Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

I noticed during mp games the death animations get messed up for both ai and the player. The ai will look dead but there dead body will move around shooting and its funny but very irritating. Also sometimes when the player dies he will be able to move for a lil bit then dies again. or he will die but still be standing like nothing happend.. didnt see this in the bug fixes, so i thought i would let you know about it TB. Thanks again for the wonderful mod.

I noticed during mp games the death animations get messed up for both ai and the player. The ai will look dead but there dead body will move around shooting and its funny but very irritating. Also sometimes when the player dies he will be able to move for a lil bit then dies again. or he will die but still be standing like nothing happend.. didnt see this in the bug fixes, so i thought i would let you know about it TB. Thanks again for the wonderful mod.

Yup i call it "dead can dance"  thumbs-up.gif  hmmm have you done anything with it?

Tarik, you are the MAN!!

Thanx a lot for your work on this mod.

This is one of the major sources of lag, especially during missions that simultaneously use various vehicles and aircrafts, the lag is maily caused by the 'Script' than by the debris, though.

Thanks for the nice words.

Regards

Thunderbird84

OK not a problem, everyone who really needs those effects can enable them back easily.

That's a pity about Franze's AH-64 sad_o.gif the heli REALLY ROCKS...perfect model, great vHUD and MFDs!!!! It just ROCKS! thumbs-up.gif ( [whispers] put it back, TB[/whispers] wink_o.gif )

I'll certainly put this lovely bird back for myself when the patch is out.

And the most important. There's one thing I spotted that really could cause a noticeable lag- it's MLOD models. Why don't you have them ODOL'ed?

I fully agree & 'd do the same wink_o.gif

hmm... i didnt see any posts of people asking for the shilka and vulcan... maybe missed something i like the new shilka that we currently have...

why is the normal FIA troop transport an open truck now? i like the ones we currently have better... then they look like a proffesional army smile_o.gif wich i am using in a mission of mine.

hope you consider not changing the normal troop transport

rest looks great!

greets, Prodetar2

Quote[/b] ]I would really like to see russian soldiers withoug the big rucksacks.

RD54 Rucksacks aren't that big and they are commonly used during infantry patrols. (and quite helpful when you are supposed to sleep outside under the stars).

Quote[/b] ]There's one thing I spotted that really could cause a noticeable lag- it's MLOD models. Why don't you have them ODOL'ed?

To avoid some problems that might sometimes happens during the binarization process.

Quote[/b] ]The ai will look dead but there dead body will move around shooting and its funny but very irritating

This should not happen with the last version because the new way the death animations have been implemented should not cause any issue online.

Quote[/b] ]i didnt see any posts of people asking for the shilka and vulcan

Check out the previous pages, and who said 'posts'? ;-)

Quote[/b] ]why is the normal FIA troop transport an open truck now?

And who said that the Res truck has been replaced by that one?

Wait'n see.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]I would really like to see russian soldiers withoug the big rucksacks.

RD54 Rucksacks aren't that big and they are commonly used during infantry patrols. (and quite helpful when you are supposed to sleep outside under the stars).

Yeah, that's a good reason, but maybe you can make both models, with and without rucksacks? That would be suberb.

I know the death animation was fixed, but honestly i never noticed it until this recent update. I dont know why im getting it.....

Im very interested about this ability to mount sights onto weapons, can you give us any more details? Will you be able to make use of the Reflex optic too? Any chance of an EoTech?

It is possible indeed to mount various sights on different weapons, the principle of the script is quite simple and very light because it simply replaces a model by another one (which is already preset in the config), and the animation used to 'mount/dismount' the wanted scope is especially chosen to hide the transition period.

More informations would be available soon.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

WOW notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

I salute you TB. Thats some serious shit right there. Love the Updates. you guys are the best. yay.gif  yay.gif. Can't wait to see it all play. I really like that mount/dismount script for weapons optics.

BTW TB. Who did the script for that optic mount/dismount. Was it you or someone else. Because I thought I seen it before.

Hi TB, good news yay.gif

But I recomendied insert in this pack ORCS Motorized Infantry and Military Recon v. 3.0 and Russian Weapons Pack v. 4.0. ( instead of RHS ) notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

sory my english banghead.gifORCS

Does the T-90 cause any lag for anyone else, i just played "Steel Punch" from the retalliation campaign and it lagged pretty badly?

Hi TB, good news yay.gif

But I recomendied insert in this pack ORCS Motorized Infantry and Military Recon v. 3.0 and Russian Weapons Pack v. 4.0. ( instead of RHS ) sory my english banghead.gifORCS

Marijus!

Do you really think that everyone here would approve such a replacement. Most people prefer RHS models for their more natural and less cartoonish look. But the major problem is the author's permission, as far as I know ORCS never gave TB one. (such a loss..why nobody regrets, ah?? rofl.gif)

BTW. Seems like you don't know Denorc good enough..he's a "hellish flamebaiter"(from his words) pistols.gifrofl.gif

Hi TB, good news yay.gif

But I recomendied insert in this pack ORCS Motorized Infantry and Military Recon v. 3.0 and Russian Weapons Pack v. 4.0. ( instead of RHS ) sory my english banghead.gifORCS

Marijus!

Do you really think that everyone here would approve such a replacement. Most people prefer RHS models for their more natural and less cartoonish look. But the major problem is the author's permission, as far as I know ORCS never gave TB one. (such a loss..why nobody regrets, ah?? rofl.gif)

BTW. Seems like you don't know Denorc good enough..he's a "hellish flamebaiter"(from his words) pistols.gifrofl.gif

Wait, there are some ORCS stuff in there already, amd FFUR used to use ORCS' KZM stuff so I dont know what youre talking about, which reminds me...are we going to see ORCS's new Makarov in the pack?

ch_123

I meant permission on their latest packs to be exact wink_o.gif.

Does the T-90 cause any lag for anyone else, i just played "Steel Punch" from the retalliation campaign and it lagged pretty badly?

Yeah this is cause by the high texture level on ORCS tanks. Can the FFUR team tone down the textures level on the Tanks. It would reduce lag.

pistols.gif

Who knew that Updates can looks so cool!

whistle.gif

Keep up the gret work mates! notworthy.gif

Thunderbird i may be able to fix you up with an unreleased animation pack of mine. Depends when the release is.

Anyway PM if you want more details.

Why did you guys replace the Apache with the lamo BIS remake one? Other than that,as usual FFUR is great,but seriously,why do does everyone keep goin back and forth between these two? Theres nothing really special about "MPIV" apache,hell it looks more like the modified cheek part was taken from the BOH mod and the texture would be Helifreaks retexture,not to mention its still a BIS remake and highly incorrect,I mean these guys go through the trouble to make a correct helicopter and it gets shunned.

No need for that,that model and the textures on it are absolete as compared to the newer one.

sorry for posting this pic in FFUR thread , but have you guys seen the new VME PLA mod injury animations ? that's freaking awesome ! it would be great if we could have something like that in FFUR inlove.gif

dibujogx4.jpg