Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

Looks like there is USMC and US ARMY hmmm.

Where do you see Army? The only man with woodland camo is holding an M16A4, so he can well be a Marine who hasn't been issued MARPAT yet. True, he could also be an Army soldier with an M16A4, they have been used in small amounts by the Army, but considering how Marine-heavy every single other shot is I'm leaning toward him being a Marine. I'm going to assume the U.S units in OFP2 are USMC only for the moment.

Quote[/b] ]I was thinking/hoping a standalone that was ment to attract players seeing the new grafics.

The hell? OFP2 isn't the game event of the century that requires several standalone games to build hype up, you know. I've never even heard of such a marketing strategy, that's what demos are for.

Quote[/b] ]This is OFP2 for real bitches! Reconize!

The three 'Armed Assault' pictures surely aren't OFP2 unless BIS decided to go cheap and reuse all the objects and animations that they made from 2000 (check that ugly-ass M60 out! You can use it in OFP right now you know.). It's OFP Xbox, no doubt about it.

We'll just have to wait and see.  E3 should tell the tale; everything else is speculation wink_o.gif

From the screen shots posted on the OFP2 web site it looks like most of the newer shots are very beta judging by the terrain (ie., very flat and open or very tight screen shots of the russian tank, etc).  I read a comment from one of the BIS guys and he said "OFP2 is still in the first half of it's development cycle".  So, we have a ways to go yet before we see any media that will show any inovations or gameplay scenerio's.   Anything up to this point is still very developmental.

I dont know if in the light of current events and pics some of us were so excited we forgot one important thing , OFP2 just sh@t on every other warfare game that could compete with it , even graphic wise., the rest of the stuff ofcourse is an added punch like gameplay,large maps,modability and loads more.

Now look what BIS have done by releasing screen shots without a formal press release.... LOL

Now look what BIS have done by releasing screen shots without a formal press release.... LOL

lol but we would still be posting crazy ideas, just this time it would be about what BIS "Means" by their formal press release. lol biggrin_o.gif

So far my analysis on the situation regarding OFP2's competition or whatever those pathetic little game studios can muster  tounge_o.gif . OFcourse this is before all the eliteness BIS showers on us at E3.

GR3:

My god this game has gone from bad to worse ...  :-?

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/news/05/12/gr3_screen002.jpg

Crappy graphics (even though the devs have a polygon fetish and used over 20,000) = check

Most unrealistic texture job ever = check

Linear and strangled gameplay = check

image size adjustment = check

AmericasArmy:

919234_20050429_screen007.jpg

Crappy anims , even sanctuarys are better = check

CS wannabe gameplay = check

Small levels & no vehicle/air units involved = check

Battlefield2:

http://image.com.com/gamespo....003.jpg

Small levels no way comparable to OFP/OFP2 = check

Crappy woodland terrain detail = check

Very typical CS'que styled MP gameplay = check

Arcadish map/hud = check

Completely stupid weapons/vehicle distribution ingame (Havok for ME forces?) = check

image size adjustment AGAIN = check

Enemy in Sight

enemy_screen002.jpg

OFP XBOX anyone? graphics level up to it not OFP2 = check

Gameplay is unknown but seeing the usual trend i hardly expect it to surpass OFPs = check

Now we just need BIS to confirm that OFP2 will indeed have all the features of OFP1 minus its disadvantages and a few more extras plus with graphic upheavels and were all set to own those b*tches  biggrin_o.gif

Very in-depth report. And, I'm sure, completly unbiased.. biggrin_o.gif

That was a nice uber-explosion on g3 though.. Erm.. I'm-sure-BIS-will-do-better.... Can you take the pistol away from my head now Ace? tounge_o.gif

Looking at thos new screenies, my new name is:

"Operation Flashy: The Plastic Wars"

Its looks like George Lucas had his part to play here, with everything looking shiny and superficial as possible, forgetting the raw feel of his earlier star wars films...  DX9 madness I tells ya.

Nuff said....

I disagree, compared to the OPF twisted models with monkey hands and square backs, arms, etc these look smooth and alot more perfect, the face may look a bit fake but this is early work and im sure ingame, with expressions or lip sinc they must look incredible. Now i do worry about having 50+ of these with fully dynamic shadows and ragdoll physics running around blowing eachother up.

I hope the game is extremely optimised because most of all i worry about frame rates too smile_o.gif .

Oh and i partially agree with Ace, i think GR3 will be pwned again, but i must say the graphics do look somewhat pretty.

Enemy in sight looks ok but check those trees from the distance, doesnt have that special look to it and AA is just a buggy pos that keeps getting worse with every new adition.

OPF sequel should be alright biggrin_o.gif .

Infidel go back to your cave and play CS or whatever tounge_o.gif

That report was as un-biased as FOX's reporting ;) . I am just pissed frankly as to why games like these with a life span of 1 week make big headlines and are plastered all over Gamespot while they didnt even mention OFP2 in their E3 game list , PRICKS mad_o.gif .

Maybe its BIS fault for not putting up a good marketing/promo strategy i guess? Or not.

*Takes away guns from scrubs head and replaces it with a Laser designator*

EDIT: Ralph = comediene(sp?) check.

blues.gif

[Conspiracy mode - ON]

BIS dumped Codies cuz they are making weird standards and are somewhat in alliance with Ubisoft (Whom I disgust).

