Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

The reason for all these delays is, well....

That I have a secret deal going on with BIS, and they are giving me time to save up some money so that I can get more RAM and a better GFX card, and once I tell them that I am ready, they will release the game...

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

So, all immigrate to Poland or Czech rep. then?

If they have a publisher there it's just a mather of exporting it, right? biggrin_o.gif

Hopefully some polish or czech online store could send it here then :P

Yeah, but the copy would probably be in Czech or Polish only, like OFp release here was.

Yeah, but the copy would probably be in Czech or Polish only, like OFp release here was.

In the interview with LEM (Poland) it was told, that they only use sub-titles for localizing. So a polish ARMA should work in other countries too.

S.D.

OFP Players are patient people. We can wait and we are happy about the good news concerning the improvement of graphics and especially the a.i.

(PS: I always liked the idea of BIS/Idea Games publishing it themselves)

I can not understand why they didnt priorize the search for a publisher. And by the way... there IS a simple way to do a global publishing for ArmA: Use Amazone for publishing und IDEA games for country specifications, production of DVDs, some online marketing and support for the press. A nice effect would be that IDEA can use this marketing system for the other games they support. Obviously its not a strength of IDEA to do a good job in negotiation with game publisher.

you must understand that with all these delays its starts to irritate lots of people (especially Core FANS).

Any core fan would prefer a finished game over a rushed game. Hell ive been sucking up literally all the info about ArmA there is and i am getting fed up with reading the same things over and over again in interviews/stuff, but you still dont hear me whining about a releasedate/demo ;)

No, but it makes this now 228 page long thread just vapourtalk.

If the 'right' attitude is 'lets wait for the properly finished game', then what is all this thread about?

You won't see me irritated but i'm a bit surprised that it takes so much time to find a publisher.

Of course now BIS can make the game (specs) better but how long does such an argument work? Not indefinitely. ArmA has to be published some time. What is wrong with NOW?

you must understand that with all these delays its starts to irritate lots of people (especially Core FANS).

Any core fan would prefer a finished game over a rushed game. Hell ive been sucking up literally all the info about ArmA there is and i am getting fed up with reading the same things over and over again in interviews/stuff, but you still dont hear me whining about a releasedate/demo wink_o.gif

No, but it makes this now 228 page long thread just vapourtalk.

If the 'right' attitude is 'lets wait for the properly finished game', then what is all this thread about?

This tread is IMO supposed to be about new facts* about ArmA, found in screenshots and/or previews/whatever kind of articles. Altough it usually ends up in useless specualtion about shoelaces tounge2.gif

*Facts as in 'this or that vehicle is in/feature x confirmed/etc

It was once said that H1 2006 was the 'target'.

The 'not readiness' has also to do with the 'no publisher yet' situation.

There easily could have been an ArmA NOW, if e.g. a publisher was found at the E3 2006.

As said, i don't mind, but for me the 'it is not ready' argument is not one of the strongest i have seen.

As said, i don't mind, but for me the 'it is not ready' argument is not one of the strongest i have seen.

Well, imo they dont even have to give an argument, they dont owe us fuck and they are the only ones who decide when it will/can be released smile_o.gif

Well, imo they dont even have to give an argument, they dont owe us fuck and they are the only ones who decide when it will/can be released :)

How true, but i wasn't referring to BIS when talking about the 'it is not ready' argument. No, a lot of folks on this board use that argument ... but do they know what's up inside BIS? ... Hmmm, i guess not.

Well, it's not like BIS has been sitting on their fat arses the past few months because the game was 'done', but they couldn't find a publisher. They've been adding stuff. Good stuff. smile_o.gif

Delay you say? Well bring it on, I say. I can wait another six months, as they will add stuff during those six months. No problem here. smile_o.gif

I can wait another six months

You are young, and optimistic. I'm old (gamerswise) and could be dead tomorrow.

:)

smile_o.gif

I'm not optimistic, not young and practically dead (gamerwise, not oh-my-ankles-hurt-I'm-getting-old-wise). Flashpoint is the only game I play these days - with the exception of the retro-urge every six-nine months or so and the odd indie-release. The only reason I've played it the last 4-5 months is Project: Flashpoint. But I'd rather want ArmA to come down in one big kablamoo than one year at a time, which has been the case with Flashpoint. smile_o.gif

Name: Vojtech Novak vojtech.jpg

Position: Designer

has opened a blog and it seems he and another guy are discussing arma game2, and in steps the head of idea games and largest single share holder of BIS slavomir pavilcek(sp?) december is mentioned but in what context i dont know lolk . well thats my translation lmao, anyone here speak czech and can translate it ?

source

I'd like to see how the Campaign is coming along, perhaps a mini trailer

smile_o.gif

Waiting for Duke Nukem Forever since its 1st announcement in 1997 require the fan to reach the "master" level of patience.

Compared to it, we are just required the "novice" level as we, fans, are just waiting since 2005 wink_o.gif

Name: Vojtech Novak

Position: Designer

has opened a blog and it seems he and another guy are discussing arma game2, and in steps the head of idea games and largest single share holder of BIS slavomir pavilcek(sp?) december is mentioned but in what context i dont know lolk . well thats my translation lmao, anyone here speak czech and can translate it ?

source

He is ex-BIS now. He says in one of the comments that he has got bet with someone that ArmA would not be released in this year after which SP (he will most probably be the publisher here) steps in and says that it would and it won't be in December.

I suppose that Czech release will come first so it might be possible (if the game is in publishable shape). Who knows... icon_rolleyes.gif

Waiting for Duke Nukem Forever since its 1st announcement in 1997 require the fan to reach the "master" level of patience.

I think the name should be changed to 'Duke Nukem (waiting) forever'

@Eda Mrcoch: So who's 'SP'? And did I understand correctly that somebody said ArmA should be released this year BEFORE December?!?  (Oh Please, Oh Please)

Edit: rephrased to limit some speculation

I think the name should be changed to 'Duke Nukem (waiting) forever'

@Eda Mrcoch: So who's 'SP'? And did I understand correctly that somebody said ArmA should be released this year BEFORE December?!?  (Oh Please, Oh Please)

Edit: rephrased to limit some speculation

SP means Slavomir Pavlicek that's head of "Cenega" (Czech publisher of ArmA). And yes, he said he's confident in ArmA release before December.

good news  smile_o.gif

Good news ?? where ? One says after Dec and other before Dec ? Who do you believe. And I hate burst the "patient Fans" bubbles but the game will still be release with bugs....lol...lllollooll