Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Do you mean the version 1.5 patrol,or version 1.5 regular? I personaly have got the patrol one it's ace

either one. im using the patrol version, but its got some minor issues like the "gun on back" and "sitting" animations if ur unarmed or have a pistol it looks weird having the guy pretend to carry a rifel. otehr then that it is very nice

I LOVE this thread!

I wander in and make a dumbass suggestion 'cause I like the idea of shooting somebodys hat off... within a coupla hours T-Bird tells me it's a bit tricky, so forget it... Sanctuary leaps that language barrier and explains exactly why it's tricky, and Pappy brings it down all to earth by reminding me that 100 spare helmets kicking around the place will play havoc with my framerate...

I stand corrected... shooting peoples hats off is probably A Bad Thing...

Gimme a few minutes... I'm sure I feel another dumbass question brewing.... biggrin_o.gif

PS - I've been checking out all Sanctuarys excellent replacement Anim packs - totally excellent that he's not afraid to improve, update, improve and update again until he's happy with it - and THEN give us a choice of final packages.... I'm going for the patrol one... the only time you see shouldered weapons is on a parade ground!

OK - I'm off to look for a convenient bush to lurk under until I think of something else stoopid to ask

C ya guys, and thanks for the replies...

B

ok folks one of these days im thinkin of hosting an MP server for day thats Y2K3 based. but before i can do that i need missions! i need the following:

Coop Missions 2+ Players on the following islands ONLY:

Everon

Malden

Kolgjev (did i spell that right?)

and Desert Island.

i want them on BIS islands only and i want missions that are NO ADDONS REQUIRED.

once i get enough missions, ill plan a date for hosting smile_o.gif also keep in mind not all of us have fast computers so try and keep that in mind as your mission hunting.

i did for awhile.. unfortunitly they dont have "catagorys" that i saw. that put all the non-addon missions in one group, all the coops in one group so on and so forth, from what i can tell they have single player and multiplayer. ctf, cti, coop, dm, tdm all in one group with 45 pages to go thru. sad_o.gif and no search function to even enter in a "no addons" term to help search.

i spent about 2 hours goin thru the first couple pages finding no addon missions.. i found like 4 or 5 and gave up after that.

back to the subject, i also ask that anyone sending missions.. if you could bundle them... or at least bundle the links in your PM. i dont want to have 9000 messages in my inbox (or even posted in teh forum) with just one mission. try and get at least 2 or more when messaging me. and dont be offended if i dont reply back, i suspect ill get a large bulk of PMs from this request. you can post your replys to missions here in the topic or PM, either or works for me smile_o.gif

I DL'ed this and installed it. It works great. I am really impressed.

However, I keep getting problems loading somethings saying there are missing .Data files and a few other things.

Is this a problem with my DL or am I missing something?

Also where do the extra files go ?

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks wink_o.gif

remove the data3d and data pbo files along with the hwtl folder from your Y2K3\DTA directory. and i suggest the llumax sky pack and run it yourself.

what happend there is i made that pbo files ready to go, but what i didnt realize is that each game is inherintly differnt... for instance when i used those data and data3d files transfered directly to my laptop.. i got hundreds of "missing files" errors dispite the fact it workes like a charm on my desktop. so apperntly every game's data and data3d files are differnt.. how? i do not know. so remove them and run your own skypack installer (i personaly suggest a combo of kegetys, unsung, that new rain (who?) and max's night sky) if u cant find all those or dont know what ur doing, then i suggest llumax sky pack wink_o.gif

Thanks for your work on Y2K3 Pappy - it really breathes new life into stuff like the Retaliation and PMC Fury/Command campaigns.

Have you thought of upgrading the extra weapons like the FAL, G3, Uzi, Smith & Wesson, Remington etc? I think these are buried in the O.pbo or the BIS_Weaponpack.pbo, so it might be tricky (using a .bat installer to either replace the models or just replace the config to point to an external .pbo).

It would be great to get snazzy new models for these though. DKM and Kabal both have a nice FAL (the Falklands mod one looks very nice too), and OFP Turk Union have a nice G3.