Why do I think this?

When Kegetys said in the "Make your OFP2 Screen" thread:

"Yo that sh** looks way too plastic"

Image of $plinter Cell 3 popped up in my mind cuz if anyone had played/seen a screenshot of $am Suck*** face it looks like OFP2 Pic that Jordan Dan Darek (?Ondrej And Marek?) posted first.

Witch could be sharing of techs between publisher/developer.

[Conspiracy mode - OFF]

And that "WAITING" text is probably guys from BIS testing OFP2 online and waiting for Placebo to finish shaving his legs. (Property of RalphWiggum) tounge_o.gif

EDIT: Translator didn't censor one of the Kegetys words tounge_o.gif

We should all count our blessings that games like GR2/3 and CS exist, without them there would be even more tossers playing OFP and generally making it shit for the rest of us.

Ironically one of the main features that people have been asking for in ofp2, join in progress, may be the one feature that will attract more idiots to the game - the fact people have to be organised to play ofp1 helps to weed out the type of player that we don't want.

Life sucks.

I can't complain at any of the screenshots I've seen so far, how many of us can code a game?

Now I'm just as excited as rest of you about this news, (and my project just went down the gutter thanx to moderating here whole morning) but please keep the forum rules.

no images over 100kb, no quoting of images. smile_o.gif

[Conspiracy mode - ON]

BIS dumped Codies cuz they are making weird standards and are somewhat in alliance with Ubisoft (Whom I disgust).

Why do I think this?

When Kegetys said in the "Make your OFP2 Screen" thread:

"Yo that shit looks way too plastic"

Image of $plinter Cell 3 popped up in my mind cuz if anyone had played/seen a screenshot of $am Suck*** face it looks like OFP2 Pic that Jordan Dan Darek (?Ondrej And Marek?) posted first.

Witch could be sharing of techs between publisher/developer.

[Conspiracy mode - OFF]

And that "WAITING" text is probably guys from BIS testing OFP2 online and waiting for Placebo to finish shaving his legs. (Property of RalphWiggum) tounge_o.gif

I am guessing a very bad online translator is responsible for this mess tounge_o.gif .

Where do you see Army? The only man with woodland camo is holding an M16A4, so he can well be a Marine who hasn't been issued MARPAT yet. True, he could also be an Army soldier with an M16A4, they have been used in small amounts by the Army, but considering how Marine-heavy every single other shot is I'm leaning toward him being a Marine. I'm going to assume the U.S units in OFP2 are USMC only for the moment.

M1A2 Abrams is not used by the marines.

STGN

i bet as soon as ofp2 comes out everyone will want to try download a no-cd crack (i am not referring to illegal use) but because to treat their ofp2 discs like god and want to keep it the best condition ever so they dont scratch or wear out the disc or risk damage in any way. sorry if ive broke any rules by saying that (cant help it i speak my mind)

I disagree, compared to the OPF twisted models with monkey hands and square backs, arms, etc these look smooth and alot more perfect, the face may look a bit fake but this is early work and im sure ingame, with expressions or lip sinc they must look incredible. Now i do worry about having 50+ of these with fully dynamic shadows and ragdoll physics running around blowing eachother up.

I hope the game is extremely optimised because most of all i worry about frame rates too smile_o.gif .

... i completly agree with you,

more to optimize: net code, AI, vehicle physics, animations, view distance, bla bla bla ... list would be 2 page long !

i mean, who see the soldiers face 300m away, #$%^&

... i completly agree with you,

net code, AI, vehicle physics, animations, view distance, bla bla bla ... list would be 2 page long !

i mean, who see the soldiers face 300m away, #$%^&

I do not want barbies boyfriend KEN staring down at me through my SVD's scope blues.gif .

it means he has "checked" or validated something i think it doesnt mean its from the country "czeck" if thats what u are thinking  biggrin_o.gif

Well, all these discussions are interesting and all, but they do not answer the only important question :

Will Guba be back ? wink_o.gif

Hehe, noones guessed what's happening with OFP's sequel, you'll all see tomorrow smile_o.gif

- Ben

No offense, Ace, but have you played GR3 or OFP2? Have you seen anything about either, other than modest (at best), probably pre-beta screenshots and small clips? Do you even know what features BIS is planning for OFP2?

No? Check.

GR3 and OFP2 are apples and oranges anyway. I don't like the way GR3 is shaping up, but it's kind of retarded to slam it before you've actually tested it. I don't even know what "image size adjustment" means ... care to enlighten me?

For OFP2 i dont need to play its a sequel to a game which already has a lot of strength in , i expect it to expand upon it thats it unless BIS cant manage such a simple task if thats what your assuming ...

Anything in OFP2 apart from all the stuff we have in OFP already will be considered extra by me and will be gladly accepted. We already know OFP its strengths/weaknesses so do probably IS they havent been on crack or something to not know. I expect improvement and logic says thats what we will see unless theres a complete 180 and BISsuddenly become some crappy developer with no knowledge of anything.

GR3's pics speak for themselves , the attention that game is getting and the way it is , many will agree its hyped up piece of crap. GR series have a tradition of their own specific gameplay which is very linear and not comparable to OFPs level of freedom and modability.

"Image size adjustment" .... Ralphwiggum can explain that better wink_o.gif .