Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

I've had problems with O.pbo before and I have just installed OFP after a reformat so.....I'm stuck really cheers for the idea though Mate smile_o.gif

-DuckRat-

nice job, but there are some things i dont like

-how can i change the color of tracers for east side? i hate this green

-why some units dont have tracers?

-can you add in your script a random value to make not all bullets ricoche? something like 1/10-15, i think it would be more realistic

-is it possible to add a glow effect on tracers when you use nvg?

you cant change the tracer colors. and green is the soviet weapon tracer color (AK47, 74, ect ect)

some units dont have tracers becuz as addons they have their own evenhandlers thus the game's EH has no affect on them

its not my script

again, its not my script.

o.pbo problem try reinstalling it form teh disk

data errors. one of two things can be tried here. one is turning hardware T&L either on or off depending on the setting. or just remove the data and data3d.pbos from the Y2K3\DTA folder and install your own sky mod or use default sky and nvg

Would it work if I was to take out all the config.cpps / config/bins from all the addons in the y2k3 folder?

Then I wouldnt have a messy mission editor selector too right?

I was thinking about that too.

I would like to heard about that please.

Regards.

@CERO.

ok first off all yall having the same exact signature is confusin the fuck outta me crazy_o.gif

second. removing the configs from all the addons (or renaming it to anything other then "config" would work.

but if u download a mission that requires BAS_derad or hyk_sol and you go "oh hey i got that addon.. click.. "missing addons?" wtf?" so keep that in mind.

Has anyone got any idea what's causing this data read error??

Has anyone got any idea what's causing this data read error??

no clue. i had this problem myself at one point. when i installed OFP on my laptop i thought "well ill just burn data.pbo and data3d.pbo to a disk and install it on my laptop...

booted up the game every otehr model was a (magic) error.

copy and pasted the EXACT setup files for the custom sky/nvg/moon pack and install them on my laptop.. ran the installer and BAM worked like a charm.

same flashpoint. same verision. didnt like the same file. so mabe your OFP doesnt like my OFP crazy_o.gif

Re-installed Y2K3. don't get the error anymore, just a CBT when I try and run a mission.

edit- Every time I put an infantry unt into the editor i get a missing p3d file error and I just loaded a Russian boat n got a CBT.

Hi DutchSoldier! I can help you with (some) of your questions...

Take the pressure off Pappy a bit...

Here's a new config with the AH1 replaced exactly as it was in the original game... (Well, the original model and machine gun have been restored - I left in the Y2K3 sounds) - get it at this link...

http://home.freeuk.com/paulpelosi/Y2K3config.bin

What you do is to go into your Y2K3\Bin folder... rename the config.bin file you'll find there to config.binBAK (in case you want to go back to the new chopper sometime in the future). now paste in the file you've just downloaded and change it's name from Y2K3config.bin to plain old config.bin

That's it... Original BIS AH1 is back in all it's "glory"...

As for the explosions... I think Pappy uses GMR explosions along with some other funky FlashFX and other stuff in Y2K3, but all that stuff is way over my head, so you'll need to hope that some passing genius like Pappy, Thunderbird or Sanctuary decides to help you out there...

Hey - I'm a noob too... one question outa three ain't too bad

tounge_o.gif

i use GMR explosions for everything EXCEPT the orginal BIS fuel station which is flash fx effect. cuz its a fuel station thus it needs a huge explosion.

the plane exploding into burnt black peices if a flashfx effect and i opted out of that one due to the lag you get when it deletes and adds in the 20 or 30 peices.

@bushlurker, its no biggy; im glad you helped him out for me but i would apprecate any personalized config tweaks like that to be done via PM. its not that big a deal just a personal preferance smile_o.gif

awesome man; but now the exploding bodies are back sad_o.gif

Could u chnage that to in that config u just posted rock.gif

And how do u open config.bin anyways???so i can try it!

pappy, great mod. I love it. However (and you probably didn't see this one coming!) it lags my computer to no end. Is it possible to have a "basic" config file, one without any added effects besides the tracers or perhaps the effects that don't have a lasting effect on the game world? As much as I love burning tanks, get a couple of em together and perhaps some burning buildings and it starts lagging my computer down to <10 fps. Usually I wouldn't even bother and uninstall it but I can't seem to bring myself to part with this one; you did a really great job bringing all those units together. cheers!

you can do this yourself.

go to your Y2K3\Bin\OFPY2K3\Configs folder.

find the "no exploding bodies" or NxB config file. open it with note pad and search for "eventhandler" then delete all the "hit" and "killed" eventhandlers for tanks, helos, men all that.

leaving the "Fired" and "init" eventhandlers should leave in the desired "short lasting" effects that you like. like AT backblast and tracers.

@dutch soldier: you dont open config.bin's that is precisly why in the above mentioned path ("go to your Y2K3\Bin\OFPY2K3\Configs folder") you will find editable configs. the one labled "NxB" is the No eXploding Bodies config. and there is where you edit stuff for your own personal preferance. smile_o.gif

thanks for the quick reply, pappy. I can't seem to get flashpoint loaded with your custom .cpp file, however (after renaming it to config.cpp and putting it in the \bin folder). Even without altering anything in it, it gives me an error message saying

config.cpp/cfgvehicles/allvehicles.eventhandlers: undefined base class 'ECP_Eventhandlers'

you dont load it as a .cpp file.

you convert it to a .bin using the cpp2bin tool found on ofp.info. then renamed the converted file to "config"

I have noticed them, just by mesing about in the mission editor, I noticed while firing from a helicopter, and then they seem to be in all of them, I'm not bother, they look quiet nice, but don't get confused, you are not seeing things, and they are not UFOs biggrin_o.gif

Regards.

@CERO.

those are wolfbanes tracers. they are too big to be rifel tracers so i put them on helos and tanks. they look very nice there smile_o.gif ESPECIALY from the shilka biggrin_o.gif

Yes, they are a bit wide. I really like the way they go from white hot to red hot in the distance. Oh bloody hell, listen to that, I've bben playing OFP too long! tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Re-installed Y2K3. don't get the error anymore, just a CBT when I try and run a mission.

edit- Every time I put an infantry unt into the editor i get a missing p3d file error and I just loaded a Russian boat n got a CBT.

Anyone know what's wrong?

I notice a lot that when I'm an infantry and I say shoot a burst at the ground infront of me, wolfbane's tracers appear at my gun. Even when normally shooting into the air I see the tracer at my gun's barrel.

Obviously the tracer script is being execd for the infantry units, or at least the player's infantry unit.. Any way to fix it?