txalin

William Porter's Blog

HEY the sea in that blog video is awsome... it looks real life like..

it gets 2 bananas  yay.gif  yay.gif

TWO!?! You cheap ba**ard!   tounge2.gif

Should get a few more than that.  Looks better than what we have seen in Crisi.. Krisis, Crycis.. However you spell that fubared bling-fest that's about as deep and long lasting as a puddle in the desert.

(I'll say three)  nener.gif

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

We can finally see a pilot model ! Nice job BIS thumbs-up.gif

The water is just amazing...

HEY the sea in that blog video is awsome... it looks real life like..

it gets 2 bananas  yay.gif  yay.gif

TWO!?! You cheap ba**ard!   tounge2.gif

Should get a few more than that.  Looks better than what we have seen in Crisi.. Krisis, Crycis.. However you spell that fubared bling-fest that's about as deep and long lasting as a puddle in the desert.

(I'll say three)  nener.gif

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

Three clones! Wot's up with u lot?     jump.gifheaddance.gifcrazydance.gifpump.gifdance4.gif   biggrin_o.gif    biggrin_o.gif

surf1.jpg

With all that new surf will we be having a Bay Watch mod?   rofl.gif

Steve should have swam back like a real man. Seriously, what kind of pansies do we have over there training Sahrani militia?

Thx for sharing the vid thumbs-up.gif

I was watching for some big shadows in the water indicating that some sharks or stingrays do populate the sea, but no luck sad_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Thought about reenacting Moby Dick in Arma tounge2.gif

Omg, look how the breakers roll in! thumbs-up.gif

First thing I'm gonna do in Arma is sit on the beach and watch the sunset. tounge2.gif

Stevo had the right idea but went out without attending to the the 6 P's, namely:

"Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!"

Its traditionally 7 P's, you forgot the "Proper" at the start wink_o.gif

But yeah, the water effects are looking fantastic.

The little sand bar they find Steve on was a little too "sheer" tho, as soon as it goes below the water level the sides seem to go straight down, would be better/nicer if there was an extended section of submerged sand.

Sweet anyho tho biggrin_o.gif

I loved the way you could see shelves of seabed off from the coast as the light blue areas. At times if you didn't notice the sometimes angular terrain, the whole thing looked like the view in Blackhawk Down.

Cannot wait.  smile_o.gif

holly sweet!!! inlove.gif Love those beaches and islands alot smile_o.gif

the water and sea bed looks wonderful, makes me want to move there really! smile_o.gif a little big boat or a small house near the water. smile_o.gif

Hey, nobody in here mentioned the Lost reference.

"Previously on Lost..."

BI are Lost fans!

"Hey, uh, Jack. There's, like, some new dude on the island. He keeps saying he wants to go to some girl named Sara."

"Not now Hurley, I'm waiting for the 1Q 2007 Armed Assault release date."

"What! No, dude. The numbers are bad. The numbers are BAD!"

3d is weird, why pilar of the bridge are so distorded first seconds of the vid ?

this steve guy seems to have a habit of getting in trouble biggrin_o.gif hope he don't break all the ArmA discs that come fresh out of print

Quote[/b] ][DeadMeatXM2,Oct. 21 2006,18:11]
Stevo had the right idea but went out without attending to the the 6 P's, namely:

"Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!"

Its traditionally 7 P's, you forgot the "Proper" at the start wink_o.gif

But yeah, the water effects are looking fantastic.

The little sand bar they find Steve on was a little too "sheer" tho, as soon as it goes below the water level the sides seem to go straight down, would be better/nicer if there was an extended section of submerged sand.

Sweet anyho tho biggrin_o.gif

I got bladdered last night mate and have had too many P's for today so I decided to drop one (that was a stinker as well!!! )  wink_o.gif

...But DAMN, that shore looks well, REAL. Too bad there is still no music but doesn't make it less spectaculair.

Uploading it with music soon!

3d is weird, why pilar of the bridge are so distorded first seconds of the vid ?

Hmm?

The main distortion I can see is because of the crappy video compression. There is a slight bend at the very edges of the view when the sea-end of the pier, but thats because the view seems to be zoomed out (fish-eye, happens in OFP too - or any 3d app for that matter)

@low - yeah, I'm still hungover too tounge2.gif

...But DAMN, that shore looks well, REAL. Too bad there is still no music but doesn't make it less spectaculair.

Uploading it with music soon!

Well I meant sound but this rocks too :P

Not sure about 'This Lill gir's gonna rock tonight', but I sure know one thing ... I can't wait to get my thieving paws one one of those Lill boats and take it for a blast around ArmA!  biggrin_o.gif

arma_gta.jpg

That vid reminds me off the deep blue colour of the atlantic, the whole combination of the terrain, ocean and sky look very life alike, (not to mention the rest of it ofcourse). It looks so... natural, im glad its not plastified and overdone like the other small games, it looks just.. perfect smile_o.gif .

The water dynamics are insanely mad!

You can actually see the big wave lines breaking off when they hit a part of the shore line and you see lines distorting in curvatures as the wave enters lower waters!

*applauds for BIS*