Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Finally asked guy who was in army  tounge2.gif

I'll change my opinion about hitting soldiers up to 500 meters... My dad has had duty in Polish Army artillery unit in 1960's and he said that it's no problem to hit standing soldier as far as 400-500 meters by AK-47 / Degtarev (he was team leader and he was trained to use both AK & RPD) with 8 rounds (3 x burst) and 50% accuracy is normal. So I think that AI should have the same statistics - easy to shoot standing target at the same level with second/third round, but worse when shooting far moving/lying targets.

edit: Of course, bullets fall with 10 m/s^2 acceleration... in real life aiming is more difficult than in OFP. Why don't do this?

no offense, but your dad has no fucking idea what he's talking about.   there is no way youre going to hit a guy standing at 500 meters, EVEN IF HE IS STANDING PERFECTLY STILL, during combat, with an ak47.  in real combat, youll be lucky to hit someone at 100 meters youre so excited and jumpy. I do totally agree that the AI in OFP in general, and this mod as well are way, way too accurate. Sure a snipe rshould be able to nail you at a few hundred yards, but not an average soldier with bullets being slung his way. It's hard enough to qualify expert for some people on the range, much less hit a tiny target whilst being shot at.

With the current AI, the last grunt fight`s like the best elite soldier. That should, if not must, be changed.

My dad knows what is he saying about more than you  pistols.gif  First - he fired AK and RPD at immobile camouflaged human profiles in variable poses from something about 400 - 500 meters in small wind, small humidity and cold conditions - it happened only three times during his duty. When wind was stronger (as usually), soldiers trained firing at lower distances (100-200 meters). Second - his team has to use AK in basic artilerry training (instead of expensive cannon bullets) - shooting to moving fake tanks, below 600 meters - it is accurate enough in single shots (cold barrel!wink_o.gif. One question - have you ever fired AK rifle? Don't think so.  nener.gif

imo because of the real life gravity i don't think a bullet will fly straight for 500m? And in the game while moving from left and right they can still do 1 shot 1 kill.

Hi,

My apologies for the long absence and lack of posts here, I'm actually busy with several real life duties, but concerning 'OFP' and as previously mentioned, the patch should be accomplished within a couple of weeks and would figure out the *'AI Accuracy issue' as well as it would feature and enhance several aspects of the mod. (As usual, some of them would still be secret until the release ;-) ).

*The firearms accuracy would be more authentic and more realistic due to the increase of the dispersion values

defined especially in order to simulate 'The real situation' of a soldier in combat that is supposed being affected by various external elements (the unbearable stress caused by the strugge will to survive, physical and mental tiredness, the nature of the field or the weather...), several people actually think that aiming at the target and pressing the trigger are just enough to make a good "shot" aimed to take out the enemy, but as olemissrebel reported, it is very hard to hit anything during a combat, almost all of the shootings (if they're aimed on the enemy's position) are random.

Anyways, special thanks everyone for helping us by providing accurate answers and solutions to people's common questions and problems, and thank you for your patience.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

@zGuba

What kinda AK was you father equiped with? taking into acount bullet drop, standard AK ammo, AK sights and the bad balance of the weapon repeatably hitting a man 500 meters away is highly unlikely. A M16A2 is only rated to be able to hit with every second round at that range. And here we are talking about a strait shootingrange.

@thunderbird

About accuracy i don't know if its allready like this but why don't you find the "official" effective range of the weapons, as fare as I understand is where you can hit a standing taget with every second round. And then you can increas the dispersion for the AI only if you want too also.

STGN

zguba, dont you dare tell me your dad knows more than i do.  i've been to combat already for over a year, and was shot at, and returned fire nearly every single day.  what do i have to show for it? not much, a combat infantrymans badge, and jumpy nerves. i'm telling you, combat is a lot different than a rifle range.  I can tell  you this much, its hard as hell for me to hit a 500m target everytime with aimpoint, or iron sights, just because its so damn far away ...its very hard to see. i generally qualify expert with 38-40 out of 40 every time  I qualify.  i'd shoot way lower thn that if we had to hit things that far, it's hard enough just to see and hit a 300 meter pop up target, much less some jackass runnng around wildly firing shots at 500 meters in real life. you'll be lucky to see him, much less hit anywhere near him.  as far as your dad hitting anything at 500m with an AK, i'd like to meet him and shake his hand, as that's pretty impossible, at least with any AK i've ever fired in weapons fam. i guarantee you if you put your old man in the prone supported position with any member of the ak family, and me standing at 500 with an m4acog, we stand the same change of hitting one another...almost none smile_o.gif

Not to make a damn war here since there's already enough in real life but im on olemissrebel's side on this one. I myself have someone in my family who is in the army for about 30 years. I think he knows more than a kid who has never got in the army period. I'll ask him myself. Thats not all if you put en ai in the lowest skill in the game they are still too good so there is a problem. If anyone in real life was that good to shoot it wouldn't take much time to finnish a damn war.

Google, search OFP cpp2bin. When you open it, it should be a multicolor rainbow gradiant thingy window.

My config is pretty heavily modified, so yeah.

Thx D-scythe i found the cpp2bin file.

Damn,  i changed the aiDispersionCoefX and   aiDispersionCoefY from the class riffle:gun to 20 and they still do 1 shot 1 hit at 200m+

banghead.gif

Looking forward to the patch Thunderbird.

Something to better represent the chaos of battle will hopefully put an end to these pages of conjecture.

Damn,  i changed the aiDispersionCoefX and   aiDispersionCoefY from the class riffle:gun to 20 and they still do 1 shot 1 hit at 200m+

banghead.gif

You remind me of that Pancho with his "unsolvable" fov problem, man  rofl.gif  no offence.

