Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR 2006 2.0 Total conversion pack

Hi all,

After several hours of work, 'glad to show you the updated version of the "US Army personnel" models that would be included with the next incoming patch.

[*]Enhanced BDU and ACU camos.

[*]New magazines pouches, radio kits, PASGT and MICH Helmets.

[*]New Camelback and canteens.

New Woodland SF models (Green Berets).

bdusffkj5.jpgBDU_sf_b.jpg

New ACU SF (Green Berets)./Regular infantry (Mechanized) models.

ACU_sf_f.jpgACU_sf_b.jpg

A little update of the 'GRU Sptesnatz units' and the same goes to 'Mothorized Infantry riflemen' as well.

[*]New Body Armor (VSR).

Spetz_sf_f.jpgRu_sol.jpg

I hope you would appreciate'em.

Special thanks to the following people for their kindness and for allowing us to edit or use some parts of their nice work:

-CameronMcDonald for his awesome ACU camo, kneepads... etc

-STGN for his nice'n basic camo BDU texture.

-TQP for his great Camelbacks'n body armor models.

-Shadow Nx for his very nice 'GRU units'.

and finally, to 'Olemissrebel' for all of the informations provided thus far.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

That's looks really really nice, can't wait or the patch! But one thing concerning the flags on the bodyarmour. Shouldn't they be flipped (so the stars on the "blue" ground are on the left side)?

Guest Ti0n3r
That's looks really really nice, can't wait or the patch! But one thing concerning the flags on the bodyarmour. Shouldn't they be flipped (so the stars on the "blue" ground are on the left side)?

Nah, that's actually the way it's supposed to look smile_o.gif

ermmm . .TB I have a suggestion about the Spetsnaz units.

As far as I know, the PSO-1 Scope suposed to magnifay, and in FFUR it dosn't [for obviouse reasons of course].

I was thinking, maybe instead of the AKS-74 PSO1 with silencer you will put an AK74m with cobra or AK74SU with silencer+ cobra, that are in the Suchoys marine pack {something like that} . .

or put an Silenced AKM from RHS weapon pack.

Looking great TB.I really like the new Woodland SF models. wink_o.gif

i think the most important thing is to fixe the "invalid texture aspect

ratio" with dedicated server...

my missions (on tonalh island) are too heavy and scripted for well run on playing host... i can' play them !!

FFUR2006 is the best "mod integration" ever, but this problem make it

neary unusable for me personally ..

go work ffur ! go work ! :P

@stisoas-yeah,playing on multiplayer is too heavy,enemy is all but not weak at any time.They are unnatural precise (if one bullet dont take u down ,the second will),they have to much calm hands when they sprint and hold to shoot,doh u cant even surprise them at way u want-they are always prepared....

example:i was laying down,and bastard was runing-and he even didnt turn himself to see where i  was,and i was dead-only one bullet,he was standing ....wtf?? ..and other situations like that.....

But when it comes to technicaly-ffur 2006 v2 is the most beautiful,bug-free,hardware friendly mod ever...  wink_o.gif

So I still play WOODLAND with my friends-because its the most realistic mod from ffur....even its not technicaly perfect(i have some little bugs ),but  it doesnt metter because its perfect for me.... notworthy.gif

I agree with mp_phonix that if the PSO-1 is not going to get a magnification, that a cobra would be better, but I know that is probably too tall of an order.  It is probably just easier to add the proper magnification (4x like the ACOG on US SF) or just leave it as is. The M4 scoped really should have some magnification as well.  Funny because it had magnification and was able to zoom in FFUR 2006 1.0.

The new models look amazing.  Personally I would have kept the US SF with a MICH helmet and not the boonie hats, but it's your mod, do as you like.  

The main reason I wanted to make this post is to find out if FFUR was able to squash that bug that occurs when you are an ACU unit inside of a vehicle.  The camera shows the ACU helmet, chin strap, part of the face, and the goggles sometimes.  It obstructs your view and ruins immersion.  It is the only bug that I find annoying.  If you reference page 9 and look at Bobor_SK's post you can see what I mean.

