txalin

William Porter's Blog

@westy159

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Stendac @ June 29 2006,02:38)
Quote[/b] ]

Hey, it would be cool if the type of camo worn actually makes a difference during the game.  ArmA would give you a choice between the ACU or the old BDUs.  Players would begin to favor the ACU after deciding for themselves that it is more effective than BDUs.

You could dress yourself with the old BDU if you really wanted to, but it would be generally understood that the ACU is a more effective camouflage.

Lets not turn this into Metal Gear Solid 3

@ofpforum

Quote[/b] ]There already is a 'camouflage' setting in the config, the AI has more trouble spotting snipers and blackops then other units

Exactly.

Don't be daft.  That's just silly.  icon_rolleyes.gif

"I come from a world you may not understand."

Quote[/b] ]There already is a 'camouflage' setting in the config, the AI has more trouble spotting snipers and blackops then other units

Exactly.

Well, and this camouflage setting works for all types of island and terrains.

So if you wear a bright yellow suit to be best camouflaged for a mission on the sun but somehow land on earth in e.g. sweden, you'll however have the same camouflage value as on the sun :P

Multtype BDU's selective while in a mission is a bad idea for a game like OFP,this isn't soldner. You would look like a pretty big fool if you had a BDU different from the rest of your squad,plus it wouldn't be realistic,atleast not for the US Side,I'v heard the Russians sometimes use two types of BDU's in squads,however North Sahrani forces aren't Russians (damnit these typos get me when I least expect it.),in the end it would be a rather useless feature simply for unrealistic customization during anytime.

So if you wear a bright yellow suit to be best camouflaged for a mission on the sun but somehow land on earth in e.g. sweden, you'll however have the same camouflage value as on the sun :P

Just search for a big swedish flag (or any IKEA sign) and hide in front - seems perfectly reasonable to me! smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Now fix the broken link to the vid Willie wink_o.gif

The link is fixed.

Ach, you were faster... crazy_o.gif

Anyone has an idea what kind of vehicle he was driving? It looks like it has desert camo but this blue line looks strange...

nener.gif

The video wasn't too bad, I liked the little bump when he ran on the sidewalk.

hehe cool video , really reminds me of the earlier camera phone video style biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

Nice to see more of the landscapes, my guess is that its a land rover or a uazg maybe? im not sure , thats just guesses tounge2.gif

...Find/Announce the publisher...please BIS confused_o.gif, i would wish to see some normal videos and latest progres pics and updated official site, features...etc. I'm starting to feel i'm not happy with these little updates...

On the other hand i know there will be when there's something to show and i completely understand BIS...delays, problems, technology, people, making all work well...and i give you full support BIS...just don't give up on ARAS project and don't make it S.T.A.L.K.E.R. project.

Surry but there is nothing new here ! Again and again BIS play the same game with us. confused_o.gif Some screens, some videos, but nothing concrete. If you here me Mr BIS know that people are more and more sceptical about the REAL potential of Arma. Good screens have never make a good game... confused_o.gif

We want concrete, we want demo... sad_o.gif

...Find/Announce the publisher...please BIS  confused_o.gif, i would wish to see some normal videos and latest progres pics and updated official site, features...etc.

Me too, but this the publishers job normaly....

Nogova was only an expantion and it featured all new vegetation and 99% new buildings. I like the "rebuilt" restaurant from Everon alot though.

Sahrani is a "strange" looking island, Nogova looked smaller but better confused_o.gif .

It's nice except speed of ride. It's too fast.

This thread is strictly for discussing the blog, complaining about everything else belongs elsewhere.

Nice vid, enjoying the wonderful town and new houses.

Special the colors on the top of the houses. smile_o.gif

Anyone has an idea what kind of vehicle he was driving? It looks like it has desert camo but this blue line looks strange...

The bonnet is without a doubt that of a Landrover.

Probably belongs to the South Sahranies...