Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

I like EECP too Korky, but I also like Y2K3. As far as EECP improvements go, I think we'll have to wait for ECP 1075 to come out, and then for the new ECCP that is based on that.

Till then, there isnt much we can do.

Quote[/b] ]My question is: Is it possible to get ECP (1.071) to work fully compatible with Y2K3? If yes, how?

you mean that you want a total modification based on the ECP 1.071 ?

so easy, check Sanctuary and pappy tutorials , take the config.cpp of EECP , and let start changes by using the addons in the Y2K3, wink_o.gif

what does the error:

CreateIndexBuffer failed 8876086a - out of memory?

mean? how to solve

edit: and if i want to start again now:

Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter 0 (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460) Fullscreen

Resolution 1042x768, format X8R8G8B8/D24S8 refresh 60 Hz.

Error D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

what does the error:

CreateIndexBuffer failed 8876086a - out of memory?

mean? how to solve

edit: and if i want to start again now:

Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter 0 (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460) Fullscreen

Resolution 1042x768, format X8R8G8B8/D24S8 refresh 60 Hz.

Error D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

It means your AGP card ran out of memory to render OFP.Happens when too many units are in place or a monstrous polygon heavy addon is used in large quantities.

It means your graphic card cant handle what you asked it to do so next time dont do it  biggrin_o.gif  , i guess this came during a mission? Which was it , was it using Y2K3?

Ok that second error happens sometimes , happened to me too try restarting your PC or changing the resolution/refresh rate of OFP.

i found the culprit. it was this "new" nvidia driver in the general forums here, i tried it out. only annoying thing i have now is that i have two mouse signs and alt+tab does not work. mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

edit: i am keeping fingers crossed that it will not effect my Backup ofp folder. got the 66.93 driver again and removed all modifications on the flashpoint.cfg i made with the help of your post to improve quality

i found the culprit. it was this "new" nvidia driver in the general forums here, i tried it out. only annoying thing i have now is that i have two mouse signs and alt+tab does not work.  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

That usually happens when desktop and ofp settings resolution/refresh rate wise are identical , so it could be your driver or not.

how do i fix that.

i read avons tut, but that rivatuner did not work, nor does alt+tab?

and i remade all modifiactions made like i edited above

Simple just change the OFPs resolution/refresh rate to something thats not similiar to the desktop.

Quote[/b] ]My question is: Is it possible to get ECP (1.071) to work fully compatible with Y2K3? If yes, how?

so easy, check Sanctuary and pappy tutorials , take the config.cpp of EECP , and let start changes by using the addons in the Y2K3,  wink_o.gif

I feared this answer.

I know how to edit the config to fit for me I just hoped Pappy Boyington is gonna implement all the fancy ECP scripts into his Y2K3 conversion and save me a lot of time..... tounge_o.gif

Yes I have a dream... biggrin_o.gif

Simple just change the OFPs resolution/refresh rate to something thats not similiar to the desktop.

ok, gonna test it

so easy, check Sanctuary and pappy tutorials , take the config.cpp of EECP , and let start changes by using the addons in the Y2K3,  wink_o.gif

I feared this answer.

I know how to edit the config to fit for me I just hoped Pappy Boyington is gonna implement all the fancy ECP scripts into his Y2K3 conversion and save me a lot of time..... tounge_o.gif

sorry, too much work, and i have too little time.

Y2K3 used to be 100% ECP based but in 7.0 i did away with the 100% ECP for several reasons:

1: Performance (ECP is NOT computer freindly at all, and dont give me that "settings" bullshit either, that defeats the purpose of using the scripts)

2: conflicts with other scripts

3: i dont like ECP all that much anymore tounge_o.gif

but dispite my feelings toward them, i did use some of thier scripts such as AT backblast and blood, and flies, and a couple other ones. i also used the "AI blinding smoke" but honestly thats a joke concept cuz the AI can see thru ANYTHING.

getting off topic here but the other night i was playing a game (solo) and i died, so it kicked me to the auto spectate (with Y2K3) and i watched my AI partner attempt to avenge me right? so there he is on that testisland that the one guy made (its a barron island suppose to be post nuclear holocost) watched my AI partner lay down, with his M16 "lock on" to an enemy unit, and flawlessly followed him as he ran behind not one, not 2, but 5 buildings, and due to AI pathing it was NOT a straight shot, so dispite 5 buildings blocking the line of sight the AI followed the OPFOR as he ziged, zaged, doubled back, and ran out a side that NOONE could of predicted, and naturaly killed him in one shot. gotta love AI marksmen. hell theres been times when ive had AI not only see me thru a closed door... but SHOOT me thru a closed door. so no offense to ECP or BAS or whoever made this. but "AI blinding smoke" is a serious joke.

