Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

ok something about FFUR then smile_o.gif

when you look at the usa units you find a SFsoldier with mp5sd but in missions when you are SF you have the m4a1SD but that weapon makes to much noise alerting all soldiers in a town when you shoot one guard but the mp5 is very quiet and very useful to kill in silence

but it seems they are not an option to choose in the campaign or any mission except editor

so can someone please change those weapons?

its easyer to be quick silent and deadly with mp5sd

then with noisy m4a1SD

this has been raised several times, it is realistic but it breaks missions. Im sure you can modify the M4's settings so that the game treats it as if it were a true silenced gun; it just wouldnt be as realistic

in what way would it break missions?

its just a more quieter weapon and gives you more chance against these sniper troops in normal soldier outfit

man those normail privates keep owning me even when im high up on a mountain where i cant see them nor shoot them and they see me even when im lying down sad_o.gif

and that is realistic?

He meant that the M4 is realistic because even though it's silenced, you can still hear it 300m away. Which is realistic.

You can edit the config to change the m4 back to a HK from SJB weapon pack.

the orginal MP5SD is probablly the worlds quietist conventional weapon bar some of the soviet designs

I must correct you on one point The MP5SD is the most Silent and silent with a capitol S wink_o.gif

in what way would it break missions?

its just a more quieter weapon and gives you more chance against these sniper troops in normal soldier outfit

man those normail privates keep owning me even when im high up on a mountain where i cant see them nor shoot them and they see me even when im lying down sad_o.gif

and that is realistic?

I remember in the last version of FFUR, the M4-SD would alert AI enemies. This made it much harder to beat BlackOps missions which were designed around the absolutely stealthy (as far as the game was concerned, no gun can ever be 100% stealthy) MP5SD.

Quote[/b] ]but it seems they are not an option to choose in the campaign or any mission except editor

Well in FFUR 2006 the Uzi is replaced with the MP5SD, This would make it useles in pre resistance missions because the Uzi is aResistance Weapon. If You want the MP5 back just replace the HK values in the config with the Uzi one's. And vice versa. By Doing it this way, You can use weapons that are already in the pack w/o having to download another Weapon Pack.

I'd like to see the MP5SD with aimpoint back again, perhaps in a later version. Also, the US Military only uses MP5s with collapsing stock (like the SD3 or SD6)

May I ask if the Mine pack built into this mod was fixed/updated from the (SFM 2.0 PACK), that had alot of CTD bugs?

And if so ,could it be released separately? Can't seem to find the spetznaz mod anymore. sad_o.gif

Sorry if this seems offtopic.

Quote[/b] ]And if so ,could it be released separately? Can't seem to find the spetznaz mod anymore.

Sorry if this seems offtopic.

http://spetsnaz.ofpbase.com/ here is the spetz natz mod. Is there now better weapon than an MP5 to replace the UZI, what about a P-90 SD

What about adding Ukrainian soldiers to FFUR (in "almost" the same way as USA ACU camouflaged soldiers)?

What about adding Ukrainian soldiers to FFUR (in "almost" the same way as USA ACU camouflaged soldiers)?

They dont really fit in; theyre a different country and one must take into account the current political context of the Ukraine leaning towards the EU and NATO away from Russia.

Thanks Big-Rooney , they still use the old 2.0 mine pack there... guess I'm the only one that gets A CTD with that pack.

Thanks again

Is the server fix coming soon? I'm planning to have an dedicated server with FFUR 06.

As soon as TB has enough free time from the Army and other RL issues.

That would be wrong. What about adding a different type of Russian Soldier like airbourne. The US get ACU. So Russian should get airbourne or something else

Exactly. That would be OK!

Again bored of life and stupid ideas come to my poor head, like the last with Ukrainians help.gif

That would be wrong. What about adding a different type of Russian Soldier like airbourne. The US get ACU. So Russian should get airbourne or something else

I dont see how this would add to the game. The only reason why both ACU and BDU are included is because there was a long discussion months back as to which should be used, and Thunderbird decided that both should be included so you can use what you think is best. If you want VDV or whatever in FFUR, download them, I believe ORCS has some good VDV on ofp.info

Hi everyone,

After a long delay caused by several real life duties, I'm glad to inform you about the patch 2.5 that should be completely accomplished within a couple of days, and that would feature several enhancements:

[*]Bug Fixes:

-Fixed the 'Mission Editor Wizard'.

-Fixed the MP 'textures ratio' issue.

-Fixed the error message that happens online.

-Fixed the Bradley's Tow issue, now you can lower/raise the TOW launcher.

-Fixed the Speed meters of several vehicles and aircrafts.

-Fixed the smoke grenades models.

-Fixed the Res crews helmet.

-Fixed the Ka-52 'Eject Script' issue.

-Fixed the F-16 'Rkktankaway' message issue.

-Fixed the Shotgun cartridges (Now, they remain on the ground).

-Fixed the Hind's engine sound.

[*]Gameplay and Realism enhancements:

-Added the ability to mount (Aimpoints, Acogs) on M16,M4 and MP5 by the 'Menu' Action. (Online Compatible too).

-Major Upgrade of the US Army personnel models (Including Special Forces).

