(3/24/04 - 9/30/05) version 7.3

*****Full Install & Patched Information*****

West Side

* Infantry -> HYK soldier

* Sniper -> HKY sniper with M24SWS and Colt M1911

* Sniper (Anti-Material) added in with M82 and Colt M1911

* Crew -> Combat Crew

* Black Op -> HYK Rangers

* Black Ops renamed to Speical Forces & Special Forces (Day)

* Speical Forces (Day) equiped with M4 all Special Forces equiped with mk23 pistols (sd for night unsil for day)

* Speical Forces equiped with M4 SD

* M21 -> Dan_M14 pack M21

*Beretta 92F and Glock 17 -> SJB models (sounds and optics unchanged)

* M60 (tank)-> SIG M-60A3

* M1A1 -> INQ/King Homer M1A2SEP

* 5T truck -> Marfy's 5t truck

* 5T open -> marfy reskin

* UH60MG -> BAS HH60G pavekhawk (all scripts and animations retained and renamed in editor to "HH60G (mg)")

* UH60-> BAS MH60G grey pavekhawk (all scripts and animations retained and ffars kept in weapon loadout for compatibility and renamed in editor to"MH60G (ffar)")

* AH1 -> Vit AH1W Camo

* A10 -> Oyman / INQ A10

* A10(LGB) -> Oyman / INQ A10

* M113 -> Combat M113A3

* M163 -> INQ M163

* AH64 -> MPIV AH64D Longbow

* Grenadier equiped with 203 vest

* Machine Gunner equiped with M249

* Laser Designator -> AN/PEQ-1 (from BAS)

* OH58 -> BAS OH58

* M2A2 -> Combat's M2A2ODS

* Carl Gustave changed to M87 Dragon

* Pilot -> Lasers US Army Pilot and attack pilot. (attack pilots are in AH1 and AH64)

* JeepMG -> INQ's HTTV.

* HMMWV -> CBT Humvee

* JeepMG and Humvee have MUCH better off road capibilies

* Support Trucks replaced by HMETTS (covered = repair, mg varient = ammo, fuel = fuel)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resistance Side

* Infantry -> edge's retextured resistance

* PS3V -> Zil 130 (covered camo)

* PS3V Fuel -> Zil 130 (fuel)

* T-55 -> RHS T-55

* T-72 -> ORCS T72b

* T-80 -> ORCS T80

* UAZG -> CSLA GAZ69

* Grenadier equiped with 6 nades also accepts gp25 vest

* LAW soldier equiped with RPG7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

East Side

* Infantry -> ORCS Motorized Infantry

* Sniper -> Suchey & Earl Russian naval infantry machine gunner

* Pilot -> OWP Pilot

* Spetsnaz -> Suchey & Earl Russian naval Spetsnaz (recon)

* SVD -> ORCS SVD

* Crew -> RHS crew

* T-72 -> ORCS T-72B

* T-80 -> ORCS T-90s

* PK -> PK Replaced with VITPKM

* Ural -> CSLA Ural

* UAZ -> CSLA UAZ

* BMP -> ORCS

* bmp2 -> CSLA bmp2

* spetznaz now carries such/earl silenced ak74su

* grenadier now equiped with gp25 nade vest

* ak sights -> suchy/earl ones

* repair truck -> Zil 131 repair

* M2(east) -> CSLA DShK

* Mi24 has retractable gear

* Su25 -> tomid's su25 replacment

Civilian Side

*Man 1 -> Dr No tribe man2

*Man 2 -> Dr No tribe man3

*Man 3 -> Dr No tribe man4

*Man Police -> Farmland Police Officer (changed loadouts to beretta and revovler versions)

* Ps3V -> Zil 130 (open flatbed)

* Sportscar changed to BlackBarrons 69 Corvette

* Bike -> Dawg

* Cars have CD Players (with 14 pre-set songs) and better off road capibility

* Sports cars -> Ford Mustang 2005

* Motorcycle -> Tribute low rider motorcycle

* Cessna 182 -> Cessna 182 Floatplane

* Jeep (Police) -> Gaz24

Other Misc Changes

* Snipers have 10 slots avilable now, Medics also armed with pistols

* Burst fire mode removed from AK-74 & AK-47 for realism's sake

* Bodies explod upon direct hit with rocket or if too close to something that does explode (optional config to disable this option)

* Blood, flies,AT backblast, and other misc ECP effects enabled again

* "plane" name changed in editor to Cessna 182

* All optics are also changed to suchy-earl / benus

* All Weapons Replaced with INQ's (except the svd, pkm, pistols and AA/AT weapons)

* BIS launched grenade now uses only 1 slot

* Compass changed to WGL one

* Pilots have life vests in case they bail out over water

* Pistol Sights and Sounds replaced by better more realistic ones.