I feared this answer.

sorry, too much work, and i have too little time.

Y2K3 used to be 100% ECP based but in 7.0 i did away with the 100% ECP for several reasons:

1: Performance (ECP is NOT computer freindly at all, and dont give me that "settings" bullshit either, that defeats the purpose of using the scripts)

2: conflicts with other scripts

3: i dont like ECP all that much anymore tounge_o.gif

but dispite my feelings toward them, i did use some of thier scripts such as AT backblast and blood, and flies, and a couple other ones. i also used the "AI blinding smoke" but honestly thats a joke concept cuz the AI can see thru ANYTHING.

getting off topic here but the other night i was playing a game (solo) and i died, so it kicked me to the auto spectate (with Y2K3) and i watched my AI partner attempt to avenge me right? so there he is on that testisland that the one guy made (its a barron island suppose to be post nuclear holocost) watched my AI partner lay down, with his M16 "lock on" to an enemy unit, and flawlessly followed him as he ran behind not one, not 2, but 5 buildings, and due to AI pathing it was NOT a straight shot, so dispite 5 buildings blocking the line of sight the AI followed the OPFOR as he ziged, zaged, doubled back, and ran out a side that NOONE could of predicted, and naturaly killed him in one shot. gotta love AI marksmen.  hell theres been times when ive had AI not only see me thru a closed door... but SHOOT me thru a closed door. so no offense to ECP or BAS or whoever made this. but "AI blinding smoke" is a serious joke.

@Pappy Boyington

I understand that it takes much time to merge configs like the ECP and the Y2K3 config.

Still I think it would be worth to do it. I don't experience that much lag because of ECP. (Maybe cause my system is strong)

How about offering the community an Y2k3ECP version and a Y2K3 normal like 7.0?

The reason I'm asking for it is, that I think a lot of people would appreciate it and would have a choice.

As for me, I think that an absolute Ueber config would be the combination of Y2K3 with the new ECP 1.075!!

You said that the ver before were 100% compatible with ECP. Does that mean that Y2K3 6.0 was 100% ECP compatible? And if yes, how about updating that ver to ver 7.0? Would it be that much work?

Is there still a download link for the old 6.0 ver? Maybe I give it a try to update 6.0 to 7.0 keeping all the cool ECP stuff.

And about smoke blocking view of AI: I tested it several time and it worked very well! And that AI can shoot through walls or doors is not a bug created by the ECP guys it's a bug in the OFP engine itsself.

Bottom line: I understand that you don't like ECP that much anymore, but would you be so kind and offer once again an 100% ECP compatible version to people that don't feel the same way like you?

You have been proven wrong on this point several times in the past.

ECP is scalable.

ECP's scripts are no less efficient than anyone else's.

People have posted benchmarks to prove this.

I don't know why you keep insisting upon saying something that is blatently false.

Quote[/b] ]2: conflicts with other scripts

Perhaps you meant "potentially." Every script has the potential to conflict with another script that it was not designed to work with.

Quote[/b] ]i also used the "AI blinding smoke" but honestly thats a joke concept cuz the AI can see thru ANYTHING.

That is also false. Scripts like that work by placing geometry that the AI can't see through (but is invisible to the player) in the middle of the generated particles.

The AI can no more see through these faces than they can see through a tank.

Quote[/b] ]watched my AI partner lay down, with his M16 "lock on" to an enemy unit, and flawlessly followed him as he ran behind not one, not 2, but 5 buildings, and due to AI pathing it was NOT a straight shot, so dispite 5 buildings blocking the line of sight the AI followed the OPFOR as he ziged, zaged, doubled back, and ran out a side that NOONE could of predicted, and naturaly killed him in one shot. gotta love AI marksmen. hell theres been times when ive had AI not only see me thru a closed door... but SHOOT me thru a closed door. so no offense to ECP or BAS or whoever made this. but "AI blinding smoke" is a serious joke.

Could it be that some buildings don't have the proper LoDs to block the AI's line of sight? The CWC folliage blocks AI LoS, but the Resistance folliage does not because it is missing LoDs. To conclude that the AI can see through everything because it can see through some things is a bit of a leap, especially when any o2 documentation says otherwise.

