Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

OFP2 and "armed assault" - what's up?

Nah, it's a VBS1 screenie (From folder of them I got from Coleman ages ago), and me shoving OFP terrain/viewdistance/objectLodBiosThing to full tounge_o.gif

Really shoulda got them the same angle or something *Sees "Offical" OFP-Xbox ones*.. or not ;) tounge_o.gif

Anyway.. Wonder if they'll be a beta playable thing at E3? Like with Halo 2, sevral months before release, people played it smile_o.gif </rumour starting> tounge_o.gif

- Ben

I don`t care that much about this early sreenshots. We have one year until armed assault will be released. They will invest much work in it until then. The only thing that count is the quality of the final produkt, and I`m pretty shure that it will look phantastic. biggrin_o.gif

All will be relevealed tomorrow at e3 biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

..everyone does know that I made that screenie up.. right..? rock.gif

i would love to see an ingame trailer where it has the humvees under attack and u see the tyres realistically puncuring and sliding out of contol and it lands on it sside and enemy tanks approach and they deform the land behind them in their trails and when you are running with soldier u can see sweat drips come off from you and googles steam up and its possible to trip up etc and when u crush cars with tanks it actually crumples in real time and the cars inks a wee bit under the sand? grass? biggrin_o.gif

I'd love to see the computer you'd need to run that biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

ineed, all will be clear after the E3, I hope we will get good news. And i hope it's like ofp.info thinks, 2 pc ofp games and 1 xbox ofp game.....

I'm gone dream further

cya guys tommorow....

I think what OFP2 needs is some kind of endorsement process for addons. Senior members of the community should decide what kind of addons become "official" addons. Then those addons could be included in future patches. So we would have a certain set of standard addons. That should stop addon makers from making stuff nobody wants and it might encourage them to work together and get some beta testing by mission makers before putting out their stuff.

WHAT the XXXX. that would be the worse Idear of all having some "senior" members sitting around apointing what would be official addons. First of all I think the only official addons should be the ones that are made by BIS. I don't wanna download and storage some addon just because somebody els liked it its not at all sure I will. What addosn is it that nobody wants if nobody wants it then it is not going to be made(no addon maker). some addons makers already work togther and some don't, people are different and just because working together sounds good on paper it might not function in real life. On this point OFP2 needs to excatly like OFP1 al sort of people making what they want, some want ww2 some nam, starwars, modern and all other imaginary things wnats to use OFP to play. I my self will be looking to a SIMS(Shoot em up) mod. biggrin_o.gif

STGN

I didn't have time to read through the whole topic, but has anybody thought about this.

The old pictures published about independence lost had USMC in it. And now we are watching at pictures where we see guys with MARPAT, AAVP-7, M1A1 HA, HMMVV, UH-1N, AH-1W? Maybe we are seeing pics of OFP2's expansion pack, which will be independence lost (you know there read's "delayed until OFP2")? And armed assault is the OFP2? smile_o.gif

Tell me what you think...

It's a fresh viewpoint, but releasing pics of an expansion when the game is a year from release is a bit unlikely I think. biggrin_o.gif You're right that there might be some connection to IL, as you said it was USMC too (there is no AH-1W in these new pics btw)...BI Australia's guys might have influenced the time setting and unit choice, they have done those units before.

The whole IL game in whatever state it was in is unusable now I assume, everything was made for the OFP1 engine with OFP1 standards. My guess is they postponed it for the OFP2 engine due to tech limitations or not wanting to release another OFP1 expansion. It could also have been merged with OFP2. If you recall, the time setting of OFP was changed from 1970's to modern day (The old VTV network TV -> the plasma TV and talk of modern war on terror). But these can't be pics from IL as we know it, IL was officially set in Indonesia and those pics are a bit too dusty for Indonesia I think wink_o.gif

The Armed Assault animation on flashpoint2.com, the grainy 1985 pics, is Ofp Xbox with a new name. It IS on a separate channel, it's 'another program from BIS', it didn't replace channel 1, just make it temporarily out of order. Go to ofpec.com for confirmation, those OFP xbox screens (they were hosted on the BIS server and are named XBE3) show the same soldier model as in the AA animation. Also the Black Op guy is holding an old OFP1 MP5, just like the AA guys are also using OFP1 weapons and vehicles.

