Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Then the Edgefiles pack may have been corrupted ... I do have v7 and still those two errors ...I'll try to fix the BAS one

BAS_Weap was also only 215k instead of 20606  rock.gif

Replacing files fully fixed this issue - Again wonderful work smile_o.gif

Here are the CWC islands with Res textures: ofp.info mirror

and here with both Res textures and objects: ofp.info mirror

I currently use the second one, had no problems yet, but I haven't tried the campaigns.

That's excellent - thanks so much for the links. Good ol' ofp.gamezone.cz. They always have the required addons.

Thanks again!

"Options", "Difficulty", second line from bottom gives the option to turn off tracers.

smile_o.gif

edit: good on yer, Skypine, you bit me to it!  Simultaneous posting across the miles eh?

Yes, it was a silly question - thanks to you both.

Edit: I've been playing this game for years now and never noticed that option! crazy_o.gif

I remember reading with Wolf's tracers that the rifle tracers actually had to be switched to "on", because he had replaced the stock tracers with 'transparent' ones. That was counter-intuitive and had to be addressed. If you switched it to "off", you would get both the yellow laser beam and the big green ball tracer from Wolf. (double tracer)

Fyi i did not replace the stock tracers in my addon TracerFX. But other people have implemented my tracers in their addons/mods to replace the standard ammo based tracers for different weapons/units. All my addon is doing is creating tracers with the drop command and this does not affect the ammo based tracers of different weapons/units in any way. If you see ammo based tracers and my drop created tracers at the same time even if you have tracers switched to "off" in the game difficulty settings its not my addons fault but the fault of the addon for the weapon/unit that is being used, ie the default ammo based tracers for that particular weapon/unit is configured so that it can´t be switched off or just configured wrong for some reason.

/wolfbane

Is this using ECP?

It uses ECP effects, etc. but most all of the files have been incorporated into the Y2K3 mod folder. If you don't have ECP installed you just need to install the extra file as mentioned on the first page (87kb) so you don't get error messages when you eject.

Weird thing happened tonight! I have or i should say" had" my old origional Y2K3 mod folder(old version) that as been working since the day Y2K3 came out.Just downloaded the latest version and installed to a separate mod folder renamed Y2K3v7.Everything ok i could run each version one at a time .That is untill today! My origional Y2K3 folder as dissapeared and with custom addons for my custom configs it ammounted to 900megs.I've just run a virus scan with my norton and nothings turned up.The only thing i have done is play about with the noe pbo so as to replace it with the new mapfact nogova witch i did but have now reverted back.Now i am thinking what the ****s goin on.It's a good job i have got a backup of my flashpoint folder! cos now things are back as they were.Go figure it for yourself i'm ****ed if i know what went on!! :angry:p s what's LOCKE_OrgobjMatDef pbo. pps forget the angry bit (hit the wrong buton) rock.gif

Hi Guys Great work,

But, I'm having problems, when I open the premade exe file it says BAS_AirWeap requires bis_resistance, I press OK and it opens as usual but then there is the Y2K3 background but no Single Player Campaign etc and in the background is a screen showing desert island just bobbing up and down? rock.gif Have I done something wrong?

Hi Guys Great work,

But, I'm having problems, when I open the premade exe file it says BAS_AirWeap requires bis_resistance,...

Silly question but do you have Resistance and patched it up to 1.96?

Hi Guys Great work,

But, I'm having problems, when I open the premade exe file it says BAS_AirWeap requires bis_resistance,...

Of Course tounge_o.gif

Hi Guys Great work,

Hi to resolve this problem you may convert the bin to cpp and find this lines

Quote[/b] ] class WeaponBIStudio

{

list[]={"LaserGuided","6G30","Kozlice","G36A","MM1&a

mp;q

uot;,"Steyr","Bizon","XMS","M41a",};

and you may change that to

Quote[/b] ]list[]={"LaserGuided","6G30","Kozlice","G36A","MM1&a

mp;q

uot;,"Steyr","Bizon","XMS","M41a","bas_repair

h","BAS_AirWeap","bis_resistance"};

after that you convert the cpp to bin and it'll work without any problem

smile_o.gif

Use

tags instead of 
tags when writing several lines of config codes or scripts.

The ofp forum is killing lines of codes when used in a

tag as you can see

Quote[/b] ]Hi to resolve this problem you may convert the bin to cpp and find this lines

crazy_o.gif NOOOOO. you NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EEEEVVVVEEERRRR convert a bin to cpp for editing. EVER

every single version of Y2K3 ever released has an editable version of the config in the Y2K3\Bin\OFPY2K3\Configs folder for you to edit.

besides tbird.. that wont fix his problem, his problem is his O.pbo is not loading. which means his Res folder isnt loading for some reason.

second about the BAS error... ok i checked my installed version and it looks like the installer did something to the BAS_weap.pbo unless i modded it for personal use and forgot about it, i can never tell with me. but anyway i too have that 215kb file in my Y2K3 addons with no other version installed. yet i dont get that error? rock.gif i dont know why the file is like that, but its not givin me any error. crazy_o.gif

LOCKE_OrgobjMatDef pbo makes most of the addons used in Y2K3 all shiney and purdy like smile_o.gif

For anyone not lucky enough to have access to broadband.....on 56 k......the download should take somewhere around 40 hours! tounge_o.gif

I'm about to waste a good semester of internet access, (before the uni semester even starts!) to download this!  biggrin_o.gif  sad_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

So this better be good!

for those who are getting the bas weapon error

Just delete your old y2k3 mod folder and download the new one!

Doing this fixed the error message on 2 pc's here on our work LAN.

----

on another note, pappy whats the chances of incorporating the new MAAM V1.3? or is it too much work?

many thanks again, on such a nice set of replacement units ;)

cheers

.sub

Just found my Y2K3 folder that "disapeared".I must have accidently draged and dropped it without knowing it.It turned up in my worlds folder.The moral is don't mess around with flashpoint directory when you are drinking beer wink_o.gif

[snipped instructions to put broken addons into the preload section of the game config]

Don't ever do this. This is very bad. Instead open the addon in question, edit the config of the addon and put the needed dependencies into the requiredAddons[] array in the configpatches section. And if the addon has a requiredversion below 1.85 then bump it to 1.85.

And notify the author of the addon so he can fix those errors too in the next version.

Very nice new Version I must say - and no errors so far for me.

Glad you continued Y2K3. I hope you go on with it!

Quote[/b] ]Hi to resolve this problem you may convert the bin to cpp and find this lines

crazy_o.gif NOOOOO. you NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EEEEVVVVEEERRRR convert a bin to cpp for editing. EVER

Sorry I didn't know that you've put a cpp config with it... smile_o.gif

Here are the CWC islands with Res textures: ofp.info mirror

and here with both Res textures and objects: ofp.info mirror

I posted these links a few pages back and just realised that there is an updated version of Everon with Res objects and textures, where some trees on the airport were removed to prevent AI from crashing and some other bugfixes.

Since there seems to be no mirror available I uploaded it to Rapidshare. High-Res Everon updated 30 days hosting

I posted these links a few pages back and just realised that there is an updated version of Everon with Res objects and textures, where some trees on the airport were removed to prevent AI from crashing and some other bugfixes.

Since there seems to be no mirror available I uploaded it to Rapidshare. High-Res Everon updated 30 days hosting

Excellent! I was also finding this difficult to source.

Cheers!