Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

And that's the point - he had a realistic chance on getting the

ball - he was just going to pass Puyol left around.

There was no THEORY that Henry could get that ball or to pass Puyol left(or right) around; the dude is one of the best defenders, you know, and he's not maded from the fog for Henry to go thru him. And don't even think about that Henry is so much faster than Puyol. wink_o.gif And I think we can all agree that there was a bit of shameless acting.

*edit* And how that the line referee didn't see that acting; it was fairly close to the out line. Maybe he saw it's Henry that acting, and the line ref goes like  whistle.gif ?

Henry wise; I just can't comprehend how he can score so many goals, because he's so predictable attacker; 90% of his goals are achived on the same technical manner. And he have quite a luck in the game. But I have a feeling that that luck deserting him slowly, bit by bit. And the goalkeepers are starting to (finaly! ) 'reading' him.

What, what, what? No football today??? What to do now, this means I actually have to study for my final exams.... crazy_o.gifhelp.gif

edit: on a side note, there is somewhat of a reasonable explanation of the lesser quality play; A lot of the big teams are 'in between' two generations of players and have to adapt to their new capabilities. Some others think all it takes is putting all the stars on the field without any concept for a team, but we've always had that.

Sad to say, but look at what happened to Frisk during an AS Roma match. Got hit by a lighter. It's just a small step from a lighter to a piece of chair being used to teach the ref to use his eyes a little more objectively/better icon_rolleyes.gif

Can't they take a leaf out of proffesional wrestling. The refs are always getting hit by foregin objects at inconvienient moments in the match. Think we need to merge the sports together.

I quite liked Sven mentioning that they got 2 refs to come to the hotel to actually explain what a foul is and what isn't. Lets just hope Seth is ousted in the next elections.

At the age of communication, with micros and more , video referee is not a problem, referees can easily communicate with each other without having to interrupt the game flow.

if thats the case, how come rugby and cricket pause the match to await the ref's decision? How ludicrous would it be for play to continue after possible goal/offside etc when the kickoff has already been taken etc... it just wouldnt work - you either have to pause the match and wait for a decision, thus interupting a free flowing game, or do away with the idea completely...

And that's the point - he had a realistic chance on getting the

ball - he was just going to pass Puyol left around.

There was no THEORY that Henry could get that ball or to pass Puyol left(or right) around; the dude is one of the best defenders, you know, and he's not maded from the fog for Henry to go thru him. And don't even think about that Henry is so much faster than Puyol. wink_o.gif And I think we can all agree that there was a bit of shameless acting.

*edit* And how that the line referee didn't see that acting; it was fairly close to the out line. Maybe he saw it's Henry that acting, and the line ref goes like whistle.gif ?

Henry wise; I just can't comprehend how he can score so many goals, because he's so predictable attacker; 90% of his goals are achived on the same technical manner. And he have quite a luck in the game. But I have a feeling that that luck deserting him slowly, bit by bit. And the goalkeepers are starting to (finaly! ) 'reading' him.

Rofl yes, what Henry does in Arsenal is pure luck, really whistle.gif

Get real rofl.gif

EDIT : So shall I understand all your diatribe on clean playing, stop acting, blabla, is in fact just going back to Henry cause you do not like him? And that you are so so happy seeing him, at last, doing something wrong? mmmmmh'kay....

The point is not the freekick, or what happened after it, it is Henry acting like he has been hit in the face when he is clearly not, trying to get Puyol a red card, because he can't gain the upper hand against him, just like in the Champions League final.

OK, fair enough, and that's (the hand on the face) also what I disliked about the action.

But did Puyol get a red? no

Was there faulty action from Puyol? Very likely, moreover both ref watching it say so.

So what? We're just there with Henry doing something wrong which brought NOTHING for his team (neither a spanish guy out, nor a free kick which was anyway given), and a normal free kick, moreover on a position not that dangerous. Frenchies played it very well, congrats to them for that.

Rofl yes, what Henry does in Arsenal is pure luck, really  whistle.gif

Get real  rofl.gif

You can take ten of any goals Henry has scored in Arsenal and I'm pretty sure at least eight of them will be scored (akhm, here comes my bad knowledge of English) with the inner side of the foot in the right (from the goalkeepers view left) side of the goal. *edit* And if for some strikers which can't score don't know, for ages, can be said he don't have a luck, so can be said for Henry he have a luck, because almost everything he touches converts into gold,,,akhm,,,goal. We'll see in the future if he'll still score such amount of goals per season ...

Quote[/b] ]So shall I understand all your diatribe on clean playing, stop acting, blabla, is in fact just going back to Henry cause you do not like him? And that you are so so happy seeing him, at last, doing something wrong? mmmmmh'kay....