In summary, Ofp:Elite (old xbox title) is now apparently Armed Assault.

My guess is that OFP2 will also be renamed, if the Codemasters logo has been pulled from the site and they have to use the new name AA for Xbox for copyright reasons then the name Flashpoint 2 should logically be a no go too.

Just take this all as idle speculation, it will all become clear when we hopefully get some official press releases from E3 wink_o.gif

I didn't have time to read through the whole topic, but has anybody thought about this.

The old pictures published about independence lost had USMC in it. And now we are watching at pictures where we see guys with MARPAT, AAVP-7, M1A1 HA, HMMVV, UH-1N, AH-1W? Maybe we are seeing pics of OFP2's expansion pack, which will be independence lost (you know there read's "delayed until OFP2")? And armed assault is the OFP2? smile_o.gif

Tell me what you think...

I think not, because IL was supposed to be like an expantion for OPF many moons ago, and the project was scrapped when they decided to start the VBS project, i actually remember pics of the Tarawa and the ground textures from what i think is core island on the IL site rock.gif .

But yeah, its cool they are using the Marines instead of the Army this time, makes more sense i think smile_o.gif .

I certainly hope they do not limit us to just the Marines. The U.S. Army has got an arsenal 10 times bigger than the Marine Corp. Hopefully we will have a little bit of everything. But then again, I don't care if they just give us the Coast Guard, I'll be happy just playing OFP2.

Monty

My guess is that OFP2 will also be renamed, if the Codemasters logo has been pulled from the site and they have to use the new name AA for Xbox for copyright reasons then the name Flashpoint 2 should logically be a no go too.

Just take this all as idle speculation, it will all become clear when we hopefully get some official press releases from E3 wink_o.gif

Flashpoint isn't copyrighted by CM. Suma told me a long time ago that these are copyrighted:

Operation Flashpoint

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis

Operation Flashpoint: Resistance

So OFP 2 might be called Flashpoint 2, hence the abbreviation FP2 for the screenies. But offcourse Flashpoint might be copyrighted by someone else.

[iANAL]

TRADEMARK

"Operation Flashpoint" is trademarked for any entertainment or computer products, derivatives, or supporting items in the US by Codemasters, UK.

(digging again at the copyright and trademark records, will update when I have the data...)

Not seeing "Flashpoint" in the singular sense as taken, although searching pending records is much more complicated, and I don't understand all the nuances of coverage.

COPYRIGHT

No relevant entries for "Flashpoint"; "Operation Flashpoint : Version 1.85" is copyrighted Codemasters, UK.

[/iANAL]

This might be alittle off topic, but I can't Bohemia Interactive in the list of Exhibitors on the E3 website...

Anyone with any info?

Bohemia Interactive a.s. this is how they are listed. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This might be alittle off topic, but I can't Bohemia Interactive in the list of Exhibitors on the E3 website...

Anyone with any info?

Hmm... found some leads on the a.s.... researching further...

-edit-

got it... smile_o.gif no news per say, just yet another umbrella enterprise. Different business structure, not sure on operating relationships yet.

Public records show two active corps...

Quote[/b] ]

Bohemia Interactive s.r.o (Spolecnost s rucenim omezenym / Limited Liability Corporation), inc. 1999

Quote[/b] ]

Bohemia Interactive a.s. (akciova spolecnost / joint-stock company), inc. 02/2005

(diacretical marks dropped as Ikonboard don't support them right)

That's as far as the records trail goes, but they've evidently got some pretty grand plans cooked up.

