Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Football World Cup 2006 in Germany

find me one team that hasnt played unfair in some respects, be it from diving, insinuations, arguing with the ref, arguing with the other team, taking little 'pot shots' at players etc

its part of the modern game.... granted some are worse than others

@ Messiah

Yes they aren't angels, but in this WK they only selected the devils. Anyway, hope the last few matches will be 'real' football.

true... its been a bit of a dog in terms of discipline... aaah well, its funny to watch, if not a bit disheartening

Quote[/b] ]The second goal of France was really undeserved! Damn actors, how could someone be proud on that! The whole world now knows that some players play unfair to win, because they arent good enough!      

Congratulation, a very objective comment... mad_o.gif

France was very much disadvantaged by referees in previous matches (1 valid goal refused against Corea, one obvious penalty refused against Swiss team...), Spanish and French are one of the most fairplay teams in this WC, they were respectful of each others, very few yellow cards, playing football and not waiting for the penalties' phase like others... Use your anger and bitterness against non fairplay teams such as the Dutch one !

As I said. In the end we will have 31 whiners and 1 team being happy. 31 will feel as if they were treated unfairly and that their team is the best in the world anyway...

I am just waiting for the match when italy drops out, be prepared for the italians to declare germany and fifa being Al Quaida!

Refs are human and so is football. If you prefer 100% consistency and sterile conditions then go play in on the X-Box. And if your team looses during this worldcup at least dont poison the athmosphere, otherwise you are not worthy calling yourself a sportsfan. Full stop!

Quote[/b] ]The second goal of France was really undeserved! Damn actors, how could someone be proud on that! The whole world now knows that some players play unfair to win, because they arent good enough!      

Congratulation, a very objective comment... mad_o.gif

France was very much disadvantaged by referees in previous matches (1 valid goal refused against Corea, one obvious penalty refused against Swiss team...), Spanish and French are one of the most fairplay teams in this WC, they were respectful of each others, very few yellow cards, playing football and not waiting for the penalties' phase like others... Use your anger and bitterness against non fairplay teams such as the Dutch one !

Henry, played it well and you call it fair.

The real problem with football these days is that refferees are major agent of who will win the game.

Brazil-Ghana: two offsides after which goals were scored

France-Spain: Henry acting wins them a game.

NEtherlands-Portugal: a real shame rather than a match

Australia-Italy: faked faul gives undeserved win in last minute of the game.

The list goes on and on.

There might be one or two matches that I would call ok. Other than that it is a disgrace.

The tournament will end up with bloated'n'fat'n'lazy Brazilians win.

I was only impressed with African teams, Australian and German of whom I would never though I would.

I also suggest making an Oscar nominations for:

- best fake of the World Cup.

- worst refferee

Also,

Calling it a beauty of sport when a refferee makes a fatal mistake is the dumbest statement since the declaration of the fact that Earth is flat.

When in snooker or tennis a refferee makes that kind of mistake he/she is penalized severly for that while FIFA bends the universe for its purposes.

Shame!!!

I am just waiting for the match when italy drops out, be prepared for the italians to declare germany and fifa being Al Quaida!

rofl.gif

Probability that what you said occours: 99,99%.

Granted by me.

Klavan

Quote[/b] ]I also suggest making an Oscar nominations for:

- worst refferee

dont forget

- sorest looser

That's easy to solve : have the 4th usueless referee be a "video referee" , exactly like in Rugby.

In rugby, thanks to the video referee and the shared "power" between each referees (as unlike football, the main referee can't just do what he wants ignoring the other referees) , there is no big errors committed during a rugby match.

The video helps a lot the main referee to get the good decision , and even quicker than in football.

And that lead into not only more enjoyable matches in which you will see very very very few cheating, but even the losers and deseperate supporters respect the rugby referees. You never see anyone on the field insulting or trying to make threats on a rugby referee.

You can't say the same for football, and as FIFA do not want a video referee for reason that escape the most decent logic, this referee errors or player cheating problem will never stop.

@Sanctuary

Your is the perfect solution, unlucky both FIFA and UEFA seems not to be so interested in it.

Macabre to say, I know, but maybe they're waiting for a couple of refs being dead by the hands of furious supporters before.

Klavan

Quote[/b] ]I also suggest making an Oscar nominations for:

- worst refferee

dont forget

- sorest looser

Don't forget:

- Biggest douchebag

I nominate Figo.

