Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

did you guys notice? its awsome! wow_o.gif

i saw from one of the recent german movies (gc-commov (65mb)) and i could notice the changing of the color while he points to road and to white marks in road.. as if we could see it in the scope while 1st person view!

i really liked it!

IM PREATY SURE!

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I saw things (as colors, objects) trough the scope! while 1st person vieW!</span>(not V view)

check at the end of the movie! wink_o.gif

notworthy.gifinlove.gif

ps- sorry for my entusiasm

did you guys notice? its awsome! wow_o.gif

i saw from one of the recent german movies (gc-commov (65mb)) and i could notice the changing of the color while he points to road and to white marks in road.. as if we could see it in the scope while 1st person view!

i really liked it!

IM PREATY SURE!

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I saw things (as colors, objects) trough the scope! while 1st person vieW!</span>(not V view)

check at the end of the movie! wink_o.gif

notworthy.gifinlove.gif

ps- sorry for my entusiasm

I highly doubt this.

It looks just like an envmap to me. That's all. So it reflects the general color of the area, but nothing more.

I love the new screensshots and the release date in Germany of November 30th is making my mouth water. Was Operation Flashpoint and Resistance released all at once or were they released at different times for different nations/areas?

One thing I have trouble with is believing that we will be able to have hundreds of troops and weapons in a mission at once without everything bogging down. I guess Bis knows what they are doing but I'll believe massive battles on my P4 2.8 ghz with 1 gig ram when I see it. Hl2 and other games run smooth. Will AA? We shall know soon I think.

The game appears 80% to 90% complete from the screns and video we have all seen recently.

Sound: Any word on if they have bettered the sound engine on AA? My onboard 5.1s [motherboard] don't do much good. I can't hear copters or anything behind me at all ingame. I'm hoping for a new sound package but from what I've heard it sounds the same. sad_o.gif

I'm eagerly awaiting release in any case. yay.gif

I guess lots of sounds are placeholders.

BIS mentioned in an interview that the sound engine will be improved. Soundtravelling will be simulated in a much more realistic way.

Was Operation Flashpoint and Resistance released all at once or were they released at different times for different nations/areas?

Well at least in Poland we had to wait for about a year for the release of OFP:CWC and IIRC about a few months for Resistance. That's why we are very glad that when it comes to ArmA the first publisher announced was the Polish one - LEM. thumbs-up.gif

I think the game is looking great and looking forward to playing. Watched the video and was very impressed. The only thing that i can pick on is the part where a helicopter is hit on the ground and all the trees around seem to lower into the ground hope this will be sorted.

The trees fall over due to the helicopter blowing up. Still seems a bit CWCish to me, but damn, I can't stand playing OFP anymore when I've got so much AA footage! tounge2.gif

damn, I can't stand playing OFP anymore when I've got so much AA footage!  tounge2.gif

Arf... you too ! sad_o.gif

damn, I can't stand playing OFP anymore when I've got so much AA footage!  tounge2.gif

Arf... you too ! sad_o.gif

Arf, arf... me three biggrin_o.gif

Good preview of ARMA on CGM.CZ site... text is only in czech, but there is few new pics too...

Another gallery...

The envirioments are so lifelike and so pretty... i eremeber when gamestar.de was all like "this game is fugly, look at crysis, it's so much prettier then this crap". That Petra is probably turning in her grave right now.

Good preview of ARMA on CGM.CZ site... text is only in czech, but there is few new pics too...

Another gallery...

Yay, the T72 finally has a Commander Machinegun now! biggrin_o.gif

Or am I being a bit slow and we know that already... whistle.gif

OMFG!!! biggrin_o.gif

Check out that pic of the inside of (is that a BRDM-2?)...

Man that looks awesome... wink_o.gif

You can now pre-order Armed Assault on the German Amazon Website.

It isn't available on the UK site yet. Release 30th. November 2006

why has it been so hard for them to get a global publisher ?

you would think publishers would snap up the chance to release a game from people with such a high standerd and good track record for selling copies of OFP.

Anyone know if the multiplayer demo is getting any nearer to release ?

Quote[/b] ]Good preview of ARMA on CGM.CZ site... text is only in czech, but there is few new pics too...

Ohh yeah, thanks for Info !! Nice Screens.

does an English translation come???

Another gallery...

Yay, the T72 finally has a Commander Machinegun now! biggrin_o.gif

Or am I being a bit slow and we know that already... whistle.gif

Nope,every image of the T-72 up to this point had no machine gun,not even the one in the latest demo in the video's had it I think.. And yeah that BRDM interior is to die for,glad they kept interior..then again I can't tell if thats a passenger/cargo seat or not,either way,I hope they keep the interior for all of the ones inside of the vehicle. The change in tone of color for the water was a pretty good idea,I lived on Hawaii for awhile and thats pretty much how it looked. And I can't really think of any other wargame that would suit dynamic shadows so well.

does an English translation come???

I don't know if someone translate it to english.. my english is not good for that sad_o.gif

I think that it is one of the best preview of ARMA for now...