Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Since, never in my life, have I seen so fat soldier,

Were is the pic posted of the "fat" soldier? I can't see any fat soldiers crazy_o.gif

I just confirm what Ebud said: the 'remake' of the US soldiers is mainly caused by the complaints about the fact that almost all of actual 'Infantry Models' look 'thin', [+ a couple of other inaccuracies...].

well... maybe the previous screeshots weren't good enough to show how the models do really look in-game too, Here are more shots (in-action):

Screen3.jpg

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Quick Fire question, will handguns still have tracers?

Handguns don't have any tracers.

Quote[/b] ]Or documentation with some instructions "how to" for noobies?

Envisaged.

Quote[/b] ]removing the 'uneeded' scripts and eyecandy from franze's apache is very easy - about a 10minute job. Obviously you'd have to ask the appropiate permission to rip stuff out.

This can be easily done indeed, but the point is that 'Franze apache' wouldn't be 'Franze apache' without all of its MFDs and without the rest of scripted instruments, though.

Moreover, the weapons system is scripted too, and that cause a certain lag in-game, especially during huge battles.

Regards

Thunderbird84

confused_o.gif keep the old models please. If you don't I guess I won't use the update. The model and textures of the current US Soldier are way better than what you plan to replace it with. The DMA models are nice, but the baggy trousers and fat belly of the model are not suited for US soldiers. The kevlar-vest looks very wierd on this model and everything just looks out of proportion.

I can see what he means actually, and I don't know what his frmae of reference comes from, but BDUs are baggy as hell and make you look about 2x as fat. The waist may be small but they are cut very big and loose. I've seen a lot of pics of European soldiers from my memory I remember most of them being much slimmer and the uniforms tailored much less baggy, but thats from memory.

confused_o.gif keep the old models please. If you don't I guess I won't use the update. The model and textures of the current US Soldier are way better than what you plan to replace it with. The DMA models are nice, but the baggy trousers and fat belly of the model are not suited for US soldiers. The kevlar-vest looks very wierd on this model and everything just looks out of proportion.

haha, actually, baggy pants and big waists have been an american trait for ages now.

I guess removing some scripts might help the game a lot. For example I started a campaign in peacemaker. The lag was unbelievable in almost all the missions. No such problem when playing in vanilla though.

But playing vanilla isn´t fun anymore. It has to be FFUR. pistols.gif

Quote[/b] ]Handguns don't have any tracers.

I ment in FFUR the handguns have tracers, are they being taken out? smile_o.gif

This can be easily done indeed, but the point is that 'Franze apache' wouldn't be 'Franze apache' without all of its MFDs and without the rest of scripted instruments, though.

Moreover, the weapons system is scripted too, and that cause a certain lag in-game, especially during huge battles.

Regards

Thunderbird84

oh, of course, no disagreement there - essentially it then just becomes a prettier model.

US woodland soldiers (Hopefully the final version).

[*]Removed the heavy body armor.

[*]Added 'mud' and 'dust' on pants.

[*]Edited the camo pattern.

etc...

Rifleman (Magazines pouches, grenades pouches, 2 x canteens).

Shot1.jpg

Grenadier (..., + M203 pouches).

Shot3.jpg

Medic (..., + Medical backpack).

Shot2.jpg

Several changes have been carried out and as already said, more variants would be available soon (with/without camelback, with/without kneepads... ), anyways, I hope everyone would be satisfied with the new changes this time, if not, just wait'n see'em in game. :-)

Regards

TB84

Personally I prefer the one from the previouse update, but that is just me I don't know what the others said.

The chest part looks pretty fucked up because it has no gear on it. where are the combat vests with the gear ? huh.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Looks pretty damn nice, apart from the fat legs smile_o.gif

Since, never in my life, have I seen so fat soldier, except the ones in the offices. Also, wrists looked OK on the guerrilas, but as US troops, they look like they played alot of OFP. Also, vests kind of look like they're made of paper.

I'm guessing you probably think the Code Blue units look too fat as well?

Not really, CodeBlue actually look really good. Cloth is hard to replicate in OFP, so I guess that's the problem, maybe with ArmA and normal mapping.

i dont know if its been asked already but im to lazy  goodnight.gif  to search 60 pages to find the aswer  

is ffur 2006 2.0 compatible with the CSLA 2 update 1 of is it not compatible

(i do love ffur  but i want to play around with both if possible  if not well then i have to live with it )

me + ffur =  inlove.gif

Hmm I don't realy see the improvement on the woodland soldiers the model is okay but what did you do to the pattern. Its way too dark and way way too big atleast on the legs. and the OD green on the interceptor or what it is is too light

This is about how the pattern should be looking:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2130/wwodsizeur3.jpg

sory for the bad picture.

STGN

imo the soldiers were ok in ffur2006 and 2.0 If i was a mod maker i would try to add and or fix others things. New effects. Thats where ofp lack the most.

So, I prefer the old version too. Better textures and general expieriences wink_o.gif

New soldier model look a bit...weird to me crazy_o.gif sorry. Why mess with perfection?

BTW, speaking about "the best of the best"- in my humble opinion DLEM's ACU are the best looking US soldier models ever. Have you ever thought about adding em to FFUR? whistle.gif

ribyh1.jpg

T-bird,please don't go with this model! From a distance it would look like a soldier with an exposed rib cage,or some type of new fangle tiger/zebra cammo! Edit= just read post above,if you did please don't use new face model's confused_o.gif .They don't work after resuming a saved game!! EDIT 2= Dohh sorry for another edit but with hind sight why bother changing the old model? As the saying goes "if it ain't broke,don't try and fix it" wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Looks pretty damn nice, apart from the fat legs

what is with you people and fat body parts... looks pretty normal to me. when I was in the field I would always have my cargo pockets crammed with crap from maps to MRE pieces.

Quote[/b] ]T-bird,please don't go with this model! From a distance it would look like a soldier with an exposed rib cage,or some type of new fangle tiger/zebra cammo!

A very good point. The textures in the game right now look MUCH MUCH better. The straps on the vest look like they are very worn out (light green color) and the rest of the model looks like he just walked out of the PX with new camo. Not a good combo.. I think you need me as an advisor smile_o.gif I was an 0311 for 8 years.

It isnt compatible unless you were to modify CSLA's config (which would require a load of work)

I prefered the model with the body armour, maybe its just because that vest underneath it looks wierd, I agree with Action Man on the "Rib cage" look.

It isnt compatible unless you were to modify CSLA's config (which would require a load of work)

I prefered the model with the body armour, maybe its just because that vest underneath it looks wierd, I agree with Action Man on the "Rib cage" look.

i just found that out oh well i'll live with it then

i ll just use ffur because as i already told ... me + ffur = inlove.gif

the new loadout armour is indeed looking like a exposed ribcage

if we had to chose between the latest two i would say gou with the armoured guys