Don't forget:

- Biggest douchebag

I nominate Figo.

You must be from Holland, dude ...

And that lead into not only more enjoyable matches in which you will see very very very few cheating, but even the losers and deseperate supporters respect the rugby referees. You never see anyone on the field insulting or trying to make threats on a rugby referee.

You can't say the same for football, and as FIFA do not want a video referee for reason that escape the most decent logic, this referee errors or player cheating problem will never stop.

Like i've stated before, in Rugby the ref's word is law - I played rugby competitivly for 6/7 years and its the one law you live and train by for all that time. There are no second chances, and you're marched off the field for arguing with the ref.

There is, however, a very good reason not to include video ref's in football, and a reason that FIFA have been sticking by alot. In rugby, the nature of the game is of stopping and starting. Playing attacking moves as a sequence, then to a scrum, a lineout, a kickoff etc. There is more scope for allowing the 4th official to check video replays.

In football, the game is too fluid. Its too reliant on smooth, quick gameplay. Quikc throw ins, speedy counter attacks etc. These would be seriously compromised if the players had to wait for a video ref to decide on every occasion. There would be no quick free kicks, a quick counter attack after the opposing team are still claiming a penalty in the box etc...

this a perfectly adequate reason, in my eyes, why video ref's will never enter football.

At the age of communication, with micros and more , video referee is not a problem, referees can easily communicate with each other without having to interrupt the game flow.

At the age of communication, with micros and more , video referee is not a problem, referees can easily communicate with each other without having to interrupt the game flow.

Especially, that they already carry comm devices, which is no problem.

What is stupid, is the fact that refferee makes a stupid mistake which then you can see on the replay on the pitch screen for everyone to see.

I just wait for a pitch massacre to come when some country's fans come on to fight just for stupid mistake that could be avoided.

Lol, just because you are from a country that got knocked out you can't criticise the tournament rofl.gif

Just because it is hosted by Germany doesn't mean all you germans have to declare it holy and perfect, because it's far from that. It's the worst worldcup I've seen in terms of unfair play, bad football (boring matches), lousy referees and inconsistent usage of the rules. And I've seen alot of WC matches since 1994 goodnight.gif

"Macabre to say, I know, but maybe they're waiting for a couple of refs being dead by the hands of furious supporters before."

Sad to say, but look at what happened to Frisk during an AS Roma match. Got hit by a lighter. It's just a small step from a lighter to a piece of chair being used to teach the ref to use his eyes a little more objectively/better icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just because it is hosted by Germany doesn't mean all you germans have to declare it holy and perfect

Are you refering to something I said? Dont read between the lines.

Quote[/b] ] It's the worst worldcup I've seen in terms of unfair play

And this is what we hear every four years too! Sorry mate, cant take you seriously! You wont ruin the fun I have watching the matches! And whoever wins this competition will be treated like a worthy world champion by me! And there are still some cool matches to come.

And after your reference to me being german here comes the Boomerang:

Do you know the saying: "look who is talking"? Your team was one of trouble makers in this competition and before pointing a finger at the entire world you should make sure your team is behaving like a role model!

Of course each and everyone of us can criticise the matches and the circumstances. But exaggerations clearly show that there are hurt feelings involved, and then the discussion turns inobjective. And calling it "the worst competition ever" is inobjective. btw same was said about 2002, you just dont seem to remember!

Sure they'll be the interrptions there; those interventions would never came on time (the video must be checked first), even a few seconds delay would be enough, and then what, should the ref stop the play and 'rewind' it, interrupting a possible counter-attack douring the process or something even more delicate? Then you'll really have a chaos on the field; a bunch of mad players (from both sides), totally loosed referee,,,heck, even now those morons can't follow the game, not yet with some additional 'voices' in their heads from some phones. Such help could come really handy only in ocassions of confirming if the ball was over the goal line and so on. But the rabbit is not hiding in this bush ...

IMHO if they'll only stick strictly to the rules, much already would be done ...

Don't forget:

- Biggest douchebag

I nominate Figo.

So?

Don't forget:

- Biggest douchebag

I nominate Figo.

So?

Nothing. Just an observation.

hmm - Lots of are declaring Henry for diving - i didn't see it

that way. Henry was way faster than Puyol, Puyol noticed

that he would be second at ball - so what then? - try to

block the faster one - unfortunately for Puyol Henry knew

to use that blocking without having to catch the ball - well

still - Puyol was going to block the ball because he couldn't

win the race - Henry wasn't fouled badly but was hindered

taking the ball.

Anyway - the location of the freekick was not even close

to the penalty point - where you would say: they got a goal

present - it's been far away from the goal.

So this 'dive' was by far not meant to be stealing a goal.

So it was for sure not a 100% goal chance this freekick - so

don't score that 'cheating' to be like falling over the 5 meter

line in penalty box to get a penalty - it wasn't just like this.

When two players crash together - lot of times one of them falls - well sometimes even both. - sometimes it's a freekick sometimes not - sometimes for the wrong team.

This freekick imho wasn't a better chance than a corner or a

throw in, or maybe even a goalkick. So stop whining that

Henry's cheating lead them to a win.

Congrats France - congrats Spain

Allez les bleus

~S~ CD

The point is not the freekick, or what happened after it, it is Henry acting like he has been hit in the face when he is clearly not, trying to get Puyol a red card, because he can't gain the upper hand against him, just like in the Champions League final.

I've played football for more then 5 years, if that push with the shoulder hurts so much that you have to put your hands to your face in pure aginy, then something is seriously wrong with your body. Pure acting.

hmm - Lots of are declaring Henry for diving - i didn't see it

that way. Henry was way faster than Puyol, Puyol noticed

that he would be second at ball - so what then? - try to

block the faster one - unfortunately for Puyol Henry knew

to use that blocking without having to catch the ball - well

still - Puyol was going to block the ball because he couldn't

win the race - Henry wasn't fouled badly but was hindered

taking the ball.

Anyway - the location of the freekick was not even close

to the penalty point - where you would say: they got a goal

present - it's been far away from the goal.

So this 'dive' was by far not meant to be stealing a goal.

So it was for sure not a 100% goal chance this freekick - so

don't score that 'cheating' to be like falling over the 5 meter

line in penalty box to get a penalty - it wasn't just like this.

When two players crash together - lot of times one of them falls - well sometimes even both. - sometimes it's a freekick sometimes not - sometimes for the wrong team.

This freekick imho wasn't a better chance than a corner or a

throw in, or maybe even a goalkick. So stop whining that

Henry's cheating lead them to a win.

Congrats France - congrats Spain

Allez les bleus

~S~ CD

No it was not a penalty but it was an opportunity. Why did Henry faked? Cause he had no chance to get the ball and to score.

It is a regular situation nowadays. The player has no chance of scoring so he starts to play f... Hamlet on the pitch. He starts to play "he hurt my feelings and I will cry now" game.

How about preparing properly for the World Cup instead of playing commertials?

I undestand players like Vinnie Johns who kicked the balls of those ass whining pussies.

One more thing.

The whining ones are those who fake and start to cry their little pussies off on the pitch. He can't play nor win so he starts to f.. around. And if this is the way you want your fave team to win then, I am sorry, but you ..... ..... ..... ...... And your team too.

Sorry people for this emotional outburst but for people like these we have so much sorest loosers around. PLay like a man and loose like a man. All I want.

The point is not the freekick, or what happened after it, it is Henry acting like he has been hit in the face when he is clearly not, trying to get Puyol a red card, because he can't gain the upper hand against him, just like in the Champions League final.

I've played football for more then 5 years, if that push with the shoulder hurts so much that you have to put your hands to your face in pure aginy, then something is seriously wrong with your body. Pure acting.

So often players from each side will put their hands on body

parts which weren't encountered from the eye of the viewer.

You will find that in every game on every side - I saw Henry

for a short moment put his hands in face - well - every player

will do this (no exception) if he got fouled and their was contact near to his head. It's a spontan reaction and in lot

of cases you will do it just by the thinking of how close this

was to your face and and you were lucky - but it's also a short moment of shock - in which hands will come up to face

almost automatically. If you then later run behind the referee

to show him how the other guy tried to break your nose

is a totaly different story  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]No it was not a penalty but it was an opportunity. Why did Henry faked? Cause he had no chance to get the ball and to score.

And that's the point - he had a realistic chance on getting the

ball - he was just going to pass Puyol left around.

~S~ CD