Huh? Don't like Henry? Why should I hate him? Now you get real. Before this acting he's been 'noted in my book' as a fine sportsman, now for me-in my eyes is just one of those many many comedians which roaming on those grasslands.

If video refereeing doesnt fit into the fluidity of the game, then they should at least be better on post match bookings - ie, Figo headbutts someone, referee misses it in the game, but he gets a postgame yellow/red.

The thing is, world cup stakes are high. But no player wants to miss the next match....so it's about giving players a sufficient detterent.....

...if a player thinks he can get away with a dive or another foul not being seen by the ref, he might do so. If he thought that there would be a post match committee scouring the footage and handing out cards/suspensions, he would however, realise that even if he can fool the ref, he's going to get punished for unfair play.

Doing this won't immediately affect the results of matches, but as players realise that they have to keep thier conduct clean, you'll see less dubious incidents imo.

Quote[/b] ]now for me-in my eyes is just one of those many many comedians which roaming on those grasslands.

That's certainly why the design of the 2006 trophy has been modified recently

hkhjkgk4xr.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

If video refereeing doesnt fit into the fluidity of the game, then they should at least be better on post match bookings - ie, Figo headbutts someone, referee misses it in the game, but he gets a postgame yellow/red.

The thing is, world cup stakes are high. But no player wants to miss the next match....so it's about giving players a sufficient detterent.....

...if a player thinks he can get away with a dive or another foul not being seen by the ref, he might do so. If he thought that there would be a post match committee scouring the footage and handing out cards/suspensions, he would however, realise that even if he can fool the ref, he's going to get punished for unfair play.

Doing this won't immediately affect the results of matches, but as players realise that they have to keep thier conduct clean, you'll see less dubious incidents imo.

thats something that FIFA are supposed to do in extreme cases anyways, the Figo incident was refered to FIFA, who didnt give a shit... idiots.

Get real  rofl.gif

You can take ten of any goals Henry has scored in Arsenal and I'm pretty sure at least eight of them will be scored (akhm, here comes my bad knowledge of English) with the inner side of the foot in the right (from the goalkeepers view left) side of the goal. *edit* And if for some strikers which can't score don't know, for ages, can be said he don't have a luck, so can be said for Henry he have a luck, because almost everything he touches converts into gold,,,akhm,,,goal. We'll see in the future if he'll still score such amount of goals per season ...

Quote[/b] ]So shall I understand all your diatribe on clean playing, stop acting, blabla, is in fact just going back to Henry cause you do not like him? And that you are so so happy seeing him, at last, doing something wrong? mmmmmh'kay....

Huh? Don't like Henry? Why should I hate him? Now you get real. Before this acting he's been 'noted in my book' as a fine sportsman, now for me-in my eyes is just one of those many many comedians which roaming on those grasslands.

Well, and those were just pure luck then whistle.gif

pure luck

pure luck 2

Best of pure luck

~S~ CD

Get real  rofl.gif

Well, and those were just pure luck then  whistle.gif

pure luck

pure luck 2

Best of pure luck

~S~ CD

I didn't say his goals are pure luck, but that he have a luck, or that he's in sensational form if you more prefer. But once his luck will runs out e.g. the form will leave him (like all does, he's no exseption), and I'm sure it will come a time when he'll struggle to score. He's no Superman, and I'm not keen to worship any sportsman like that, on such way like those clips does with Henry, you can make such a mix of goals and successful moves even from a player from the 3rd Division, and it will looks like he's an unbeleivable player. I'm not saying he's a bad footballer, uncontrary, but I have him now for a much better actor, and unfair, two faced person, which obviously lack a great deal of sportsmenship.

And I firmly stand behind the words I stated before about him, you can accept them or not, I really don't care.

Can't they take a leaf out of proffesional wrestling. The refs are always getting hit by foregin objects at inconvienient moments in the match. Think we need to merge the sports together.

Lol, that would be awesome, seeing Paul Gascoigne and Marco Matteratzi sandwich a ref, knees and elbows first, and then having Ronaldo diving off a platform onto the ref laying helplessly on the ground rofl.gif

Onto a more serious note: too bad even Brazil is being forced by it's coach to play boring football band.gif

They could have won their matches much easier if they had just played the way they normally do, with a couple of changes in the team (the best 11 players don't automatically make for the best team).

Well, and those were just pure luck then  whistle.gif

pure luck

pure luck 2

Best of pure luck

~S~ CD

Thanks Chris Death for the vids, really astonishing even if we see many replays.

I hope Henry will free his mind and play at his full potential against Brazil.