You have been proven wrong on this point several times in the past.

ECP is scalable.

ECP's scripts are no less efficient than anyone else's.

People have posted benchmarks to prove this.

I don't know why you keep insisting upon saying something that is blatently false.

its true. for ECP to work on a normal computer, you change all the settings, to fity your PC, which means turn off blood, and AT back blast, and AI join player, and by the time ECP is playable... you have turned OFF 80% of the effects. which now you have defeated the purpose of ECP by turning it OFF. the point of scripts in a mod is to have them ON. not OFF.  blues.gif

why do i talk and noone listens?

Quote[/b] ]You said that the ver before were 100% compatible with ECP. Does that mean that Y2K3 6.0 was 100% ECP compatible? And if yes, how about updating that ver to ver 7.0? Would it be that much work?

Is there still a download link for the old 6.0 ver? Maybe I give it a try to update 6.0 to 7.0 keeping all the cool ECP stuff.

it would be a SHIT load of work. and im busy job hunting right now to worry about anything OFP. but the old version 6.0

http://www.edgefiles.com/files/16142.html

version 6.0 for you.

Quote[/b] ]Could it be that some buildings don't have the proper LoDs to block the AI's line of sight? The CWC folliage blocks AI LoS, but the Resistance folliage does not because it is missing LoDs. To conclude that the AI can see through everything because it can see through some things is a bit of a leap, especially when any o2 documentation says otherwise.

yes the CWC bushs are the ONLY thing that blinds AI. the buildings were AGS ones. but there was times on nogova, by the bridge where the hills are "rolling" and in this poor diagram ill show you..

\a/---\b/

now the hills arent that steep, but you get the idea. now B is the enemy soldier, a is myself. i ran over the hill and down into the "rutt" B soldier shot at me once, missed, and kept his rifel trained on me. i went to command veiw and watched B soldier. i ran left he followed left. i stoped. he stoped. i ran right, he followed right. i zig and zaged and the entire time he kept his rifel trained on me. in 1st and 3rd person veiw B soldier was not visable. and he followed me thru the hillside activly. and not the "phantom lock on" where OFP trys to anticipate where u ran, ive seen those personaly, and AI fall for it. but this wasnt a phantom target, phantom targets continue moving in one direction. that AI knew EXACTLY where i was the entire time. dispite about 8 tons of dirt and rock between us.

"o2 documentation says so"

oh well if its in writing then it must be true  blues.gif

Quote[/b] ]And about smoke blocking view of AI: I tested it several time and it worked very well! And that AI can shoot through walls or doors is not a bug created by the ECP guys it's a bug in the OFP engine itsself.

oh i dont blame ECP for "bugs" or anything, my beef with the ECP team is merely a personal thing amongst some of thier members, and thier overall additude. so yea i never said that was "ECP"'s fault,

its true. for ECP to work on a normal computer, you change all the settings, to fity your PC, which means turn off blood, and AT back blast, and AI join player, and by the time ECP is playable... you have turned OFF 80% of the effects. which now you have defeated the purpose of ECP by turning it OFF. the point of scripts in a mod is to have them ON. not OFF. blues.gif

why do i talk and noone listens?

No, that is not true. Benchmarks and other sorts of evidence have been presented in the past completely disproving that. Low end testing of ECP has always been a major priority because some of the team members have extremely low end systems by today's standards. I have personally used ECP on a Celeron 633 with a Radeon 7500 and experienced no problems whatsoever. My main system for 2 years was a dual PIII 1GHz and GF2 system. Again, no problems.

Interestingly, you seem to be the only one that experiences this terrible performance degradation. Maybe you should check to see if your computer is configured properly?

Quote[/b] ]yes the CWC bushs are the ONLY thing that blinds AI

Again, that is untrue.

Quote[/b] ]"o2 documentation says so"

oh well if its in writing then it must be true blues.gif

So... what is your theory on this? That people lied for fun? That BIS likes to make big hoaxes for the hell of it? Why can only the CWC folliage block AI line of sight? Are those models imbued with magical powers?

An object CAN block the AI's line of sight if it has the proper LoDs (offhand, I think it's the view geometry LoD that affects the AI's line of sight, but I am not certain.)

Quote[/b] ]oh i dont blame ECP for "bugs" or anything, my beef with the ECP team is merely a personal thing amongst some of thier members, and thier overall additude. so yea i never said that was "ECP"'s fault,

Wow. I'm sorry, but the only "attitude" that you've gotten from anybody is the result of you making false claims about ECP. I and other members of the ECP team have provided you with assistance when you've asked in the past. Nobody ever turned you away or insulted you.

