Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

I thought it was supposed to be a patch not a total reconversion of a mod again. Alots of things were already great with ffur2006 and 2.0. Why changing so much?

This can be easily done indeed, but the point is that 'Franze apache' wouldn't be 'Franze apache' without all of its MFDs and without the rest of scripted instruments, though.

Moreover, the weapons system is scripted too, and that cause a  certain lag in-game, especially during huge battles.

Regards

Thunderbird84

oh, of course, no disagreement there - essentially it then just becomes a prettier model.

Exactly. Worth reminding...  goodnight.gif

The TB

Like what I'm seeing but can we have some news on the other new aspects off FFUR 2006 2.5.

Could i just point out that the hind gunship's accuracy needs to be sorted out. An at6 should not be missing a stationary abrams.. the gun is pretty innacurate too crazy_o.gif appart from these factors its awesome

This can be easily done indeed, but the point is that 'Franze apache' wouldn't be 'Franze apache' without all of its MFDs and without the rest of scripted instruments, though.

Moreover, the weapons system is scripted too, and that cause a certain lag in-game, especially during huge battles.

Regards

Thunderbird84

oh, of course, no disagreement there - essentially it then just becomes a prettier model.

Exactly. Worth reminding... goodnight.gif

Your wrong,there is much more to it that no other apache has,for one it has better manueverability,better reaction time and speed and alot of other things. But so basicly you are saying they would be wasting their time comming out with an upgrade then?

2 meyamoti

Wrong..wrong what?

Seems like you didn't get zGuba's words right  smile_o.gif

We're just trying to tell TB not to take an excellent Franze's AH-64A/D out in exchange for some other...hm..crap  whistle.gif

Even a bare unscripted Franze's model looks waaayy better, while with those 'laggy' vHUD and MFDs it becomes simply unbeatable in quality(to tell you the truth I couldn't notice any lag in missions even with current heavy scripted vesion of FFUR's Apache+ my lil addition of WBE tracers wink_o.gif )

Since FFUR's most visible trademark is all the pretty eye candy replacement units I gotta say that MP's AH-64s look way better than Franze's AH-64s, that's all on the looks perspective. Just compare this:

Bottom most left picture

To this picture

First picture is Marco Polos one and second Franzes one, IMO MP's one looks way awsomer. A lot of work has been put into both, but MP's has a better texture.

@ CAHEK

Ooooh okay,I misread and got it all backwards,I thought he was trying to reason as to why to have MPIV's instead,my sincerest apolgoies.

And those images you used are not really correct,that one of Franze is the first release,its gone through alot of changes since then. Nod's provided me with an old image of the early texture on the new one,I probably shouldn't show it but unless he says otherwise..

As for MPIV's,that not even his texture,its from BOH and a person called Helifreak. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=5519

Thats my biggest thing,I don't really see anything in the package that somebody else hasn't done that MPIV has. Anyway for the more recent picture. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/546/earlyapachetexturemv9.jpg Please don't come to my house and hit me with a bat Nod ><

Okay Nod has told me specificly that he doesn't want me posting images of the old apache,he says there are too many model parts that have been changed along with the lighting,so yeah...If you want to see what it really looks like then you'll have to download it seperatly and use it,because that image is way old and OFP.info never fixed them. Its mostly the newer one that once out should replace all other Apache's,I doubt we will find another thats nearly as correct as it is,just have a look. http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/1362/ah64duf8.jpg I can't give anymore details out or Nod will have my head. Sorry if this causes some thread hijacking,I hope it doesn't.

Wow...I noticed after that image that the engines were small but I didn't think they were THAT small... Ah well,and I wouldn't get your hopes up meyamoti,progress is slow and it may be cancelled or just wait till AA I'v got the jeep and flying dutchman to worry about as well. I look for time to work on the apache but currently MPIV's has alot of people happy so thats what works for now.

@ Sep. 09 2006,13:35)]Since FFUR's most visible trademark is all the pretty eye candy replacement units I gotta say that MP's AH-64s look way better than Franze's AH-64s, that's all on the looks perspective. Just compare this:

Bottom most left picture

To this picture

First picture is Marco Polos one and second Franzes one, IMO MP's one looks way awsomer. A lot of work has been put into both, but MP's has a better texture.

That's not even the latest version of Franz's Apache (the one used in FFUR).

That's not even the latest version of Franz's Apache (the one used in FFUR).

And still it looks better than MP's one. If the old one has to go back in to make the game run properly, then so be it, but I think it would look better with Franze's model

The webbing is OK, but the gear is way too old school. I get the feeling you took those from a 1985 model, so unless those are 1985 units, that's a no go, I'm afraid. I'm sure olemissrebel will have something to say about that.  smile_o.gif

If necessary for you TB, I can get you a simplified variant of our AH-64A/D that isn't dependent on scripts. You'll lose a lot of features, but it might make everybody happy in this instance.

I thought it was supposed to be a patch not a total reconversion of a mod again. Alots of things were already great with ffur2006 and 2.0. Why changing so much?

If you've followed TB through his various mods you will know that it is impossible for him to simply make a patch without completely reworking the entire mod!  tounge2.gif  .... I just hope that no new bugs are introduced through this current reworking though!  biggrin_o.gif

It all looks and sounds great TB! I just hope that you will finalize it shortly so we can all give OFP one last blast before the ArmA demo comes out which could be anytime soon.  wink_o.gif

Hi everyone,

Due to the complaints about the last pics showing the US soldiers update, I decided to rework'em completely *once again* by basing myself on Codeblue's Infantry 3D models (Thanks to Dave8 for his kindness) and special thanks for the advices everyone. (public'n private ones).

[*]Realistic and detailed woodland camo pattern. (Thanks to STGN for the basic texture).

[*]Realistic human body and authentic equipment (Magazine pouches, grenades pouches, Body armor... etc).

[*]New hands models (Thanks to williec). /Some soldiers have gloves, some others don't have as well as some models have kneepads and some other don't have.

Final_us_sol3.jpg

Final_us_sol4.jpg

Final_us_sol2.jpg

Final_us_sol6.jpg

Final_us_sol5.jpg

Final_us_sol1.jpg

I hope this time, everyone would be satisfied with'em.

Quote[/b] ]If necessary for you TB, I can get you a simplified variant of our AH-64A/D that isn't dependent on scripts. You'll lose a lot of features, but it might make everybody happy in this instance.

Cheers, that would be really appreciated.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Looks bloody sweet to me biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

How about adding the wrinkles to the clothes again it makes textures look so much more better then ones that look flat.

Overall they look very very good.

Wow best US Infantry in BDU camo I've seen!!!  thumbs-up.gif

Only little thing I could complian about is the STGN textures, I find them not dark enough. But maybe it's just me.

OMFG! That is really great notworthy.gif

I think, add a Su-30 by SCAR will be good. That plane is awsome

Guest Ti0n3r

Way to go! That's stunning quality wow_o.gif

im not satisfied :P (ok, not completely true)

but what about th parachutes....

i dont like the square ones...

i´d rather have the old round ones since most parachuting i have seen in ofp is from less then 200m

and not very common to have squar chutes then :P

besides, pilots dont have square chutes...