Whoever win this fight, France or Brazil, if both teams play at full power, the game should be astonishing notworthy.gif

Rofl yes, what Henry does in Arsenal is pure luck, really whistle.gif

Get real rofl.gif

Well, and those were just pure luck then whistle.gif

pure luck

pure luck 2

Best of pure luck

~S~ CD

I didn't say his goals are pure luck, but that he have a luck, or that he's in sensational form if you more prefer. But once his luck will runs out e.g. the form will leave him (like all does, he's no exseption), and I'm sure it will come a time when he'll struggle to score. He's no Superman, and I'm not keen to worship any sportsman like that, on such way like those clips does with Henry, you can make such a mix of goals and successful moves even from a player from the 3rd Division, and it will looks like he's an unbeleivable player. I'm not saying he's a bad footballer, uncontrary, but I have him now for a much better actor, and unfair, two faced person, which obviously lack a great deal of sportsmenship.

And I firmly stand behind the words I stated before about him, you can accept them or not, I really don't care.

Every1 makes error. If you kill him this way for this only gesture, that's pretty stupid, tbh.

I very much detest Arsenal, but Henry has always struck me as a very fair player and a great sportsman, this incident was significantly out of character and perhaps the kind of rare mistake of choice or action that happens frome time to time to all of us.

Every1 makes error. If you kill him this way for this only gesture, that's pretty stupid, tbh.

Whisper, what are you talking about, I'm not killing anyone, I just DON'T RESPECT Henry as a sportsman anymore, how you can't get this. And PLEASE, allow me to have my own (not yours! ) opinion about him, and don't tell me what's stupid; what Henry has done was stupid, not my new formed opinion about him!

And for the end: what Henry did was NOT an error, was NOT an incident, was NOT a rare mistake of choice, but a DELIBERATE PROVOCATION from a deeply frustrated player, which was effectively 'neutralised' during the game. I relly doubt that for instance Ronaldinho will ever perform such an act on the field, no matter how frustrated will be out there on the field. But as we all know, never say never ...

God the stress level of this thread is almost reaching Iraq/middle east thread stress levels biggrin_o.gif

Calm down people, it's a game thumbs-up.gif

"Football is war" wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]what Henry did was NOT an error, was NOT an incident, was NOT a rare mistake of choice, but a DELIBERATE PROVOCATION from a deeply frustrated player

That's a little 'too' exagerated in my judgement, Thierry Henry's a grand man, a great player, one of the most efficient strikers of the world and it happens even to the best players, committing such stupid errors, probably caused by the stress of the match but we have to keep in mind that the error's human, we should forgive him as long as that wouldn't happen again, though.

But there has been much worst that have happened during this WC, just get a look at the match Holland - Portugal...

And the spanish booed and whistled during the french anthem and that was a first at the World Cup 2006...

Such situations shouldn't happen again.

As previously stated: Football is a game..., a game with respect, a game deeply loved by millions.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]what Henry did was NOT an error, was NOT an incident, was NOT a rare mistake of choice, but a DELIBERATE PROVOCATION from a deeply frustrated player

That's a little 'too' exagerated in my judgement

No it's not. Period. That's my opinion and it's just stupid arguing about it. You think differently, you're saying otherwise? No problem, but arguments please. Here's my last and final argument about it: there were imo no foul by Puyol, and I'm 100% sure if there were no that acting by Henry there would be no free kick, therefore that provocation had a deep and decisive influence and impact to the final outcomming of the match, therefore it was looked so much more ugly and disgusting.

Quote[/b] ]Thierry Henry's a grand man, a great player, one of the most efficient strikers of the world and it happens even to the best players, committing such stupid errors, probably caused by the stress of the match but we have to keep in mind that the error's human, we should forgive him as long as that wouldn't happen again, though.

It's ok by me, agreed, no problem. Really. Now you just have to 'charm' the spains with this thru your national glasses viewed glorification of Thierry Henry, and of course convince them to forgive him. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And the spanish booed and whistled during the french anthem and that was a first at the World Cup 2006...

Such situations shouldn't happen again.

Yes, that was really ugly, didn't expected this from spains. I'm kind of surprised (and personally embarassed) that no one here had mentioned and critisized such a primitive behaviour.

My Two Cents on Henry

Henry does Rivaldo

What a total f*cking coward. He gets an arm in the chest and collapses to the floor holding his face. Henry is a dirty, filthy cheat.

I'm really, really surprised and hugely disapointed because I thought he was one of the good guys. Loads of talent but humble with it, fair to a fault and an example to kids the world over what a true, classy, iconic footballer should be.

Now we're going to have kids in the park getting hit on the leg and throwing themselves to the floor clutching their face.

Henry, you have gone from a hero of the people to a vile cheat in the same company as Rivaldo and Maradonna. I hope you enjoy your victory. I hope the tarnish it has placed on this World Cup makes you happy.

Wanker.

Back to business. smile_o.gif Let's hope we see a good match. wink_o.giftounge2.gif