Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Anyone catched the latest news? biggrin_o.gif

You got me frozen for a second there. I thought GC stands for GameCube untill i read the rest of the post. rofl.gif

2007 you say? Looking at what we have seen, I find it very hard to believe that ArmA will be held back for half a year. I see a October/ November release much more likely.

Hmmm I smells me a demo...

Bullet penetration is going to be awsome. Now you can't run or hide thumbs-up.gif

We already knew that bullet penetration would be in from mapfact a few months ago? huh.gif

It sure feels like the game is coming soon. Summer vacation must have recharged the crew at IDEA/BIS.

I'm sure they would like it boxed and shipped so as to get on track with Game2.

I hope for a early fall release biggrin_o.gif

We already knew that bullet penetration would be in from mapfact a few months ago? huh.gif

Yea, they mentioned it as a possible feature that they would probably have, but it wasn't confirmed.

damn sweet that they have confirmed the materials and bullet penetration stuff. Can't wait for the demo that will get me wanna arm me with armed assault! biggrin_o.gif

today is a rainy and cloudy day but this news made it a bit brighter. smile_o.gif

You know, I rushed out and bought Hitman:Blood Money on release day, and foolishly misread the Min spec!  I needed to upgrade, but held off thinking I may need to upgrade again for Armed Assault.  

(hang on, I'll get to the point soon  )  wink_o.gif

So, unable to play i monitored the HitMan forum for a while and noticed that dozens and dozens of people were having a wide range of problems, like CTD, freezing and other such issues.

(here is the point )  smile_o.gif

When Hitman:BM hit the shelves it was jam packed with bugs and glitches.  It was a dreadful release.  I will be upgrading for ArmA and will buy the game.  But no way will I be running out to buy the game for at least two or more months.  I've waited so long for this, I want it to work correctly, out of the box.  If not, i want the required patched and fixes available straight away.

PS. please don’t take this as a BI or ArmA bashing rant. It's merely a hope that they won’t rush the game to the shelves (as they haven’t already!wink_o.gif.

PPS. This is probably the longest post I've ever done

I've never heard of a game being fully bug ridden, so you're bound to have the odd few that have slipped through the net. However i have compkete confidence that BIS will do their best to irradicate most bugs.

Also, with bugs, comes patches, with patches comes upgrades.

You know, I rushed out and bought Hitman:Blood Money on release day, and foolishly misread the Min spec!  I needed to upgrade, but held off thinking I may need to upgrade again for Armed Assault.  

(hang on, I'll get to the point soon  )  wink_o.gif

So, unable to play i monitored the HitMan forum for a while and noticed that dozens and dozens of people were having a wide range of problems, like CTD, freezing and other such issues.

(here is the point )  smile_o.gif

When Hitman:BM hit the shelves it was jam packed with bugs and glitches.  It was a dreadful release.  I will be upgrading for ArmA and will buy the game.  But no way will I be running out to buy the game for at least two or more months.  I've waited so long for this, I want it to work correctly, out of the box.  If not, i want the required patched and fixes available straight away.

PS. please don’t take this as a BI or ArmA bashing rant. It's merely a hope that they won’t rush the game to the shelves (as they haven’t already!wink_o.gif.

PPS. This is probably the longest post I've ever done

It's weird, but I have never had problems with Hitman BM. Maybe my computer (self-built) is just more stable.

I know loads of guys who had real problems with BF2 also, but I never had any of those either... wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Estimated release date: Q3 2006

Source

Did anyone else notice this change? wow_o.gif

Umm isn't that still an unrealistic date? Cause Q4 is soon.

Quote[/b] ]Estimated release date: Q3 2006

Source

Did anyone else notice this change? wow_o.gif

yes, we already notice it, where have you been Tioner? we already talked about that..

But i believe they will release demo in september/october

Guest Ti0n3r

Ture. But it looks like the game is starting to shape up smile_o.gif

Ture. But it looks like the game is starting to shape up smile_o.gif

true, but like last year? smile_o.gif

NNoooooo. Sha, noooo. MUCH better than last year! I wonder what it'll look like NEXT year? nener.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ok this has got me soooo damn excited about GC

Quote[/b] ]<Placebo84>We're working on a new build for GC and you should see a lot of improvements there, graphically especially smile_o.gif

from armedassault.eu

Oh and anyone see IDEA's new game "Fish Fillets 2"?

Comon they shouldn't pick every poor developer off the street. crazy_o.gif

Too bad I can't visit that GC as it is just on the other side of Germany from where I live tounge2.gif