Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Germany , bah. Bah. Bah. Bah.

Means I'll get some German version with everything in German!

As I'm in The Netherlands here.

What makes you think that a german publisher will publish in the benelux? And if they do, what makes you think they publish the german version instead of the english one? wink_o.gif

I Would buy the game in Germany as they probably won't publish it in The Netherlands smile_o.gif

I will only buy the game in Germany if I will not see and hear one single german word in it.

I hate (bad) translations. I want the real thing. If I have to wait four more weeks for a UK or US version I will do just that!

I will only buy the game in Germany if I will not see and hear one single german word in it.

I hate (bad) translations. I want the real thing. If I have to wait four more weeks for a UK or US version I will do just that!

The game is made in Czech, how real do you think the English would be (f.e. dam(m)age)?

I think they will made german sub-titles - thats all. And there will be a way to start with or without localization (not confirmed yet).

S.D.

The game covers US troops. Why should they speak german? That's what I meant by "the real thing".

It is part of my understanding of realism that US soldiers speak english.

You people are utterly silly sometimes. Why in the hell should a czech developer produce a german only version. No offence, but sometimes it really pisses me off somewhat that 75% of people that post here either A) never have played OFP, B) only download shiny addons or C) havent played OFP for a long time. That comes through in so many threads including this.

On this issue: I bought OFP in Germany,did that prevent me from switching to the English part of the stringtable.csv? NO huh.gif

I hope you do not talk about me in your points A,B and C. Of course not. How could you know?

Well, Germans often tend to translate everything. The result is often not very satisfying I am afraid.

The racing game GTR was completely translated into german although being produced in Sweden.

As I said I will wait for an english version to come out if I am not allowed to choose a language during installation.

don't all games have language english to choose? but sometimes it can be annoying playing online on english servers and people speak dutch , german , french , korean and spanish on the english servers tounge2.gif

playing public and trying to get a team togheter for a tactic but no one understands you makes life hard tounge2.gif

OH man the black smoke looks unbelievable, hope it doesnt lag

That reminds me, i remember back when i played OFP , when we would do RTS2 you couldnt really bomb to well with A10's cuz of the short view distance, the target would appear only for a moment and you would pass the target with no time to drop,,, is it going to still be that way?

No cause in ofp you ad 600meters of visibility and in arma ill be someting like 3000meters. so you will have more tive to prepare the attack

Hrhr, the fear of some ppl here about a "germanized" ArmA is funny.

When ArmA is released, you all have to eat Sauerkraut and listen to Blasmusik 24/7!!

MfG Lee beerchug.gif

Germany , bah. Bah. Bah. Bah.

Means I'll get some German version with everything in German!

As I'm in The Netherlands here.

OT: well, the nederlands is a great football nation, see the last picture from the will porter blog.... good luck for euro2008 nener.gif

@lee: rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

only german version worldwide , sorry... nener.gif

perhaps a second czech version, that should be enough.... biggrin_o.gif

*EDIT* are now smile_o.gif nice news and pics, we will wait here at ArmAZone until tomorrow to post as you wished thumbs-up.gif

To address one point in advance, what do they mean with "zerstörbare Gebäude" ("destructible buildings")? Vague description...

No, he's asking how the destruction is implemented. For instance, is it similar to the old deformation model, or is it handled in a more realistic, dynamic way?

This answer was not explained. Sry. Maybe we have more about it after Sudden Death (our MEN on GC2006 = our SPY rofl.gif ) completed his interviews with IDEA Games.