Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

A couple of days ago, I have uploaded a couple of shots on my image's account with the hope to show'em to some people in order to get some impressions for further enhancements, well I think it would be better to share these pics with everyone in order to get everyone's opinion and feedback

US Army personnel models.

ffur_us_acu.jpg

ffur_us_acu2.jpg

ffur_us_acu3.jpg

ffur_us_acu4.jpg

ffur_us_acu6.jpg

ACU SF Operators. (US army green berets).

ffur_us_acusf.jpg

As you may notice above, the ACU models still use the woodland IBA model, and this has been done especially to somehow show the 'BDU -> ACU' transition period.

Once again, thanks to 'Codeblue' people for their permission to base our 'US models project' on their realistic and authentic human 3Ds and special thanks to CameronMcDonald for all of his advices and support, to Olemissrebel, our military advisor and finally, to TQP & Jonny for some parts of their models.

Regards

Thunderbird84

The Units are looking very good but my i didn´t changed my name yet tounge2.gif

Looking forward to see the next ffur patch  smile_o.gif

the canteens are way too low, they aren't attached to the molle gear in the pictures.  SF aren't part of the mechanized 1st Armored Division, and the flag and unit patch are facing the wrong way. and no, you wear knee-bows (knee and elbow pads) on the outside of the uniform, how the hell are you gonna pull them up when they slide down or go from side to side? however, there are velcro things where you can insert them. you could add grass stains as well as dirt, they get grass stains very easily, it washes out, but it would sitll be there on those soldiers, as ill bet they have more important things to do than wash their ACUs with CWC going on

Just in the eve of upcoming ARMORED ASSAULT, wonder whether such Mod still should be worked on...

would it not be better to have a poll on wot soldiers to use be so much easier

Why? Just give them a damned selection in the installation menu and leave it at that for gods sake.

Just in the eve of upcoming ARMORED ASSAULT, wonder whether such Mod still should be worked on...

Armored ~ Armed. Funny thumbs-up.gif

Well, I've noticed on GC ArmA trailer that their Mi-17/8 looks worse than Hip from OWP/NO (included in FFUR) whistle.gif

Yay nice units TB! But 2 things i don't like: the helmet on the last pic und the vest seems to be a little bit to short for me! ;P

I don't know how the combat gear is suposed to look like in real life [for US army that is] but this ACU units are great ! I might even consider to use them and not the BDU wink_o.gif

The fundamental mistake: the flag patch is turning the wrong way! mad_o.gif That way you have it, with the stars at the rear is the flag "retreating" from battle. the stars white/blue should be pointing to the front of the patch, to symbolise the flag going forward in battle.

Also, the number 1 on the other patch below the flag is apparently also reversed/mirrored.

Well, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong but I can't report enemy units with the binocular in FFUR v2.0, only when I use the sniper rifle optics I am able to report.Apart from FFUR v2.0 I have ECP 1.085 and WGL 5 installed, might these interfere with each other and thus causing my problem?(And no, I didn't combine them to be loaded at the same time wink_o.gif

Providing you dont run them at the same time like you said you didnt should be no problem.

TB, will u consider to remove those units names in the editor ? I mean it's like "Soldier (AK74)" and when u spot somebody it say "soldier" but it's written "soldier(ak74)" or for example I arm a black op with m249 and it still say "black op(m4 ACOG sd) [somtething like that]", that ruins the exprience :/

Glad to see that the new models are overall, quite satisfying, even if the ACU models still need a couple of minor modifications as Olemiss and Jahve mentioned (that would hopefully be carried out ASAP), thank you for the nice words and the support which is, as always, much appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]Well, I hope I'm not doing anything wrong but I can't report enemy units with the binocular in FFUR v2.0

This is probably caused by the binocular 2nd view which doesn't sound well centered in game, I will get a look at it as soon as time would permit.

Quote[/b] ]TB, will u consider to remove those units names in the editor ?

Indeed.

Quote[/b] ]Glad my textures are working out for you, Tarik. Lookin' nice.