Speculation: (not analysis, advice, or in any related literally or figuratively to reality, etc-etc)

At least according to US tax law, there's some things that are simpler in an LLC/LLP for when you're small. Conversely, when you need to big-company stuff you need to use a heavy stock corp, regardless the size. Paperwork is much simpler for 'interesting', 'creative', 'scaled', or 'divided' operations, as well as holdings etc. Please bear in mind that I have no comprehension of Czech the language or the business law or tax code.

What does this all mean? No idea. The only data we have is that BIS a.s., not BIS s.r.o., registered for E3, and presumabley paid the cover tab as well. Interpolating all this though, the questions all track back to Where in Guba's name is Codies? BIS is looking to do something, and gut hunch is it's more than just play and peddle software. Going to a (private) stock corp gives them the legal and financial flexibility to do it too.

-insert-

The a.s. structure evidently has the basic marketing and development interests that the s.r.o. has, but adds IP management - aquisition - licensing, Systems consultancy, holding company role, and some manufacturing and services items that are more suited to a publisher than a developer. Why's that? The holding company role I think would be obvious, unless we're (I'm) chasing the carrot on a stick down the wrong blind alley. The other business activities are more murky... like the fuzzy filters on the leaked screenshots... more thinking required... brain hurting... implosion imminent...

-end insert-

Oh, and 1:15 hours until midnight the 18th and the E3 Expo. I'm not sleeping, are you? wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

-edit-

correction: +24hrs beyond that to Ep.III. Now if I spent as much time trolling raw dumps from R2-D2 as I did the information brokers of Eastern Europe... rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

Hmm... found some leads on the a.s.... researching further...

-edit-

got it... smile_o.gif no news per say, just yet another umbrella enterprise. Different business structure, not sure on operating relationships yet.

Public records show two active corps...

Quote[/b] ]

Bohemia Interactive s.r.o (Spolecnost s rucenim omezenym / Limited Liability Corporation), inc. 1999

Quote[/b] ]

Bohemia Interactive a.s. (akciova spolecnost / joint-stock company), inc. 02/2005

(diacretical marks dropped as Ikonboard don't support them right)

That's as far as the records trail goes, but they've evidently got some pretty grand plans cooked up.

Oh, and 2 1/2 hours until midnight the 18th, Ep.III, and the E3 Expo. I'm not sleeping, are you? wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Isn't that the 19th?

Don't know if this is reported yet, but the OFP2 page? is blank again...do i smell some change smile_o.gif ? Sorry if this has been noticed and reported before...i didn't follow the latest news anymore unclesam.gif

So is armed assault the title of the xbox version of ofp or ...?

I'm a little bit confused about the mass of information about the whole ofp2 thing  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

@ May 18 2005,10:16)]So is armed assault the title of the xbox version of ofp or ...?

I'm a little bit confused about the mass of information about the whole ofp2 thing  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I wouldn't call it information. Right now it's mostly a bunch of ideas, guesses and rumors.

Here is my reply to the guys over at OpFlashpoint.org:

"I don't get this... Who the freak said the name will be Operation Flashpoint 2: Armed Assault? It says NOTHING about that! I don't think those are OFP2 screen shots either. The screen shots you see currently on their website are two of the 3 games BIS will be announcing at E3. I don't think OFP2 screenies are up yet TBH.

Now, if I'm wrong (and I MAY be) and those ARE OFP2 screen shots, I will kill myself. Those are the kind of graphics you see on cheesy game trailers that look nothing like the real game.

Marek Spanel, and the information on the old Operation Flashpoint 2 website, stated that FP2 would be based on the VBS 1 engine... That looks nothing like VBS 1. The face details in VBS 1 kick the living sh*t out of the ones in those pics.

Bottom line: BIS LOVES to play mind games with us, simply because they want the reaction.... Guess what? They got it. Everyone is pissing their pants for no reason because OFP2 has yet to be revealed.

Also: I don't expect OFP2 to be revealed until the 3rd day of E3."