shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Guest Ti0n3r
i see the
Quote[/b] ]soldier1 setDamage 1
command has been fixed and is now spelt right biggrin_o.gif

Noooo! This is an outrage sad_o.gif

... biggrin_o.gif

....  And I hate burst the "patient Fans" bubbles but the game will still be release with bugs....

... and it has to be that way as with each patch it will get back up in some news and download servers and that way creating some new or refreshed attention by those that missed the previous release(s) - bugs are good for future PR icon_rolleyes.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Good news ?? where ?  One says after Dec and other before Dec ?  Who do you believe.

But Novak is ex-BI member, he doesn't know where's actually ArmA in development, unlike Pavlicek.

Now...how funny is this?

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/armed_assault/box.html

The ultimate realistic combat simulation experience brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint*. recharges in a new engine with additional fresh, modern time setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments blended with unique touch of total realism return in this new game

Quote[/b] ]Features:

- Fight along with the Third U.S. Army as they slice through the German Wehrmacht, engaging the enemy in famous battles

- Use strategic tank & air assaults to defeat the Germans in Leningrad, the Kasserine Pass, the Bridge at Remagen, and D-Day

- Practice your maneuvers offline, or connect to fierce firefights with players around the world

- Customize settings to make it a new combat experience every time!

muahhhhhhhhhhh rofl.gif

With all the engine upgrades and collision fixes, does anyone know that if you still go prone and lower the your aim downwards, the gun barrel still disappears into the ground?

Now...how funny is this?

The ultimate realistic combat simulation experience brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint*. recharges in a new engine with additional fresh, modern time setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments blended with unique touch of total realism return in this new game

Quote[/b] ]Features:

- Fight along with the Third U.S. Army as they slice through the German Wehrmacht, engaging the enemy in famous battles

- Use strategic tank & air assaults to defeat the Germans in Leningrad, the Kasserine Pass, the Bridge at Remagen, and D-Day

- Practice your maneuvers offline, or connect to fierce firefights with players around the world

muahhhhhhhhhhh  rofl.gif

That's old, old, old... wink_o.gif

Well, am I the only one who wants game2 more than ArmA? crazy_o.gif

well, new features and stuff, that`s cool, but when we`ll see the thing we`re actually waiting for? I mean, since the development of the ofp2/game2/next gen game, whatever, was annoucned?

don` get me wrong, ArmA looks cool, I really can`t wait, but what with the game2 then?

(my pc is down, I`m in an internet cafe now confused_o.gifconfused_o.gif)

Now...how funny is this?

Quote[/b] ]Features:

muahhhhhhhhhhh  rofl.gif

Armored Assault, they really know what they are doing.

Well, am I the only one who wants game2 more than ArmA? crazy_o.gif

No but that doesn't mean I don't want Arma.

This is also the Armed Assault forum, so folks aren't going to be discussing Game 2 and how much they want it here.

Ofp was released in 2001, arma is just the update it needs until game2 is released.  The thing I am most excited about is bullet penetration.    

yay.gif peanut butter jelly time yay.gif

Now...how funny is this?

Quote[/b] ]Features:

muahhhhhhhhhhh rofl.gif

Armored Assault, they really know what they are doing.

Well,

it looks like word reached them and they fixed their news section now... biggrin_o.gif

The german PC-Magazine "GAMESTAR" (some people won't like it because they wrote some "unfounded" bad stuff about ArmA) reports the follwoing:

The publisher Morphicon (Homepage) will release ArmA here (Germany) in Q4 (this year !!!wink_o.gif.

LINK TO NEWS

There are also 3 NEW pics in their gallery (bad quality with big Gamestar sign smile_o.gif)

regards benus

smile_o.gif someone was faster smile_o.gif

c930 also posted some links to the pics in the "Latest screenshots available" thread

GameStar again:

Quote[/b] ]Marek Spanel von Bohemia Interactive meldete sich jetzt offiziell zu Wort und gab eine Erklärung für die Releaseverzögerung des Taktik-Shooters Armed Assault ab.

Zum einen gibt es bisher noch keinen weltweit gültigen Deal mit einem großen Publisher, so dass der Titel momentan pro Region extra vorbereitet werden muss - das verschlingt viel Zeit. Des Weiteren wollen die Entwickler sowohl die Engine als auch die KI nochmals überarbeiten, um das Optimum an Spielspaß zu präsentieren.

Fast translation:

Quote[/b] ]Marek Spanel of Bohemia Interactive made an official statement in which he explains the delay of the release of Armed Assault.

For one thing, there is no international deal with a major publisher so far, so that the game has to be especially prepared for each region - this takes a lot of time. For another, the developers are willing to improve the engine as well as the AI to provide a maximum of immersion.

http://www.gamestar.de/news....lt.html

Germany , bah. Bah. Bah. Bah.

Means I'll get some German version with everything in German!

As I'm in The Netherlands here.

Germany , bah. Bah. Bah. Bah.

Means I'll get some German version with everything in German!

As I'm in The Netherlands here.

What makes you think that a german publisher will publish in the benelux? And if they do, what makes you think they publish the german version instead of the english one? wink_o.gif

Ja Ja.... rofl.gif

Isn't the 5 or 6 time we've beeing announced that BIS found an Editor to publish ArmA ??

whistle.gif

Aren't you getting bothered and septic about thoose "unofficial" report from video games Magazine ??

One more article who finish in the basket i think... band.gif

But i keep it in mind ,a day will come this game will finally finish in my hand thumbs-up.gif

Let's hope it sad_o.gif ...

Isn't the 5 or 6 time we've beeing announced that BIS found an Editor to publish ArmA ??

Uhm, no?

I have read LEM for Poland, Cenega for Czech Republic and now Morphicon for Germany, nothing more.

Edit:

Yup i missed Akella for Russia. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have read LEM for Poland, Cenega for Czech Republic and now Morphicon for Germany, nothing more.

You missed Akella for Russia.

S.D.

Guys check this out.....

Up untill now i thought that all US models looked the same.

I guys one is a special op guy, probably the one with short sleves...

Short sleve

Long sleve

Also it answers some ones question (sorry i cant remember who asked it) that yes, your gun will vanish into the floor, check out the M4 mag on the guy lying down, see how its poking into the ground...? Also, how big are those mags? how many rounds would they hold?

But mostly i must say yay.gif Yay!! it looks fab!! Check out the smoke!!

uh Germany , i hope you not still holding a grudge about the series of carpet bombings and ship sinkings back in the forty's and will be a pal and send that game to the US as quickly as possible ......please?.......guys?...........hello?

That pic with the long sleve, how old id it? Never seen it before. Looks great. smile_o.gif

That pic with the long sleve, how old id it? Never seen it before. Looks great. smile_o.gif

New today

Edit: It's actually one of my favourites from the recent screenshots. I think that has a lot to do with the view and vegetation on display. Also a little sick of smoke screenshots already, so it's nice to see one where smoke/dust isn't the central focus.