Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

Well the tactic wasn't too flawed, but the high line part was, they should have held a deeper offside line. But the stats probably show more posession, more shots? At worst they did Africa very proud, one wonders what difference Essien would have made.

Ghana don't deserve to be 2-0 down, I'd be cheering for them but I'm not allowed (Brazilian fiancée)  notworthy.gif

now that's a serious problem wow_o.gif a woman telling you how to watch football rofl.gif

Well she cheers for England whenever they're playing so it's not so bad, a Brazil v England semi could make for an interesting house though wink_o.gif

fiancee: placebo, you WILL wear yellow and green!

Placebo: not in my bloddy life!

*fiancee drags placebo by ears and kicks his ass to sofa.

rofl.gifwhistle.gif

Henry, you do Rivaldo proud mad_o.gif

Two-faced, hypocritical git, ESPECIALLY after his whining after the CL finale. icon_rolleyes.gif

Spain lacked bite until Garcia and Joaquin came on, and probably would have gone out regardless (sure looked that way), but Henry is the match loser for me in this one.

The WC started off so nicely too, the Italians and the entire 2nd round ruined it though mad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Go France Go!

Congratulations Zidane, Riberry and all others! Well done folks!

Time comes to make brazilians remember 1998...

biggrin_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Nice match, there were some good actions from the french and spanish.

Overall it is a deserved victory for France versus a good Spain team.

It seems french play better when the opposition is better, they sure know how to force a heart attack on me biggrin_o.gif.

Oh, and while i am sorry for the good spain players, i can only say :

take that in your face Aragones smile_o.gif

Argh, again to home....like every 4 years.... banghead.gif

Anyway, congratulations france, nice match

"How do you say 'cheating' in French?"

Take that Aragones !

Nice game, we can be proud, les bleus at least redeemed themselves after the 2002 fiasco. Whatever happens now, I'll be fine with it. It would be nice to do a remake of the 1998 finals for the quarters against brazil, but the thing is that we don't have anything to loose anymore and that a defeat against brazil would be quite honorable.

No no no, not Spain too! What's happening with this championship?

Spain was, well, unrecognizable, they hadn't had any good individiual, and Torres was just awful. And they also played on those f***ing offsides!

I congratulate France, now is on them to give a 'sound trashing' to those puffed up brasilians tounge2.gif . And until now I've looked on Henry as a quality player and sportsman, from now on I'm looking on him only as a bad person (Ex-RoNiN, you also stealed my thouths about the other things wink_o.gif ).

I grant that goal to Zidane. He deserved it, as he deserves a adequate end of his great career. smile_o.gif

We could ask ask it in spanish too to make a nice billingual dictionnary including aragones' racial slurs too. I saw a quite a few fouls from the spaniards, and IMHO they did more than the french.

Cheating is said "tricher"(verb) or "tricherie"(noun) in french (pronounce tr-ee-sh-ay or tr-ee-sh-a-r-ee).

We could ask ask it in spanish too to make a nice billingual dictionnary including aragones' racial slurs too. I saw a quite a few fouls from the spaniards, and IMHO they did more than the french.

Cheating is said "tricher"(verb) or "tricherie"(noun) in french (pronounce tr-ee-sh-ay or tr-ee-sh-a-r-ee).

You're not getting the reference....

Lesson 1 : Never, never speak of old men about being too old Fran%E7ais02.gif

France13.gif FRANCE 3  - SPAIN 1 Inclassable53.gif

What else ? Fran%E7ais03.gif

I wonder what’s the point of all this when refereeing can have such an impact on the outcome of a match. I know it’s always been like this but it just makes one loose faith in this kind of events...

Oh well, can only congratulate both teams for the nice match they offered.

Lesson 1 : Never, never speak of old men about being too old Fran%E7ais02.gif

France13.gif FRANCE 3  - SPAIN 1 Inclassable53.gif

What else ? Fran%E7ais03.gif

I unerstand you frenchmen, but you should be avared, that despite you've played let's say ok you've just 'seized the moment' e.g. couth the spains playing well under their level. If you knock out Brasil, then I'll give you a credit (please, do me that favor smile_o.gif ).

And when the man is old then the man is old, even if he 'scores'; every old man once had to 'score' for the last time tounge2.gif  ...

And, nice design, dude!

That match was brilliant. I was hoping spain would win but france came out the better side thanks to zidane again with his great crosses and some good skill on the ball to finish the game off. Brasil next is it.

It really is about time that FIFA dragged themselves out of the stone age and started using video referees or at the very least used match videos to take retrospective action against players found to have been diving or simulating injury. It would soon stop all the cheating and the complaining about refereeing decisions, the game would be much better for it.

Still, it wasn't a bad game and France did deserve to win.

3 lousy group matches and 1 match against Spain that was playing far under their level (compared to the group matches) and it's Vive La France again......right help.gif

"It really is about time that FIFA dragged themselves out of the stone age and started using video referees or at the very least used match videos to take retrospective action against players found to have been diving or simulating injury."

Won't happen, since that will give smaller teams the opportunity to challenge those unfairly given penalties, red cards and free kicks in convenient places that FIFA uses to keep it's commercially most interesting contenders inside the tournament for as long as possible.

Too bad Henry did THIS sad_o.gif

I would say payement time for Aragones, but that's no excuse.

And, if you didn't see that much Spain offense, ask Sagnol why. He just performed an outstanding match, and I'm way under reality notworthy.gif

Lovely seeing Zidane score, I reckon he's my second favourite footballer. May not be the greatest, but he has the most kickass hairdo, or should I say lack of hairdo? tounge2.gif

omg what the hell was the free kick for??? yet another ref that is at his best looking at the world from the FRONT SIGHT side of my rifle pistols.gifgoodnight.gif

there's only one thing we need: an earpiece for the ref which is connected to the SIXTH official who sees the action in slow mo right after the crime took place (Henry DID deserve a card for that dive which resulted in a scoring free kick). imo that's no way to decide the winner tho Spain really put lots of effort in losing that match and succeeded... again.

Quote[/b] ]Argh, again to home....like every 4 years....  

Anyway, congratulations france, nice match

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Thanks for your fairplay which isn't that widespread in this world cup. We frenchmen like the spanish team - even with its controversial trainer...

And "France - Brazil" brings us 8 years ago....

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

The second goal of France was really undeserved! Damn actors, how could someone be proud on that! The whole world now knows that some players play unfair to win, because they arent good enough! sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif