txalin

William Porter's Blog

Indeed, they are od green (my bad) but i stick with my opinion about the unit selection wink_o.gif .

Harriers in this conflict remind me of an old PC game where you had to take-off from the aircraft carrier with harriers to defend the East Timor from the invading West. Its now abandonware

Also, there was a game with Hokum and Cobras on exotic islands, also now abandonware Check 'em out smile_o.gif

Links removed.

Please do not post links to abandonware - the developer no longer interested in what happens to their software is not the same as the developer relinquishing their copyright over it.

Abandonware is, as far as we are concerned, on the wrong side of the grey line separating warez from legit software, and therefore we can not allow such links to be posted in the future.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation thumbs-up.gif

You'll have to bear with me on this post it does get to a point...i think! icon_rolleyes.gif

I have recently discovered an 'interesting' site. I'll try not to go off topic too much, but lets just say that the site is not exactly easy to read or user friendly and you can get pretty lost reading the authors (passionate) rants that go on and on and on... he's obsessed with US military equipment and doctrines and constantly goes on about how the US military, at the moment, is run by lilly livered scroats who don't care about their soldiers need and efficient equipment, but are more interested in politics... You will notice that there is a lot of reference about the need for the reintroduction of the M113 'Gavin' which he seems passionate about more than anything else, you find it's referenced in nearly all his different topics!!

I'll say one thing, he's done alot of research and really has tried to look at how the US can improve it's fighting ability...the site can however be seen as though someone has just gone over the edge and become somewhat obsessed.

I'll leave you all to discover the rest of the site in your own time.

whistle.gifTrying to stay on topic:

The following page:

www.combatreform.com/aircommandos.htm

Has an interesting article about the concept of Naval A-10's or 'Seahogs' OA-10C(?). Now this could be an interesting way of bringing the A-10 into the game.

I am only bringing awareness to this concept and not making a request to BIS for this to be included in the game.

If you can find it on the site, you will also discover an article he did about Aircraft camoflage and how the US have got it wrong going green as a result of Vietnam (something to that effect anyway, I really can't remember where I saw it on the site, it's really quite difficult to navigate the site). Whether this is a rant or is an effective suposition is anybody's guess; I'll leave the decision making to you (only if you can find the information of course!!! )

(I've now forgotten what else I was supposed to write to keep this on-topic, I'll just have to come back and edit this post later and put the missing item in...damn alcohol and it's evil memory destroying...erm...what was I going to say...um...) banghead.gif

Low light out

p.s. Not wanting to sound too rude here or anything but...I would suggest that people don't reply and discuss the site too much. It'll save this topic from going further away from discussing Wm-P's Blog! It does have alot of interesting concepts in it though that might warrant discussion in the offtopic part of the forum.

I think.... i saw William on Sahrani airport. He can't wait for the gold press release. He's on the way to CZ and will buy his own copy from "Armed Assault" in the store over there...  inlove.gif

Damn that must be an unpleasant feeling

A fresh copy of Arma in your hands, a delayed bus and too far to walk home barefoot.

i would be running away from everyone trying to take it out of me arms

Damn that must be an unpleasant feeling

A fresh copy of Arma in your hands, a delayed bus and too far to walk home barefoot.

There not barefoot.. there wearing sandles...

look at the guy in blues feet carfully..

the beautiful flip flop, santa gut jog, god i love those days only problem is those little sticks and stones thats sole purpose is to drive you up the wall, anyways i wonder if porter can swim and try to collect the stuff outta franks car

the beautiful flip flop, santa gut jog, god i love those days only problem is those little sticks and stones thats sole purpose is to drive you up the wall, anyways i wonder if porter can swim and try to collect the stuff outta franks car

well at leaste we know that when frank drove his car into the sea he didnt drowned and swam away biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

well at leaste we know that when frank drove his car into the sea he didnt drowned and swam away  biggrin_o.gif

...Or that his car didn't turn black and blow up...or did it?...We don't know if vehicles can survive in the water without blowing up confused_o.gif (apart from amphibious ones of course)

Ah, running in flipflops, a skill only Australian beer drinkers have perfected.  biggrin_o.gif

...And people that live in Hawaii.

Not "flip flops"; they're "slippers"! lol.

Okay, that's enough.

just a thought, what if you stay in a car going underwater then ejecting, are you swimming under the surface, and can you stay ? It could be VERY interesting by some ways... xmas_o.gif

If Franks car doesn't blow up, I'd like to see a tow truck addon to pull it back to shore biggrin_o.gif

If there is another blog entry, it'll be interesting to see what has transpired since we're so close to release!

I think you should be able to go up and down in water by using the same button that makes you assend and desend in a chopper (Q and Z in OFP respectively).

Yeah, but then what about oxygen ? wow_o.gif

A big blue bar of OË› or "setdammaging" more and more ?