Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Decent maybe but his apache is more or less a compilation of other apache's with skins that other people made,not his own. Okay so there may be an MFD texture,it doesn't do anything for one.

Didn't they mention there is a way to start without any of the scripts..meh maybe they should make a simplified version,anything is better than a remake thats been made over and over while nobody else makes something new.

Hmmm. Tarik have you tested Franze's Apache without MFD and another lagging scripts? I remember that when 3 or 4 AH-64s appeared in FFURCTI, I've got massive lag... 10 minutes of walking around the enemy base, shooting everything on the sight, without any effect.

Anyway I remember that MPIV Apache added nothing to game, except MPIV shelter and weapons :/ Franze's is quite better.

Looks cool but wouldnt run on the Pc i play flashpoint on. lol

Quote[/b] ]The T-90 Doesn't cause any lag as long as it is used without the scripts that come with it.

I thought the T-90 causes some lag due to the high textures on it.

Quote[/b] ]Res units might get the RPK-47 (From The WWIII mod if they would grant persmission), but wait'n see. ;-)

Couldn't you just use the one from the ORCS weapon pack or  is denorc not allowing you too.

Quote[/b] ]Heh, I would have liked it'd be mine but it has been done by the REM mod (a-christ) though, as mentioned in the news post

->(Thanks to the REM/Combat mods for the vulcan model).

Thats a pretty vulcan. Will the REM Mod be released to the Public at all, Anybody.

Quote[/b] ]I do not want to start a flame-war on which one is better than another one, both of them look very good in my judgement and both seem to be authentic, but Denorc disagrees about supporting us as long as RHS models are used in the FFUR Mod, and that simply makes no sense to me.

Makes no sense to me either. But Denorc possibly doesn't like the RHS team for some unknown reason.

Anyway cheers for the news TB. Looking forward for the release of the patch. Any estimate on the size.

Quote[/b] ]but Denorc disagrees about supporting us as long as RHS models are used in the FFUR Mod, and that simply makes no sense to me.

Maybe abit of bad blood?, thats abit cut your nose off to spike your face I think.

Nevermind Jog on FFUR. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but Denorc disagrees about supporting us as long as RHS models are used in the FFUR Mod, and that simply makes no sense to me.

Maybe abit of bad blood?, thats abit cut your nose off to spike your face I think.

Haha, yes that was a great offer back then smile_o.gif

Anyway, keep up the good work FFUR team, the screens look very promising and i like to read about some changes.

One of my bigger hopes are a edited FOV ( or at least two configs ) and a changed stand atm the guys with flak vests ( like the russians in FFUR ) look like their head is almost in the vest and only the eyes look out ^^

Mhhh maybe i can give tarik something to spice the old INF up a tiny bit.

wont there be Llauma faces in 2.5?

i wouldn't think so. Llauma's head model would cause alot of lag, due to the random faces scripts. unless Llauma's head also works with BIS faces but I'm sure it doesn't

The textures are a completely different layout. There are also issues arising from units crewing vehicles at the start of missions - mainly due to the init eventhandler not executing correctly, and as such, the faces not being mapped properly. I'd advise sticking with default BIS heads.

Quote[/b] ]How about a release date for the patch???

Patience, all good things are worth waiting for..

404.gif

No update to the life meter?

I only ask because I suspect that this is the cause for people dying multiple times when lit up by machine gun fire and AI running around on the ground as dead bodies shooting you.

Will this most dire issue also be fixed with the patch?

Hi,

After some thought and experimentation, I have decided to rework completely the US Army Personnel Models (BDU Camo) by basing myself on DMA Human model (Thanks to Sanctuary and to Williec), because the previous US Infantry models (Shown on ofp.info a couple of days ago) just weren't that satisfying in my judgement (Due to several technical inaccuracies).

Here are some shots of the new US Army Soldiers (Beta) that would hopefully be included to the next incoming patch. (that would include various random variants : with/without Backpack, with/without Goggles, with/without kneepads to increase the models variety in-game.)

FFURUSSol2.jpg

FFURUSSol1.jpg

FFURUSSol3.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm. Tarik have you tested Franze's Apache without MFD and another lagging scripts?

Well, Franze Apache is pretty well done and very detailed but it's one of the few addons that need all of its scripts to work propely in game, especially because of its complex weapons system.

Quote[/b] ]No update to the life meter?

Haven't mentioned it but it has been taken out.