-Minor update of the Russian infantry & Gru models (New Body Armor).

-Update of the 'AI combat skills' and dispersion values increased a lot in order to make combat more immersive, tactical and authentic.

-100% Free-lag mod (undergone intensive tests), Now, with the ability to play huge battles -> Several useless scripts have been disabled to decrease the fps level during huge battles. (Jet Fighters crashes Fx, M203/GP-25/MM-1 Smoke Fx, Turrets blowing off Fx... etc)

-'Material Fx' enabled for all models textures.

-New and realistic blood splat Fx. (New light scripting way as well).

-New M16, M4, AK 74/47, PK sounds, directly inspired from Chammy's sound pack.

-Update of the Animations (Combo of 456820 and Sanctuary animations packs).

-New music selection list done by zGuba

-Wilco's ArmA Radio ending instead of BIS one.

-US light infantry will have the M4 (semi, and burst) and if they are mechanized, the M16A4 [Aimpoint]. (Cheers to Olemissrebel, our new military advisor).

-Included the RPK-74 to the russian infantry. (RHS Model).

-Added the US woodland Body Armor to 'Tank crews'.

-Only the AH-64D Longbow is available in the mission editor, the Apache (which is intended to replace BIS Cobra) would be available in game (Missions and campaigns that use the cobra), though.

[*]Model Changes and enhancements:

-Previous M1A1 replaced by an updated version of Sigma's M1A1.

-Franze's Apache/Longbow helicopters replaced by Marco-Polo's to reduce the lag during huge battles, due

to the amount of necessary scripts needed by Franze helicopters.

-Res Trucks/support trucks and cars replaced by CSLA S-1203 and Gaz-66/69.

-Rus Ambulance replaced by CSLA MTLB Ambu.

-Res BMP-1P replaced by a new version (CSLA).

-Shilka & Vulcan (Thanks to the REM/Combat mods for the vulcan model) are back again due to people's requests.

ussol.jpg

shilka.jpg

vulcan.jpg

s1203.jpg

NSV.jpg

M1A1.jpg

blood.jpg

RuSol.jpg

mtlb.jpg

apache.jpg

FiaAmb.jpg

Special thanks to all people behind these great addons and models, for their input and efforts on keeping Operation Flashpoint alive. (The list of credits would be updated ASAP)

And thank you once again for your support.

Stay tuned, wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Yeah man, translating now biggrin_o.gif

You're great, TB! notworthy.gif

-100% Free-lag mod (undergone intensive tests), Now, with the ability to play huge battles -> Several useless scripts have been disabled to decrease the fps level during huge battles. (Jet Fighters crashes Fx, M203/GP-25/MM-1 Smoke Fx, Turrets blowing off Fx... etc)

Hmmm... jet crashes were fine. Is there any way to make them exploding & dissappearing without lag  help.gif these wrecks rolling down the hill in original OFP are wearing me out.

TB, this is amazing ! finally a replacment for the AMbulance BMP, and FIA has a GAZ 66 ambuu, this is great TB !! Great job ! smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif this mod rocks !

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm... jet crashes were fine. Is there any way to make them exploding & dissappearing without lag help.gif these wrecks rolling down the hill in original OFP are wearing me out.

This is one of the major sources of lag, especially during missions that simultaneously use various vehicles and aircrafts, the lag is maily caused by the 'Script' than by the debris, though.

Thanks for the nice words.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm... jet crashes were fine. Is there any way to make them exploding & dissappearing without lag  help.gif  these wrecks rolling down the hill in original OFP are wearing me out.

This is one of the major sources of lag, especially during missions that simultaneously use various vehicles and aircrafts, the lag is maily caused by the 'Script' than by the debris, though.

Regards

Thunderbird84

So maybe no debris but one explosion and deletevehicle _plane  help.gif  it was one of the reasons for which I've downloaded FFUR 2.0

edit: misunderstanded - "maily" OK no problem then.

News published at OFP.pl, screens are uploading wink_o.gif

I would really like to see russian soldiers withoug the big rucksacks.

I have several videos where they don't wear such rucksacks, only their weapons and a few pouches with ammunition.

Storm on Grozny

http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=5721595518103156536

No soldier is wearing such a big rucksack, they only wear their "body armor", ammunition and the weapon.

OMG this looks so amazing  notworthy.gif

100% lag free  wow_o.gif

The screens look great too.

Cant wait looking really fabulous.

Edit - Also hopefully today GOL will re upload the ffur server as we soon will be getting the extra GB RAM.

Tarik, you are the MAN!!

Thanx a lot for your work on this mod.

Regards

Thunderbird84

OK not a problem, everyone who really needs those effects can enable them back easily.

That's a pity about Franze's AH-64 sad_o.gif the heli REALLY ROCKS...perfect model, great vHUD and MFDs!!!! It just ROCKS! thumbs-up.gif ( [whispers] put it back, TB[/whispers] wink_o.gif )

I'll certainly put this lovely bird back for myself when the patch is out.

And the most important. There's one thing I spotted that really could cause a noticeable lag- it's MLOD models. Why don't you have them ODOL'ed?