I must admit that the ACU pattern was one of the hardest camo that I had to deal with thus far, due to the amount of needed adjustements to make it blend in with OFP greenfields, and you have certainly been the only one who have really figured out this issue by making the right color/contrast/brightness adjustements, thanks for the input.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

out of curiosity was that issue with animations for 3rd party (non FFUR) addons ever addressed?

the ones where on some crew/gunner positions of addons the player was sunken low and rotated 90 degrees left (i.e. the Mk 19 and M240B models of CBT HMMWVs)

You replied to my original inquiry about half-way through this thread but I couldn't determine if it was something you were willing/able to fix.

What about sound system? It worked badly in 2.0, even volume sliders in options menu were messed up  confused_o.gif  are You going to do anything with this?

And why Su-39 uses GAU-8 burst and not built into config TMD NR30  wink_o.gif that'll add some difference to assault jets.

Quote[/b] ]What about sound system? It worked badly in 2.0, even volume sliders in options menu were messed up confused_o.gif are You going to do anything with this?

This is probably the first complain I hear about such a sound "issue", I don't get it, though, what do you mean by "#sound system# ", being a little more accurate than that, might just be helpful.

Quote[/b] ]You replied to my original inquiry about half-way through this thread but I couldn't determine if it was something you were willing/able to fix.

The only way to fix this issue is to unpbo the concerned addon (the addon which is getting the animation issue):

-Open the config.cpp, /in some rare cases, it's a .bin, in the following case, unbinarize the config with Binview.

-Find the class of the 'concerned' addon in the cfgvehicles section.

-In this case, we will use BIS BMP ambulance as example, due to the fact it's derived from BIS BMP class, as you may notice below:

Quote[/b] ]class BMPAmbul : <span style='color:red'>BMP</span>

-Then we will get a look at the whole data of the BMP class between <span style='color:blue'>{</span> and <span style='color:blue'> };

class RussianTank : Tank</span>

and you should notice that there's none of these lines in class BMPAmbul :

driverAction=

gunnerAction=

commanderAction=

driverInAction=

gunnerInAction=

commanderInAction=

These lines are supposed to set the cargo animations of the driver, the gunner and the commander, which are already defined above in the "class CfgVehicleActions" and "class CfgMovesMC", so due to the fact that the BMPAmbul is derived from the class BMP, we will copy these lines from the class BMP and we will paste'em to the class BMPAmbul, and you should see :

Quote[/b] ]

class BMPAmbul : BMP

{

accuracy=1000;

vehicleClass="Support";

icon="Ambulance_move";

nameSound="ambulance";

picture="ibmp_abu";

scope=2;

displayName="$STR_DN_BMP_AMB";

attendant=1;

hasGunner=0;

transportSoldier=2;

class TransportMagazines

{

class _xx_AK74

{

magazine="AK74";

count="30*0";

};

class _xx_PK

{

magazine="PK";

count="5*0";

};

class _xx_HandGrenade

{

magazine="HandGrenade";

count="10*0";

};

class _xx_SVDDragunov

{

magazine="SVDDragunov";

count="10*0";

};

class _xx_RPGLauncher

{

magazine="RPGLauncher";

count="3*0";

};

class _xx_GrenadeLauncher

{

magazine="GrenadeLauncher";

count="3*0";

};

};

model="bmp_Ambu";

weapons[]={};

magazines[]={};

minGunTurn=-6;

type=0;

threat[]={0.000000,0.000000,0.000000};

driverAction=ManActBMPDriverOut;

gunnerAction=ManActBMPGunnerOut;

commanderAction=ManActBMPCommanderOut;

driverInAction=ManActBMPDriver;

gunnerInAction=ManActBMPGunner;

commanderInAction=ManActBMPCommander;

typicalCargo[]={};

cargoAction[]={ManActM113Medic,ManActM113Injured};

cargoIsCoDriver[]={0,0};

};

And finally create a .pbo from the concerned folder and overwrite the previous addon (make a backup first).

Following this way for the rest of addons, should work if everything is put where it should be.

Regards

Thunderbird84