Anyways I can't wait for the next release.  Thanks for keeping us updated TB, we really appreciate it.

Flags by regulation are reverse style on the right sleeve, about 1/2 an inch down from the seam and centered if you want to get specific wink_o.gif EDIT: might be 1/4 of an inch..I forget...

It looks like they changed that with the new ACU though.

I agree with mp_phonix that if the PSO-1 is not going to get a magnification, that a cobra would be better, but I know that is probably too tall of an order.  It is probably just easier to add the proper magnification (4x like the ACOG on US SF) or just leave it as is. The M4 scoped really should have some magnification as well.  Funny because it had magnification and was able to zoom in FFUR 2006 1.0.

Well you see I suggested it for 2 reasons:

1.) Visualy in the game, the PSO1 Is a big ass scope ! I mean when you just look at it you think "wow ! a sniper scope" but when you pick up the rifle it dosnt mganifay anything [i hope I spelled it right].

2.)It causes problem with the animation pack, I mean - because it is long it looks like the scope it stuck in the head of the one who is holding the rifle :

untitled2sf8.jpg

^  Thanks for the info ebns72.  Yeah I edited my post because I could not find out for sure what the regulations were.  Don't want any falsehoods flying around.  All of the pics that I was finding were like you described with the flag on the right sleve.  I couldn't find any more of a flag on the body armor that were recent.  FFUR has olemissrebel now, so they have plenty of firsthand knowledge.

hi , i found something strange here, sp mission "ninjas" , the espec op takes the rpg launcher from a russian but it is invisible , although you can fire with it, anyone else happen this?

dibujopd7.jpg

Please stop griping about the FOV, when it's ready to be released I'll take the two seconds it takes, and make a config that has the OLD fov, and perhaps he'll include it, if not, it's been stated many times (that is, how to change it)

hey can someone please tell me what track 12 is on this mod, it goes for around 7 mins i think unless the song has been changed in this version. its orchestral though . can someone please tell me what it is

im having a very annoying problem.. in the campaigns, spmission, editor.. i dont have the notebook with your orders on it how do i solve it?

Lol my "solution" for KLR 250 clock makes it even worse ^^ reversed=1 makes closck reversed downwards confused_o.gif

but my change of Hind's clocks is OK yay.gif

One thing - Mi-24 gun fires 30 cm under barrel rofl.gif

And I really think that you should .pac-ize models & textures. banghead.gif

And I really think that you should .pac-ize models & textures.  banghead.gif

How would .pac help? huh.gif

im having a very annoying problem.. in the campaigns, spmission, editor.. i dont have the notebook with your orders on it how do i solve it?

I have the same problem. Even if i don't run FFUR 2006 2.0 my note book has disappeared. How can we get it back?

It'll improve FPS due to less memory usage. OFP loads .paa files with 8 alpha bits, when .pac 1 (is/isn't) - it's most important on untransparent vehicles textures - like ICP tanks - they have 2048x2048 untransparent external texture. And it's currently named .paa crazy_o.gif to change this, it's needed to edit unbinarized .p3d to change texture path.

Great Update TB. Love the BDU and the use of those ACU textures from CMcD's ACI infantry is superb. The Russian troops look good also. Prefered original RHS ones. Can't wait for patch. Great work, once more.

Please stop griping about the FOV, when it's ready to be released I'll take the two seconds it takes, and make a config that has the OLD fov, and perhaps he'll include it, if not, it's been stated many times (that is, how to change it)

Heres a FOV fixed bin folder for those who aren't comfortable with using the 3rd party utilities for what ever reason.I for one understand and sympathize with them, as you have to be a veteran in flashpoint in order to understand alot of "how to's " in editing...and its mind boggleing.All you have to do is swap the bin folders in your ffur install.If your worried about it, just make a copy of the original ffur bin folder in case you mess up.link below...

Now how simple was that???Rather than rantin n' raven about the bitchin.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....45ED7AD

whistle.gif