Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Tb, just a question:

are those:

Final1.jpg

Supposed to be Ockly's [or okaleys] goggels ? becuase . .well . . I don't like them, maybe because they are not completed yet . .or something  confused_o.gif  confused_o.gif

exept for the goggels. awsome awsome BDU's ! smile_o.gif I like the soldier/meic models ! also the SF one [just without those strange goggeks], maybe a noraml gogels will be ok {like the on in Laser para rescue or something]

Quote[/b] ]I don't like them, maybe because they are not completed yet . .or something

I know they look unfinished because the helmet is on the straps, there are several ways to put your goggles on and soldiers are free to lower' em as they wish, though.

And these aren't 'oakleys', just a bunch of custom goggles, (unlike several armies, the US Army personnel is allowed to customize a part of the gear).

Cheers for the nice words though, I'm pleased you appreciate them, and thanks once again to all people that helped in any way to make it all possible.

smile_o.gif

regards,

Thunderbird84

they look great.. not to put anyone down or take a fit on me again but the hand is through the gun? or is that just your ainims???

nice work tb....they soldiers look absolutly great but my question is: Does FFUR2.5 comes before Armed Assault get released or after Armed Assault?

Why dont jou just fix the 2.0 Version. Just repeair the mp Problem and the other bugs and done. I know that you have not much time.

regards,

berliner19

Great Job. TB those units are the shit. The anticipation continues to grow. Great Job notworthy.gif

Man i saw some video of armed assault and in some way ffur is even better. Except the graphics and little details theres not much in armed compared to ffur. Anyway i believe the mod maker will have to start a completely new mod for arma because the current ones won't work with it?

Man i saw some video of armed assault and in some way ffur is even better. Except the graphics and little details theres not much in armed compared to ffur. Anyway i believe the mod maker will have to start a completely new mod for arma because the current ones won't work with it?

Yep, but all the units have to be made first lol

they look great.. not to put anyone down or take a fit on me again but the hand is through the gun? or is that just your ainims???

The anims are fine with 99% of the addons and BIS units around.

This problem can be caused by one of the 2 following possibilities :

-the soldier model in the screenshot have longer arms than 99% of the other addons, to check if it is the case, give this soldier another weapon model.

-the weapon model can placed very low, lower than 99% of the addon weapons in Oxygen, to check if it is the case, give this weapon to another soldier model.

The anims are fine with 99% of the addons and BIS units around.

This problem can be caused by one of the 2 following possibilities :

-the soldier model in the screenshot have longer arms than 99% of the other addons, to check if it is the case, give this soldier another weapon model.

-the weapon model can placed very low, lower than 99% of the addon weapons in Oxygen, to check if it is the case, give this weapon to another soldier model.

As the person responsible for the models visible in the shots shown so far (the M16A4 and M4A1 rifles) I can say its definately NOT point 2. I positioned the M4A1 models etc in line with those of the BIS XM177E2 (M4) model, so the animations should fit it fine. It could possibly also be an issue with the position of the proxy in the models, not necessarily elongated arms - Its more liekly the longer arms or incorrect hand positioning/rotation though.

Good to hear you have not touched anything in the weapons position, as i have not noticed this problem with your previous weapons pack when testing several addons for the last pack i did, i thought the newer versions you have present in this mod were modified.

So that's the soldier.

Is this soldier model more or less based on the alpha version of the Code Blue units ?

These units have longer/different arms/forearms, that was the only model i encountered with such problem so far.

Quote[/b] ]I don't like them, maybe because they are not completed yet . .or something

I know they look unfinished because the helmet is on the straps, there are several ways to put your goggles on and soldiers are free to lower' em as they wish, though.

And these aren't 'oakleys', just a bunch of custom goggles, (unlike several armies, the US Army personnel is allowed to customize a part of the gear).

Cheers for the nice words though, I'm pleased you appreciate them, and thanks once again to all people that helped in any way to make it all possible.

smile_o.gif

regards,

Thunderbird84

The goggles are Sun, Wind and Dust goggles given to each US and Canadian Soldier. They are not oakleys and they are customizable (well the lense is), the ones that THunderbird has on the ACU and BDU SF has the black tinted lense in place of the clear regular ones. You just might want to darken the lenses a bit (it could be just the photo). I'm sure Olemissrebel has a pair but if you need a reference picture I can provide you one of my set of goggles.

Asking how would I know this information? I was issued a pair last week because the QM was out of Tac Glasses.

The new USGI Goggles I believe are from ESS (Land Version - I think). I'm sure you could ask olemissrebel about that seeing as how he's actually in the US Army.

While I've been eagerly awaiting the 'final' cut of FFUR, I see one nagging problem.

The lack of the MP Config is going to push back even further any resulting final version of FFUR after all this great work, TBird.

Why? Because, even once you complete all of these model modifications and retexturing you're still going to have to MP it so that its useable finally in MP play. Which is the whole point to FFUR in the first place.

When that MP Config is released, there will most likely be things that we in the community re-debug at that stage.

Since, it seems, most of the current work is on modeling and retexturing, why cannot a MP Config be released to at least let us help to re-debug that aspect of this TC Mod as you complete the various base units as well?

I am very much looking forward to this TC Mod. Make no mistake of that.

You've done exceptional work for our Community for OFP. No doubt.

I would very much like to experience your efforts first-hand ingame MP play however. crazy_o.gif

Wook [iDGN]

hoorah, as you'd say... most of them are ESS, it just really depends on what unit you are in, certain companies can order whatever they like, i've had ESS, etc. they also issue anything from wiley X, ess, oakley sunglasses, etc.  it all just depends

I would very much like to experience your efforts first-hand ingame MP play however.  crazy_o.gif

Totally agree

When I start any multiplayer game, I get the message:

No entry 'resource.cpp/RscDisplayServerGetReady.TitleTop'

and the space where the map would be is solid grey. No preplanning possible. When I click Start Game, everything returns to normal.

I don't see what all the hooplah is about a MP Config.

KaoS has been adding FFUR compatible MP missions to our server for months. Load up FFUR and take a look.

There's some FX however, that do not work or are only client side in the mod, but the fun factor is definitly there. pistols.gif

I don't see what all the hooplah is about a MP Config.

KaoS has been adding FFUR compatible MP missions to our server for months. Load up FFUR and take a look.

There's some FX however, that do not work or are only client side in the mod, but the fun factor is definitly there. pistols.gif

I think the main issue is not being able to see the freakin' map when you play MP, at least at the Briefing phase anyway. I don't care how FFUR-MP compatible the missions are, I doubt they fix that.

Blazen, perhaps your group has had more success than most others MPwise.

The problem is, FFUR is intended to work materially as a Total Conversion for OFP. This means replacing all stock units and allowing full MP play in any single mission or campaigns that were written for plain-Jane OFP. Which it does not.

The issue is that the many scripting functions added to addons and the base FFUR Config cause lag and excessive repititious crashing in mostly MP games. This happens even in cases where the server and all clients connecting are using FFUR.

My assumption is you're experiencing the same problems. I've yet to see your server or any other go FFUR Dedicated.

I'm sure that this is part of the problem.

MP configs or perhaps MP Addon adjustments, Addon scripting stripping, are necessary to complete this TC for OFP called FFUR.

Wook [iDGN]