Any problems you've had have stemmed from your very deliberate attempts to undermine ECP and paint it negatively in public. You have no right to complain about "attitude" when you refer to other peoples' work as "shit" and attempt to marginalize it at every opportunity. You'll notice that not one member of the ECP team has said anything negative about Y2K3 in public.

Quote[/b] ]oh i dont blame ECP for "bugs" or anything, my beef with the ECP team is merely a personal thing amongst some of thier members, and thier overall additude. so yea i never said that was "ECP"'s fault,

Wow. I'm sorry, but the only "attitude" that you've gotten from anybody is the result of you making false claims about ECP. I and other members of the ECP team have provided you with assistance when you've asked in the past. Nobody ever turned you away or insulted you.

Any problems you've had have stemmed from your very deliberate attempts to undermine ECP and paint it negatively in public. You have no right to complain about "attitude" when you refer to other peoples' work as "shit" and attempt to marginalize it at every opportunity. You'll notice that not one member of the ECP team has said anything negative about Y2K3 in public.

wow. your pyscic, i did not realize that. blues.gif

see if you could remove your head from your ass for 2 minutes you would know, that my problems with the ECP members where via MSN back when ECP was a brain fart from someones wild imagination. back when ECP had 3 members in it. since then their additude is a joke in the forums and thus feeding my rage here in the forums.

now im gonna kindly ask that you refrain from posting in my topic further. it seems like everytime you come around... theres an argument. and i would apprecate you stop trying to ruin this topic like your failed attempts in my 6.0 topic. i dont have time to deal with your bullshit over and over again. mad_o.gif

Pappy I have repeatedly asked you to stop talking about ECP as you're not capable of doing it without insulting them and their mod, I believe it's through bull-headed enthusiasm rather than deliberate malice but the fact remains you repeatedly put down and criticise the ECP mod, I've told you repeatedly that it's flaming/flame baiting but I've always tried to cut you some slack because as I said I believe the conflicts you get yourself into are through unfettered enthusiasm rather than malice.

However enough is enough, I'm PR'ing you for 24 hours, increasing your warning level by 1 and closing the Y2K3 thread for 1 week, and before you complain to me remember that I've cut you a lot of slack because I believe at the core you're trying to do good for the community. I would also strongly advise you from getting into arguments with people through PM's, if there are people or a group of people that you cannot get on with don't communicate with them.

Time to re-open, I hope that lessons will be learned from the past. I've decided not to delete posts in here, one would hope that people will regret enough their inappropriate comments and utilise the edit function.

Me Too Too!

I've learned a lot from this thread - glad to see it back in action...

Anyway - business as usual.... Stoopid questions we all want Pappy to answer (or Sanctuary, or T-Bird, et al...)

Has anyone seen the "helmet-flying-off-when-you-get-shot-in-the-head" addon that was released on ofp.info recently?? This seems to me to be a Cool Thing...

Apparently it can be "incorporated into any addon" which is an Even Cooler Thing..

Any chance one of the Resident Geniuses who hang around here could figure out how to incorporate this globally into Y2K3, so it would apply to ALL units?

Over to the clever guys.......

BushyL

Yep , I've already talked with kylsarnik about that but it seems a little bit complicated to do that sad_o.gif

The problem is that a model must be built with a helmet in hidden selection (that is the case of the KMM international soldier the "flying helmet" addon is using) , allowing by config work to hide or show it (using an action "remove/put helmet" menu by example)

And there are very few addons using soldier that can remove their helmet with hidden selections.

Y2K3 use Hyakushiki and Orcs soldiers.

And HYK soldier models are not built like this, and most of the ORCS ones have no hidden selection for the helmet too.

So you can't add this flying helmet feature when modifying your Y2K3 config

and no offense to the creator of that script, which is very uniqe and creative, i really dont see the point in implimenting it.

first the helmet doesnt always come off when u die. and secondly.. its bad enough with tank fragments laying around and smoke billiowing from the dead tanks... do we really want 90 or 100 helmets laying around too?  wink_o.gif

its just my opinion, and as you all know im very opinionated.. and stubborn to boot  tounge_o.gif

Edit: i suggest sanctuarys new animation pack too replace the current one in your Y2K3\DTA folder smile_o.gif