Sign in to follow this  
celoush

Armed Assault videos

Speaking of gods, I just ordered ArmA!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I'm expecting to get it in about a week... I'll try and make some videos (I haven't got the registered thing of Fraps though, so I think it only allows ~30 second vids) and take some pictures for everyone!

See you on the battlefield! pistols.gifpistols.gifpistols.gif

(For anyone who wants to know, I ordered it from here, and yes, the site is in English and I'm planning to do that thing to make the game's text ['cept briefings] in English)

Now if firing a flare would blind an NV goggle user it would make some pretty interesting tactical situtations during the night.. tounge2.gif

Almost every brighter light blinds you in those smile_o.gif

Nice video, Shadak! Realy nice! Thanks yay.gif

Well, did you see a bullet which penetrated human bodies? In other words, can you kill multiple people in line with only one shot? I confirm that bullets penetrate walls in your recent video but I'm not sure about human bodies. wink_o.gif

Nice video, Shadak! Realy nice! Thanks yay.gif

Well, did you see a bullet which penetrated human bodies? In other words, can you kill multiple people in line with only one shot? I confirm that bullets penetrate walls in your recent video but I'm not sure about human bodies. wink_o.gif

Sorry mate, bullets dont go through bodies. I tried different weps but they just dont sad_o.gif Would be kool though pistols.gif

really thx for the vids Shadak! yay.gif

Btw, congrats BIS with the sounds, they are a zillion times better then OFP's.

Actually these are the best I ever heard in a game so far. Even friends who dislike Arma's or OFP gameplay told me they love ArmA's sounds.

really thx for the vids Shadak! yay.gif

Actually these are the best I ever heard in a game so far. Even friends who dislike Arma's or OFP gameplay told me they love ArmA's sounds.

Yeah, I love how you can notice the difference when they are shooting from farther away, the "sonic" effect, etc... Only the vehicle sounds seem to be pretty much the same.

EDIT: btw I have some time today if anyone wants to see something particular. Maybe the armor fight but its not that interesting. firefoxlover.gif

- I would love to see a boattrip on a stormy ocean (with rain)

(btw are there any big watersplashes when a shell or som. else hits the water?)

- An infantry battle in dense woods.

- Some wildlife maybe? Shoot a bird tounge2.gif

- You in a static machinegun firing at some troops. (maybe with some support)

- The javelin in action

- Some civilian cars

Quote[/b] ](For anyone who wants to know, I ordered it from here, and yes, the site is in English and I'm planning to do that thing to make the game's text ['cept briefings] in English)

you be better off waiting for german version m8, go see the czech threads here

you going to have to patch and report bugs in czech and it wont be easy smile_o.gif.

perhaps a look at all the 134 units in detail to see the differences?

bootneckofficer

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: btw I have some time today if anyone wants to see something particular. Maybe the armor fight but its not that interesting. firefoxlover.gif

hey shadak video master!! I can´t resist your offering tounge2.gif

PLEASE can you make some armor ones... to finally see in action the heavy machine gun of the top of tanks (mainly T72)

(but in first person view please) and also please show us some tank driving in turn out position... I always saw the tanks

in third person view but never see them from the driver view...

I mean in turn out position... please I would love see that!!

Thanks!! notworthy.gif

hi Shadak, thanks for taking the time to post videos. I would be pleased to see some clips of these things, if you or anyone else has time:

The transition of a unit swiming to the beach and then getting up and walking.

Maybe a clip of the zodiac boats in action.

A close up of that huge bridge being blown up (if its possible)- with satchel charges and/or LGB's.

Can you alter the weather too? to show it raining?

many thanks.

Quote[/b] ]EDIT: btw I have some time today if anyone wants to see something particular. Maybe the armor fight but its not that interesting. firefoxlover.gif

hey shadak video master!! I can´t resist your offering tounge2.gif

PLEASE can you make some armor ones... to finally see in action the heavy machine gun of the top of tanks (mainly T72)

(but in first person view please) and also please show us some tank driving in turn out position... I always saw the tanks

in third person view but never see them from the driver view...

I mean in turn out position... please I would love see that!!

Thanks!! notworthy.gif

Here is a little tank driving vid.

http://mega-file.net/file.php?file=4c5865fddbf36844fb7c113982864809

We have the noobs reloaded video's mirrored over at Armed Assault Zone

Great to see the 134 AI vid, cheers ArmA-ZonE.pl wink_o.gif

Nice coop vid but what the heck is wrong with the day-night cycle?

Hey shadak, could you level an entire city?

Here is a good way to do it:

1. Take a game logic (any unit should do though)

2. In the init field type: "timebomb" createvehicle (getpos this)

Type it exactly as I did, copy and paste from here so you don't have to re-type.

3. Copy and paste (Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V to paste) many of these units all over the town, maybe 2 or 3 per building.

4. Position yourself at a nice vantage point with a view of the whole town.

5. Start the mission up, the timebombs take either 20 or 30 seconds until they go boom so film maybe 15 seconds into the mission.

I hope I got that right.

If you want you can get it in slow motion with the command setacctime 0.2, replace 0.2 with whatever you want - 1 is normal speed.

Type it exactly as I did, copy and paste from here so you don't have to re-type.

3. Copy and paste (Ctrl + C to copy and Ctrl + V to paste) many of these units all over the town, maybe 2 or 3 per building.

5. Start the mission up, the timebombs take either 20 or 30 seconds until they go boom so film maybe 15 seconds into the mission.

I hope I got that right.

If you want you can get it in slow motion with the command setacctime 0.2, replace 0.2 with whatever you want - 1 is normal speed.

this is what it says when I type anything in init field sad_o.gif : Type Object, should be None

- I would love to see a boattrip on a stormy ocean (with rain)

(btw are there any big watersplashes when a shell or som. else hits the water?)

- An infantry battle in dense woods.

- Some wildlife maybe? Shoot a bird tounge2.gif

- You in a static machinegun firing at some troops. (maybe with some support)

- The javelin in action

- Some civilian cars

Here's a woods battle for now. The dense woods are a bit messy to make a vid though smile_o.gif

http://mega-file.net/file.php?file=485246f0c22c295987b28acaf9288960

I hope I got that right.

this is what it says when I type anything in init field sad_o.gif : Type Object, should be None

crazy_o.gif Maybe I got it wrong, try it like this:

bla = "timebomb" createVehicle (position this)

Hopefully that will work.

Edit: If it doesn't try camcreate instead of createvehicle.

really thx for the vids Shadak!   yay.gif

Eh, the weps sounds like bass drums when the shooter is standing behind a building or is beyond a set distance.

Am I the only one hearing the discrepancy between we what you hear in arma and what you'd hear IRL?

I mean, it's not those 2 are close, and with arma using openal this time around, there is NO reason for not having better audio fx.

But sofar the sound has been thoroughly disappointing.

Yes, there are sonic cracks from shots being close, but where are the spacial almost echoish reverbs you get from ciy fighting?

I know that there are limits, but the things I'm reacting to are things that already are in the the game, but used improperly.

We have filters, we can hear that with the bass drummy thing mentioned earlier, the filter needs to be edited to actually sound like a sound would sound when being shot behind an obstacle, we have reverbs since you can hear those fx in some vids aswell, but again, the reverb we hear in arma sounds off and also needs to be edited.

I really dont wanna badmouth or insult the sound people at bis, since I seem to share a friend with one of the sound ppl at BIS but there are weird things going on in arma, and I for one would like to know why...