Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Small point but it's irritating so has anyone noticed the following?

If you come across an enemy vehicle with their crew turned out of the hatches, it is easy to take out the gunner/commander but near impossible to hole the driver (even if you're a meter away and using a scope)!

Is this a recent addition to difficulty??

BIS tanks were the same way. the reason for this is, that the driver sits with his face just barely eye level with the tank. so only about 2 inchs of him is showing. with that in mind the hit lod's which deflect those bullets have about a 5 inch buffer, like if u shoow a lil above the tank the bullet will be stoped

Lol this has been discussed quite a bit allready. It would cause confusion and the addons are from 2003 not 2005. tounge_o.gif

BIS tanks were the same way. the reason for this is, that the driver sits with his face just barely eye level with the tank. so only about 2 inchs of him is showing. with that in mind the hit lod's which deflect those bullets have about a 5 inch buffer, like if u shoow a lil above the tank the bullet will be stoped

When you say 2 inches above the optics, I'm guessing you mean in real life Papi? Because in game, the guys head is completely out of the hatch.

I've found the only way to eliminate the driver is to gain a higher vantage point and to shoot down in the hatch. This would match the realism scenario - albeit not visually.

Ok, again, does anyone know what the hell to do to get OFP working again before I search for an older version that works?

Lol this has been discussed quite a bit allready. It would cause confusion and the addons are from 2003 not 2005. tounge_o.gif

hence y2k4 smile_o.gif i dont know if anything new came rolling out in 04 but still >.>

hence y2k4 smile_o.gif i dont know if anything new came rolling out in 04 but still >.>

oh kay doe kay.

i talk and nobody listens (well some of you do) blues.gif

so we are gonna try this AGAIN.

First Off: the mod is called Y2K3 for the same reason INV44 is called INV44. this mod isnt about the year it was made or the year you were born or the year you lost your virginity...

its about the year these units were in service. there is no HYK Soldiers (04) thier HYK Soldier ('03). this mod is about modernizing a 1985 era game to a Y2K era. i picked 2003 since that was the most modern that current addons came. so i firmly planted the mod era @ the year 2003 AD

Second Off: Operation Flashpoint Year 2003 (Y2K3) is currently the most popular Total Conversion/Unit Replacment. with Flash FX Unit Replacment (FFUR) following closely in second and Enhanced Enhanced Configuration Project (EECP) in third. when someone sees a screenshot or news post or a forum reply that says "Y2K3" they automaticly think of this mod. i dont want to see someone go "oh check out the Y2K4 mod!" and someone say "you mean nogova 2004?" and them reply "no i mean it used to be Y2K3 but now its Y2K4"

and Third Off: look at the GUI, look at my website, some of my screenshots, my signature, and hundreds of images you dont know about. do you have ANY idea how hard it is to edit hundreds and hundreds of images just to change 1 digit?

any questions? no? good. blues.gif

yay downloading from

Filefront.com

starting time 25.32h now

44% and only 13.56h left of downloading in 6.6 KB/sec

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

yay downloading from

Filefront.com

starting time 25.32h now

44% and only 13.56h left of downloading in 6.6 KB/sec

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

*|makes a cup of coffee and some doughnuts for you|* we thank you for holding a representive will be with you shortly tounge_o.gif

Hi deathsai

so if you wanna an old version , you can get the Y2K3 6.0

or if you wish to play to play to your missions or campaigns using the units of 1980-1985 era , just check the Thread here

Cheers

smile_o.gif

wow stil downloading

53% and 10h to go now

going realy slow must be this filefront site right?

if i download from fileplanet or any site like OFP Base i get abut 70-90kb/s now i get 6.4 yay this is bad

Hi all. I've been going through the Resistance campaign with Y2K3 and have come across the following error message:

missing addons: mpiv_weapons_aircraft

It's about the 10th mission and the game just crashes out to the main selection menu when it tries to load the next scenario.

HAs anyone come across this? Any ideas which might help?

Thanks!

im not sure if this would work as i haven't tried it yet but, did you try downloading marco polo's apache pack and install that into your y2k3 addons folder and see what happens?

I get the same message, missing addons: mpiv_weapons_aircraft

However, I get it when trying to play the addon campaign PMC Fury (which is not supposed to require any addons, so I thought it would work fine with Y2K3). The PMC Fury campaign played perfectly with Y2K3 version 6.0.

I have not played the Resistance campaign yet with Y2K3 7.0, so I dont know if I will get the same message around mission 10, as you did.

i dont get it

mission 10 works fine whit out any problems

just go to campaign window and press shift numpad minus (-) and write campaign then try mission 10 no problems

oki it is cheting but hey just whanted to healp

Quote[/b] ]mpiv_weapons_aircraft

editable config (found in Y2K3\Bin\OFPY2K3\Configs)

add

,"mpiv_weapons_aircraft"

(as its writin above) to the class preload addons at the bottom of the config.

^

the "no addons required" missions and campaigns still require no addons but the problem here is i used mpiv's helos... with his custom weapons, so the game wants his weapons too. so the "Default" AH64 that uses mpiv's AH64D is looking for the required addon (weapon pack).

just like the BIS camel addon looks for bis_resistance addon.

the "no addons required" missions and campaigns still require no addons but the problem here is i used mpiv's helos... with his custom weapons, so the game wants his weapons too. so the "Default" AH64 that uses mpiv's AH64D is looking for the required addon (weapon pack).

OK, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Pappy, so what exactly do I need to download? Do you have a link for these addons that you mention?

Thanks!

OK, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Pappy, so what exactly do I need to download?  Do you have a link for these addons that you mention?

Thanks!

no, you already have the addons. the "missing addon" doesnt mean you dont have it in your addons folder, it just means the mission uses an addon, that wasnt previously listed in the "required addons".

go to your hard disk (usualy C:\ )

then go to Program Files

then go to Codemasters

then go to OperationFlashpoint (there may or maynot be a space in there)

then go to Y2K3

then go to Bin

then go to OFPY2K3

then go to Configs

then choose the config you like to use (exploding bodies, or no exploding bodies)

in there you will see a file; a .cpp file. open that up, scroll to the absolut very bottom of it. see where it says "class preload addons" ? you will see a class named GMR, go to the end of that list and before the }; add in: ,"mpiv_weapons_aircraft"

then convert the .cpp file you just edited into a .bin using the cpp2bin tool found on ofp.info. when the file is done being bined rename the .bin file to "Config" and use this (move it to Y2K3\Bin overwriting the one in there) instead of your current one if that error bugs you or causes missions not to load.

what this will do is tell OFP before every mission (or perhaps its at the start up of the game) it will load the listed addons there, so that you wont get those errors. and you can go back to playing the campaign or mission without the "missing addons" error anymore. you dont need to download anything (in terms of addons).

ok bed time for me, 18 hour day on 1 hour of sleep.

I read this topic and..... Now i must play in old version, because - we know why - i don't have time on changing some units, and restoring from old version 6.0 like UH60-MG, not intuitive interfeace, and lost things in cpp. I'm player not modmaker.

I value this mod and his creator Pappy - thx. this is my opinion ...and not only.

@Pappy

Although beeing an absolute EECP fan I downloaded and installed Y2K3. I must admit some things are really better than in EECP. In particular some sounds and explosions as well as the weapons you chose.

Still I miss a lot of ECP Effects or features in Y2K3, like unit join player, random weather, chopper dust for EVERY chopper and so on.

My question is: Is it possible to get ECP (1.071) to work fully compatible with Y2K3? If yes, how?