Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

The person to thank is Spinor/CoC wink_o.gif

"walker/CoC" was rather to read as walker respectively the whole CoC team smile_o.gif

This Dslyecxi-vid is not fair.

This movie gives a perfect impression from ArmA but unfortunately we all know ArmA isnt perfect.

well, thats true but if you have a good, very good computer you will be able to play like that every day wink_o.gif

This Dslyecxi-vid is not fair.

This movie gives a perfect impression from ArmA but unfortunately we all know ArmA isnt perfect.

ArmA isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean that it's not a great game.

Games like Splinter Cell Double Agent and Rainbow Six Vegas have serious problems that will never get fixed. R6 Vegas has a problem in MP that using Chat will randomly make the game crash. This applies to the PC versions, the XBOX 360 versions were a bit better.

ArmA still gets updates, OFP was getting updates for years. MP works properly, unlike R6 Vegas tounge2.gif

This video was inspired by both the excellent "300" movie trailer from awhile back as well as the terrible ArmA trailer that Atari recently released. This was created on one day in the space of about five hours.

It's an abbreviated look at an attack from the North Sahrani against the South Sahrani forces.

Oh yeah, and there are A-10s in this footage. wink_o.gif

Enjoy.

Download ArmA: Just Like You Imagined inlove.gif

Awesome video mate ... what techniques you use filming that? smile_o.gif

Hi all

wolfsblut_ are you running the same version of ArmA as Dslyecxi is in the video? wink_o.gif

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Kind Regards walker

Hi all

wolfsblut_ are you running the same version of ArmA as Dslyecxi is in the video? wink_o.gif

Kind Regards walker

what version could this be? 1.06? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi all

Kind Regards walker

Duh tounge2.gif A beta version though.

Hi all

Just though we would let you see some of the new functions and interface of the CEX Command Engine we are building for ArmA. Please be aware the strange mouse positioning in the video is due to FRAPS

High-res version:

http://www.thechainofcommand.net/downloa....ons.wmv

Kind Regards walker

Most excellent!   It was funny watching the vid, I was saying "This is fantastic, if only they could... Oh, they did that already." through the whole thing.  biggrin_o.gif

Looking extremely professional!   inlove.gif

Edit #5 or 6.. damn cold medicine-- Kudos to BIS for putting the new capabilities into the engine to make this possible!  notworthy.gif

Hi all

Kind Regards walker

what version could this be? 1.06?  icon_rolleyes.gif

Hhmm... seems to be that Dslyecxi have the Arma v8.27-Version, which comes in Oct 2021.

to run it well what kinda of Super computer do we need?

it seems laggying like hell, or is it my impression?  huh.gif

great feature though.  wink_o.gif

edit: any ideas when will be out or complete? cheers, cant wait to use it smile_o.gif

Hi all

Kind Regards walker

Hhmm... seems to be that Dslyecxi have the Arma v8.27-Version, which comes in Oct 2021?

This is the ArmA video thread, not the whine thread.

can we say that this feature is similar to that one BIS planed to put in VBS2?

can we actually place units and build a mission in the 3D map? wow_o.gif

can we say that this feature is similar to that one BIS planed to put in VBS2?

can we actually place units and build a mission in the 3D map? wow_o.gif

Well this is offtopic, but anyway...

There is a tool for ArmA that lets you write stuff to files from the game (can't find it right now). Using that, it should be possible to make a 3D mission editor and be able to save the mission. In fact, a built in script and briefing editor should even be possible. Some impressive possibilities biggrin_o.gif

Hi all

In reply to wolfsblut_ it is fairly clear Dslyecxi is running the US release wink_o.gif Due out in May. You will see the people with cracked ArmA moaning about the patch causing ArmA not to work on their computer again when ArmA gets patched up to the US release.

In reply to bravo 6 The command engine itself has low demand on CPU and virtually zero on GFX so you do not need a supercomputer wink_o.gif I am running it on a Laptop AMD 64 3400 mhz, 512mb and a 128mb 9700 GFX card.

CEX is built on a modular principle same as all CoC stuff. The CEX itself will not have a 3D editor built in. It has a tools menu where other tools can be plugged in. There is a map overlay editor, artillery, logistics, etc. The logistics editor fulfils most of those functions for base/FARP building and is linked to a rational supply model rather than the fanciful factory system of the CC type game-play; although a factory tool addition would be simple to create.

3D editors are very easy to build in ArmA; we have had one as an internal tool to CoC for years even in OFP. Various other people have made them too.

CEX is more about real strategic battle planning, thought and implementation than CC style play. The CC style play is 2D/3D CEX is 2D/3D/4D.

Kind Regards walker

to run it well what kinda of Super computer do we need?

it seems laggying like hell, or is it my impression? huh.gif

great feature though. wink_o.gif

edit: any ideas when will be out or complete? cheers, cant wait to use it smile_o.gif

Are you talking about the CoC Command Engine?

It runs the same as normal ArmA. I haven't seen a performance hit with it. It's very, very slick, too. inlove.gif

(various things)

inlove.gif

I'm all kinds of excited to see that stuff show up in ArmA.

Hi all

Just though we would let you see some of the new functions and interface of the CEX Command Engine we are building for ArmA. Please be aware the strange mouse positioning in the video is due to FRAPS

High-res version:

http://www.thechainofcommand.net/downloa....ons.wmv

Kind Regards walker

Absolutely stunning. Got me a real shiner from watching this. Thank you thank you thank you!

I wish I had the energy to make a trailer.. My current ArmA video project(s) are keeping me very busy.

How come everyone manages to get these new add-ons in their videos and I never seem to locate them.

I wish I had the energy to make a trailer.. My current ArmA video project(s) are keeping me very busy.

How come everyone manages to get these new add-ons in their videos and I never seem to locate them.

Becuase we dont have the same ArmA versions lol thumbs-up.gif

3D editors are very easy to build in ArmA; we have had one as an internal tool to CoC for years even in OFP. Various other people have made them too.

3D mission editors? I don't remember any for OFP, although I did stop playing it in 2005. Any chance you will release that 3D editor for ArmA? I'm sure many people (including me) would love to have it.

Hi all

In Reply to Matt Rochelle no that is standard ArmA 1.5 in that case. Just the CEX added to it.

CEX is work in progress. Lots of new things to put in wink_o.gif plus our usual rigorous beta testing.

As I said Dslyecxi video is ArmA: Combat Operations the US release due out in May.

As anyone who is from the original OFP crowd knows BIS have given us the most flexible game engine in history. ArmA is the most editable version yet; with a whole host of new editing systems, commands and tools.

Expect to see a mass of new games and games concepts coming out based on the ArmA engine. The engine used in ArmA is the equivalent of a visual programing tools in programming. Yes they allow anybody to program but more importantly they allow the really good programmers to be far more efficient as we do not have to go round continually re inventing the wheel.

What the advances in the engine does is let us concentrate on innovation and fast efficient code.

Kind Regards walker

Holy crap, m8! Just watched the Youtube version. notworthy.gifinlove.gif

That movie/trailer is just pure class. Brilliant editing and the footage is great to watch also. Downloading the Hi Res version now. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

*Ahh finally, just two weeks to I get my ArmA Copy and a new rig to play it on. biggrin_o.gif *