Cheers,

CH

im playing the PMC Fury Campaign and the missing addon mpiv_weapons_aircraft is holding me back.

Any solution?

Pappy,how did you get the front seat passenger in the jeep to stick his knee out and hold his rifle pointing up at an angle! It's just that i have changed the jeep model to a cbt hummer,and the front seat passenger's knee and rifle are sticking out a bit.I have already tried to replace the jeep co driver anims,but with no effect.I presume it is a line somewere in your config!

Pappy,how did you get the front seat passenger in the jeep to stick his knee out and hold his rifle pointing up at an angle! It's just that i have changed the jeep model to a cbt hummer,and the front seat passenger's knee and rifle are sticking out a bit.I have already tried to replace the jeep co driver anims,but with no effect.I presume it is a line somewere in your config!

yea it is.  search for

class Jeep : Car

and change

cargoAction[]={"ManActJeepCodriverMTP","ManActJeepCoDriverBack"};

to

cargoAction[]={"ManActJeepCodriver","ManActJeepCoDriverBack"};

about mpiv_weapons_aircraft missing addon thing.

open up your editable config found in

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Y2K3\Bin\OFPY2K3\Configs\  (choose exploding bodies or no exploding bodies effect, which ever you used. exploding bodies is default)

open it with notepad and scroll to the EXTREME BOTTOM where you will see

class GMR_exploMOD

{

list[]={"(lots of addon names here)"};

};

now add

,"mpiv_weapons_aircraft"

after the "bn_tracers" and before the closing }  then save it and use the cpp2bin tool found n ofp.info and bin it. then rename it to Config and move the Config.bin into your Y2K3\Bin folder and problem solved smile_o.gif

love the mod biggrin_o.gif but where do u put the extra files at dont know where to put them also do i need them if i dl the full 7.0 rock.gif

"Extra file installer" should install a folder called @ECP in your OFP directory with 3 script files in them. yes you do need them becuz dispite all my efforts somewhere, somehow there is smoething that requires those freakin script files crazy_o.gif

man all man iv just started from didly and iv got problems i cant instal this mod now i get this error no entry cfgworlds sad_o.gif  what do i do of got goty editon it starts out 1.85 and i dl the 1.91goty then the 1.96finel and i get this plz help me instaled it about 9 times sad_o.gif

the desktop shortcuts are only made for the path C:Programm\Codemasters\.......

you have to change that path to your directory where ofp is installed

i did, what i did is dl 7.0 then whent to bin where shotcuts are and then opened up the flashpont dictionary and put the shotcut over the ofpr is that right or where do i put the shotcuts on too. there is ofp and resistance ofp the ofp is 1.45 and the resistance is 1.96 now how do i do it where do i put the shortcuts at on witch one man iv did it befor but no i haveing so much truble sad_o.gif and when i put the shotcut in to dictionary i get this to "the driver or network connection that shortcut ofp y2k3 1.96 final patch lnk refers to unavabil"

i think goty is diffenrt when it comes to patchs and install paths. take your default 1.96 patch that u use to boot up ofp. and change the target path by right clicking and choosing properties.. at the end of the target line add

-nosplash -nomap -mod=Y2K3;

i like this mod, but the exploding bodies are ugly, they can be removed have i seen.. ehm, i like the idea of a cd player in the cars, but it's crap that you cant turn it off it you dont like the track, or change.. the tracers are ugly, i hate them. can they be removed? if i want to place the 4 civ cars in my own mod, private, how do i do that? only they who have music.

sometimes it works sometimes it dont. its weird. its suppose to take like 5 to 10 seconds when in reality it could take up to 5 minutes crazy_o.gif

Pappy, excellent addon, really pushes my new laptop to it's limits but I'm loving playing Resistance again with the new units.

However, what install path should I use for the extra file installer. The default puts it into my Operation Flashpoint directory. Is this the right place or should it be in the Y2K3 directory as it's not clear in your first post as to what to do with it.

Thanks