You've changed aiDispersionCoef for one weapon class only.. so what are you expecting to happen?

Look here!

class CfgWeapons

{

class Default

{

aiDispersionCoefX=1.0; //should be ~4.0

aiDispersionCoefY=1.0; //should be ~1.5

}

BTW, all machineguns don't have aiDispersionCoefY coeffs set.. therefore they inherit these coefficients from default class(that's why they still remain so deadly even after your changes to config).

G.L.!

zguba, dont you dare tell me your dad knows more than i do.  i've been to combat already for over a year, and was shot at, and returned fire nearly every single day.  what do i have to show for it? not much, a combat infantrymans badge, and jumpy nerves. i'm telling you, combat is a lot different than a rifle range.  I can tell  you this much, its hard as hell for me to hit a 500m target everytime with aimpoint, or iron sights, just because its so damn far away ...its very hard to see. i generally qualify expert with 38-40 out of 40 every time  I qualify.  i'd shoot way lower thn that if we had to hit things that far, it's hard enough just to see and hit a 300 meter pop up target, much less some jackass runnng around wildly firing shots at 500 meters in real life. you'll be lucky to see him, much less hit anywhere near him.  as far as your dad hitting anything at 500m with an AK, i'd like to meet him and shake his hand, as that's pretty impossible, at least with any AK i've ever fired in weapons fam.  i guarantee you if you put your old man in the prone supported position with any member of the ak family, and me standing at 500 with an m4acog, we stand the same change of hitting one another...almost none smile_o.gif

OK returning honors  notworthy.gif  I was after an bad day and didn't took a look at some facts.

First - AK's kickback in short bursts is not so difficult to fight up for good trained ad strong soldiers, no matter it's not balanced as M16. Think about what would Russian soldier do with M16 ^^

Second - AK47 bullets are much heavier than AK74 & M16 ones. So they have less harm from external conditions (exactly the same way as Mosin Nagant muzzle is more accurrate). AK47 barrel is heating quicker so if you fire all 30 rounds at once, the last ones will fall close to you on the ground.

Third - my dad & his colleagues were trained for AK shooting for 10 months, and most of them were good shooters. No mean of sniping - they knew exactly how far the target is, and had their very own rifles so they could shoot the best they could. Some soldiers didn't saw the targets  crazy_o.gif

Anyway, shooting accurate over 200-300 meters is very rare in battlefield - and it was extremely unusual that they shot profiles from that high distance. It happened only few times, as the weather was good.

And the last - if my dad is not mistaken, his rifle has good aiming instruments - he could aim at 500 meters precisely, maybe because it was produced in Poland  wink_o.gif

Sorry for my inaccurate thinking last day ^^

edit: all my family has sharp eyes wink_o.gif

edit2: old AK has weaker kickback than AKM... maybe there's a problem?

You remind me of that Pancho with his "unsolvable" fov problem, man  rofl.gif  no offence.

You've changed aiDispersionCoef for one weapon class only.. so what are you expecting to happen?

Look here!

class CfgWeapons

{

class Default

{

}

BTW, all machineguns don't have aiDispersionCoefY coeffs set.. therefore they inherit these coefficients from default class(that's why they still remain so deadly even after your changes to config).

G.L.!

lol ya poor pancho. The fov didn't bug me much but that ai sniping gives me nightmare. hehe Thx i will change the value.

banghead.gif

Look here!

class CfgWeapons

{

class Default

{

}

G.L.!

LOL!!!! hey, mate, I got it fixed already... rofl.gif

Hey guys,

A mate of mine is trying to set up a dedicated server with FFUR and gets a "texture aspect ratio 512x32" error message.

Any help here would be fantastic, really hoping to get this server up.

That will be fixed with the patch thats coming in a few weeks.

I hope that then some FFUR 2006 2.X servers will grow up ^^ currently there are no public servers with 2.0.

I've recently updated my FFUR config. Difference is slight but seenable. Unbinarised version avaiable now too. Try it and tell me if playability increased/decreased.

Binarised version

Unbinarised version

there is the GOL server and SWAF server, both public servers that fun FFUR 2006, just filter them in the multiplayer section of ofp.

I hope that then some FFUR 2006 2.X servers will grow up ^^ currently there are no public servers with 2.0.

I've recently updated my FFUR config. Difference is slight but seenable. Unbinarised version avaiable now too. Try it and tell me if playability increased/decreased.

Binarised version

Unbinarised version

What changes did you did huh.gif

For mine i just changed the FOV and the AIdispersionX;Y

I think i'll make a config myself with others soldiers or something else...

Indicators (for example Flanker's RPM), some units descriptions and AIDispersionCoeff. No sniping with bully AKM at all. In one previous post I've published that list of changes. It's so similar than the old one, but some new indicators were enabled/fixed wink_o.gif I'm mad indicatorfixer. 5 years with flight simulations made me that.

There's some weird issue with A10 internal compass, do anyone know how to fix that?

if you wanna tell people about that, do it somewhere else. although it's related to FFUR, it is in no way supported by the team itself, unless i'm sadly mistaken, so please refrain from posting about it in the FFUR 2.0 thread.

Is this normal i changed for fun the aiDispersionCoefX=1.0; //should be ~4.0

in the class cfgweapons default to 25 just for fun and they do 1 shot or 2 shot kill from 200m lol

if you wanna tell people about that, do it somewhere else. although it's related to FFUR, it is in no way supported by the team itself, unless i'm sadly mistaken, so please refrain from posting about it in the FFUR 2.0 thread.

OK I made that just because I wanted these fixed indicators to be in incoming FFUR patch and let some players comparing original and modified config. No more spamming  thumbs-up.gif

edit: I have an idea - FFUR special version for dedicated servers, with low resolution & "server friendly" textures...