txalin

William Porter's Blog

I'll even admit, it is getting a little dissapointing not seeing a blog updated.

I'm buying ArmA, it's a given, I'm going to play it til' my fingers hurt, it's a given.

But the casual gamer who is late coming or never on the OFP scene, who found the blog looking or searching for FPS games, or WarSim games, and clicks on the Potter blog from time to time will wonder "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" is going on with this blog, and what's going on with the game?

I don't care about screen shots on it, I've seen enough to know it's top notch stuff. Just maybe some hints, tips, names of southern towns, equipment, terrain. All of which can be explained very well in words, not just pictures.

"Yesterday Frank and I headed over to "", a little village with a nice place for a drink after a long day of training at "".

We couldn't resist checking out the broken down pile of crap the Souther "" had parked nearby. It was a old, Soviet era "" . Man it sure needed a new paint job. They're lucky the C.O lended them some "" to help out. Imagine what would happen if the Northern "" attacked. If they didn't have the "" that the U.S. supplied they would be fubar."

all the "" is whatever stuff we will see in-game. Just some hints, teasers, whatever......

Good idea. That is kind of what they're doing, just no specifics. (would be nice to know what city the internet cafe is in smile_o.gif )

Might be a bit early to throw out names of places and such, with the european release in Q3, probably LATE Q3.

confused_o.gif

...and clicks on the Potter blog...

Exclusive !

For the European release, we have a new soldier : Harry biggrin_o.gif

...and clicks on the Potter blog...

Exclusive !

For the European release, we have a new soldier : Harry biggrin_o.gif

Haha, nice catch. freudlin(sp?) slip, just finished up reading someone mentioning Harry Potter crap.

arf, just to add this nonsense chat.. William Tell might join this party too.. mf_hide.gif

Where are they?

Frank is back biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Hello, this is Frank again. Will is on leave and asked me to look after the blog. Honestly… I almost forgot.

I had better post something before he gets back or he won’t share loot from his care package with me. He took his camera with him so I asked the cook if I could borrow his. He just bought it from a vendor in the market and it works suprisingly well for the price, but none of the menus are in english. It has weird time-lapse feature that I wanted to test out. It worked well the first time, so then I thought I would find a more interesting spot and maybe try to get a whole sunrise to sunset (you know the kind that plays at really high speed and always seems to have a Van Halen soundtrack?) but, well, I guess somebody thought it was a free camera because it wasn’t there when I got back.

I’m going to have a chat with the cook now. Stay tuned, be happy and wish me luck.

Cool pictures biggrin_o.gif

Edit

And a lake biggrin_o.gif:D

But what happend to the last pic? ^^ Freaking pink XD I guess it was just the camera ^^

I like the pinkish sky with rainbow yay.gif now some ducks flying over lake

But where is Porter now?

On vacation?

smile_o.gif

But where is Porter now?

On vacation?

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hello, this is Frank again. Will is on leave and asked me to look after the blog. Honestly… I almost forgot.

Guest Ti0n3r

Interesting pics notworthy.gif

About time!!!!

Hooray!!!

Nice images. Better upgrade my graphics (I anint got too much cash, think a geforce 6600 will be ok?)

Also...Frank says the camera got nicked...but how did he get the photos off it...? confused_o.gif

Wonder if the reflective patch on the road markers actually reflects headlights. inlove.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Nice images. Better upgrade my graphics (I anint got too much cash, think a geforce 6600 will be ok?)

That card is pure shit, to be honest.

Sorry for offtopic.

Edit: OK, to be a little more specific; This card can't run BF2 with most settings on Medium in 1024x768 without a quite low FPS. If you run it with most settings on High it's unplayable. Talking out of my own experience. And ArmA is massive confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That card is pure shit, to be honest.

Sorry for offtopic.

That is off topic and a huge generalisation, particularly with the range of 6600s available. Whilst not the newest card, this makes it a great budget card and though we could debate endlessly on exacly how good/bad it is, pure shit is a little harsh.

On topic, photos are alright - notice that the've dropped the timestamp, which would have been nice on a timelapse set of photos.

the lack of timestamp is because the camera wasn't from William....

Nothing personal, but for the sake of obviousness, look up "roleplay" in a dictionary confused_o.gif

Very nice pictures! However, comparing the images side-to-side, it gets clear that the tide in the water rises/lowers steadely according to the time... wich MIGHT mean there are no heavy tides here biggrin_o.gif .

Nothing personal Codal, but I dont see how my comment is stepping out of the "roleplay" in any way.

Okay, I'll rephrase it to keep you happy - 'Its a shame that Frank had to use the Cooks camera which doesn't have a timestamp mode. This would have been excellent for a time lapse set of photos.'

Happy?

I like the roadsigns, markers and guard rail. All the little things that make so much difference in the immersion... And a bit of cover in a pinch, of course. I know more than a few times in OFP that the guard rail (if bulletproof) would have saved my hiney on a patrol.

there is big problem with blog

my site uses wordpress as cms, and williams blog is wordpress too...whenever I create post on my site linking to that blog it automatically creates comment (on arma blog) containing part of my post...strange crazy_o.gif

Those pics look fantastic (I think anyway) - one of the things I've been looking forward to the most was the demonstration of the time/weather stuff - I like what I see smile_o.gif

Plus the fact that the blog's been updated of course.

If I step out of the role-play thing, I'm a little disappointed that it looks like they've been unable to do anything with the rain effect - seemingly the same scrolling texture overlay. I'm guessing it would take a lot to implement a different rain effect in a game as open as AA still using the same engine. But oh well.

It`s funny, how deep a message can be, expressed only by two words and a smile^ wink_o.gif

Well, glad to see It`s been updated, but to be honest, Will makes better pictures than Frank biggrin_o.gif

No im not gay tounge2.gif

Lets hope they fix the roads, still blurred and really makes the rest of the environment totally unrealistic confused_o.gif