.  The helo's flyby was either too close and flat to show scope, or to far away to get personally involved.  A bit closer camera movement would help with the pan having the chopper fill the screen and then (without whiplash) showing where it's heading in all it's glory.  The shot climbing to the top of the ladder for the AA shows either a bit too much, or not enough.  Seeing just the barrel, I got the feeling 'oh oh, here's someone that can't be good'  but then the reveal took too long, and was a bit impersonal because of the camera angle trying to keep the blackhawk in frame.  Might be better to cut to a front view real quick as the soldier unslings the launcher, so we may see his face and focus for a second, and then switch back.

It looks like you got warmed up about half way through. I'd just revisit the front half of this vid now that you're 'in the groove'.  Add a few overlays or drop in some text for a bit of polish, and check the continuity and composition of shots throughout the vid.

It's a good effort and not to be wasted.

That's all the time I have for now.  If you want some more abuse, I'll be happy to review and comment any of your future works   biggrin_o.gif

Edit #3: @*#&@*# !!  (I'm a total airhead right now)  It needs to be said that telling a story is infinitely harder than a simple action vid.  You need to connect all the dots of the visual story since we have little or no voice acting to supplement it.  So that said, you have done quite well.

Quote[/b] ]A while ago we had a "guest" on our Teamspeak which I posted a recording of on here ... Well, here is the video version which JasonO has kindly made ... a bit of light humour

Woah. That kid has problems.

BIG time.. And the comment of a couple cups o' tea would be great with a prescription or two.  The other guys take it with so much class, I'm laughing at the disparity.

keep them coming, really licking my fingers here, another professionally edited video in two days.

In terms of montage and timing, it's almost even better than the "Arma as I imagined it" video by the dyslexic guy, although the latter one knows how to handle the camera and the "dept of field" effect in an unseen-before way .... . And of course, it's a different genre.

Congratulations on both outstanding achievements.

where does the music used in the Mapfact vid stem from?

I guess I cannot compete... Whats wrong with my videos? Too boring? Seriously, I'd like constructive criticism. Seems as if all the hype is with the run and gun, no story driven videos... is that where I need to go? confused_o.gif

Victor, your vids are good. Kudos to you for attempting to create story driven vids, which, in my personal opinion, the community doesn't fully appreciate yet. So don't give up man, keep it up.

Regards,

tr1n.

Well if I had a good story, I'd have more of an interest in what I'm making. Actually, from your comments, that struck every point I felt was wrong in the film. The reason is, honestly, I get bored making certain aspects of the film and just extend the footage to "take up time"... I'm just officially challenged when it comes to basing a movie off of something and have the interest to carry it throughout the film because idk what I'm filming actually wink_o.gif

Mapfact AH64A Video Youtube version

(full version some Posts above)

mfg Sgt.Ace

Well if I had a good story, I'd have more of an interest in what I'm making. Actually, from your comments, that struck every point I felt was wrong in the film. The reason is, honestly, I get bored making certain aspects of the film and just extend the footage to "take up time"... I'm just officially challenged when it comes to basing a movie off of something and have the interest to carry it throughout the film because idk what I'm filming actually wink_o.gif

Yup.  Getting excited about a storyline is the best motivator.  If it's too long, you need to capture your enthusiasm with a storyboard, or have someone who is equally excited and can push you through difficulties.  To quote the font of wisdom that is OFP Death Screens: "A lot of good work is wasted for lack of a little more"  tounge2.gif

Keep going, you're doing well.  smile_o.gif

Yeah, it is of the utmost importance that you create and flesh out an interesting story that you're happy with before beginning to make your video.

I'm no video maker, but it's similar to if you're writing a short story. Sometimes writers fail to fully think through their story and they end up giving lengthy, detailed descriptions for settings in plots that don't go anywhere. Don't assume that things will fall into place while you are putting together the actual video. It's much easier to make changes during the planning process.

Anyway, this is something that I had to keep in mind when I was writing a story for my English class.

Story-driven videos sound pretty tough to make in ArmA. A good story is going to need some good characters. This is pretty tricky since it will probably require some good voice acting. Also the character models in ArmA don't convey emotions very well and it doesn't look totally natural when they talk.