Quote[/b] ]One of my bigger hopes are a edited FOV ( or at least two configs ) and a changed stand atm the guys with flak vests ( like the russians in FFUR ) look like their head is almost in the vest and only the eyes look out

Thanks for the kind words and no worries about the FOV, it would be changed as well.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Tbird if u still want to use the mercs SRK has added some upadtes fixing a fair few bugs PM me if u want a link to the updated ones  wink_o.gif

Damn! Those Infantry models look the business, much better than the old base model, any screenshots of ACU troopers?

This is nice!! The clan i'm in would love to use ffur, but we can not get it working on our linux server. Will this patch fix the problem we are having? I love how ffur works-the lean, explosions, awesome updated textures. I think its a huge step up from the original game. I would just love to see it workable on a linux server. Is there something that maybe we need to do to the server to get it working? Or will it be fixed in this new patch?

Great work thunderbird84 and your team!

Hatcher.

The new us soldier looks awesome with Williec superb models.

Very good retexture job icon14.gif

Thanks for the kind words everyone, 'glad you appreciate'em, and the same is actually being done on the ACU and Special Forces troops (Both camos), I would hopefully try to come up with a couple of screenshots as soon as they would be quite decent to be shown, heh. ;-)

Quote[/b] ]The clan i'm in would love to use ffur, but we can not get it working on our linux server

I'm afraid there's nothing I could do, I just never dealed with Linux, but all I can say so far, is that the MP side would be much improved and would undergone intensive Beta-tests.

Quote[/b] ]Tbird if u still want to use the mercs SRK has added some upadtes fixing a fair few bugs PM me if u want a link to the updated ones

Thanks.

Regards

Thunderbird84

that solider looks like hes been kicked in the nuts, dunno if its just the anime but it puts me off lol wink_o.gif

that solider looks like hes been kicked in the nuts, dunno if its just the anime but it puts me off lol wink_o.gif

It's not the model, but the angle of the pic vs the anim. The bowed legs issue has been around since day one.

One problem you'll have with those unit models is the uvmapping on the legs. Trying to run a texture such as a leg strap around the leg is a pain. Either they need reuvmapped and reimported or the straps may need to be delicately modeled.

Willecs models are awesome for what they are meant for, but I prefer the older model, as much as innacurate as is.

Warning: Constructive criticism ahead, read at your own risk.

Since, never in my life, have I seen so fat soldier, except the ones in the offices. Also, wrists looked OK on the guerrilas, but as US troops, they look like they played alot of OFP. Also, vests kind of look like they're made of paper. Also, comparing that HMMWV to the soldier, if soldier were around 180cm tall, that tire would be over one meter. Soldier/HMMWV might need rescaling.

End of constructive criticism.

Also, I once again beg for the quick-fix for the dedicated server issue, because I'm aware that the update could be weeks away.

Guest Ti0n3r
Willecs models are awesome for what they are meant for, but I prefer the older model, as much as innacurate as is.

I must say I agree with that

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm. Tarik have you tested Franze's Apache without MFD and another lagging scripts?

Well, Franze Apache is pretty well done and very detailed but it's one of the few addons that need all of its scripts to work propely in game, especially because of its complex weapons system.

Quote[/b] ]No update to the life meter?

Haven't mentioned it but it has been taken out.

Quote[/b] ]One of my bigger hopes are a edited FOV ( or at least two configs ) and a changed stand atm the guys with flak vests ( like the russians in FFUR ) look like their head is almost in the vest and only the eyes look  out

Thanks for the kind words and no worries about the FOV, it would be changed as well.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

So light-scripted version of Franze's Apache became dream...

Will you include both configs with and without wide FOV? Or documentation with some instructions "how to" for noobies? wink_o.gif

I'm working on Battlefield 1985 to make it FFUR compatible wink_o.gif

removing the 'uneeded' scripts and eyecandy from franze's apache is very easy - about a 10minute job. Obviously you'd have to ask the appropiate permission to rip stuff out.

Since, never in my life, have I seen so fat soldier, except the ones in the offices. Also, wrists looked OK on the guerrilas, but as US troops, they look like they played alot of OFP. Also, vests kind of look like they're made of paper.

I'll politely disagree with you til the end of time on this one.

The anorexic units that have been coming out for some time now really really look out of proportion. I'm guessing you probably think the Code Blue units look too fat as well? Now those units look like what they are supposed to. The DMA base units have some screwed up wrists I agree and can easily be fixed, but the overall size and shape is spot on for your average sized US male in gear and body armor. I can post links to photos that support that claim all day as I'm sure you could do the same as a rebuttal.

I don't see any pics from this site that make the aboe units look out of proportion, actually many seem bulkier than the units TB is making.

http://www.173rdairborne.com/iraq.htm

Just my opinion.