* extra fire from missles and rockets (helo launched)

* MBT tank fire effect from main gun

* Tracers added to Helos, Tanks, and Soldiers (default tracers turned black so the new ones are visable)

* Custom Animation Pack

* New GUI

* BIS Hospital Buildings Heal

* BIS Repair Shops Repair

* Misc BIS Bunkers with working ladders

* BIS Street Lights Dimmed to a realistic setting

* Custom Icon (Designed by Me)

* New Installer

* Y2K3 Version number now displayed on main menu

* Changed fireing sound for the vulcan

* Police have the option to "Assert Your Athoritah" that makes the cop say "you will respect my athoritah!" (athority in english)

* Specops have the ability to heal, also have enhanced hearing and visual capibilities

* Snipers have the ability to deactivate mines, also enahnced hearing and visual capibilities

* Medics have 10 slots and are also armed with a sidearm. Resi-Cz75, Russ-Tokarev, West-Glock

* Leaning and Rolling animations implemented for primary weapon (rifle)

* Delayed fuse on hand grenades

* Ability to "Play Dead" hiding from the enemy when your health is 50%

* AH64 Crashed model now features 1 Stinger tube and one missle

* Ammo Crate changed to Mapfact Military Objects Pack "Crate"

* Unit Replacment Config Offered for low end users.. or users that dont want any effects

*Motorcycle will feature a phantom cargo proxy to keep mission compatibility

*East & West tanks will now be balanced with armor and weapon changes. the M60 has a new gun and ammo configuration and both the T72 and T80 will have the same ORCS gun and ammo (both res and east sides)... however the T55 remains unchanged and still remains to be the rotton old out dated peice of shit it is so takinga t55 into an armor battle is like bringing a rubber mallet to a gun fight.

*3D Craters featured under all APC and Armored vehicles as well as randomly placed under cars, crashed planes, and crashed helos. completly random for the last 3 items but 100% for the tanks and APC's. assuming the tank isnt burning the craters also ofer little, but some, protection from enemy fire.

*In keeping game fairness anti-tank weapons including the AT4, the Satchel Charges, the Mines, but the AT weapons for east and west remain the same.. after testing 1 hit from the AT weapon disables the tank enough the crew bails out.

I may of missed a few things, matter of fact I KNOW i missed some things on the list. but I assure you that "total conversion" means just that. total conversion. everything is changed. but I assure you that "total conversion" means just that. total conversion. everything is changed.

Download Full Install Here (612 MB)

Mirror 2

Installation:

Step One : Patch your game up to 1.96

Step Two : Download the Y2K3 Main Installer, 7.2 Patch, and Sky Pack Installer.

Step Three : shut down any memory hogging programs like messengers, explorer windows, and internet windows.

Step Four :

*Run the 7.1 Full Installer.

*Run the 7.1 to 7.2 Patch Installer.

*Run the 7.2 to 7.3 Patch Installer.

*Run the Y2K3 Sky Pack & More for improved skys, wrist watch, and night vision goggles

Step Five : Go to your desktop for a premade exe file. otherwise edit your favorite Operation Flashpoint Resistance Shortcut; go to the "Target Line" and at the end of it add a space between .EXE and the quotation marks. adding in -no splash -no map -mod=Y2K3; so its like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">(ofp_install_path)...EXE" -no splash -no map -mod=Y2K3

Step Six : Test out your new and improved Operation Flashpoint Resistance. (Using either the pre-made exe or the edited exe)

Please Refer to Page 35+ for comments, complaints, and troubleshooting of 7.1

Y2K3 Modern Combat Mod Homepage

To Do:

-Nothing. Finished on 07/09/2005

*downloading*

tHx for releasing and hopefully as good as your other releases.

*edit*

did you talk to placebo to lock the old topic 10 minutes before you posted this or was it by chance? (:

told placebo to lock it as i was typin this one  smile_o.gif

by the way, unfortunitly you DO need the extra file installer... due to this lil ejecting bug that i didnt fully notice til after upload. so yea sorry.  but anyway, this new version uses the old 6.0 PE config version. so 7.0 will be better then my previous release due to perforamnce freindly.

and before you say "my system will sieze up and die with your mod" i run a 1.5 P4 processor, 256 meg ram, and a FX5200 (128meg) graphics card. thats what i created Y2K3 using, and if you are just as good or better then that. then Y2K3 will work for you.

edit: couple of screenshots to show a few the changes/improvments made.

shilka.jpg

vehicle tracers (pic thanks to thunderbird)

tracers.jpg

small arms tracer rounds (pic thanks to thunderbird yet again)

1_firegood.jpg

flash effect for main battle tanks (t55, t72, t80, m1a2, res t80 & t72)

Y2K3GUI.jpg

custom GUI thanks in part to myself and thunderbird who improved the original graphic, and helped me to get it in game.

OMG Amazing Downloading now!!!

Quote[/b] ]* Pilots have life vests in case they bail out over water

This is gonna save A LOT people

Tracers are fantastic

btw how 'bout changing the name to Y2K5 wink_o.gif

uhh, you really updated it, so, this time i'll give it a chance and install it. sounds great.

Quote[/b] ]* Pilots have life vests in case they bail out over water

This is gonna save A LOT people

50% of my deaths is becouse my pilot can't swim/float

Quote[/b] ]btw how 'bout changing the name to Y2K5 wink_o.gif

I would agree that it would be nice if it was changed to Y2K5

Great News Pappy, downloading now. smile_o.gif

Good to see you nearly made the same changes I did, not much to do, now I'm curious to see the difference to the PE version smile_o.gif

hope that ofp.info will host it because edgefiles.com speed is 30kb per second and it would take hours to get it. sad_o.gif

btw how 'bout changing the name to Y2K5 wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]This mod was created to bring the current Operation Flashpoint Resistance from a 1985 era to a 2003 era.

i made this mod in march of 2004. i call it 2003 because i know for a fact what was used in 2003. whats gonna happen this year? will the AH64 be replaced by the RAH66? will the F22 be put into service? will the XM8 be put into service? dont know. so i cant call it 2005 cuz i dont know what we will be using this year. its like the INV44 mod... they focus on 1944... and i focused on 2003.

that aside, being Y2K3 is currently the most popular unit replacment/total conversion mod, it would confuse the hell out of people if i changed the name midstream smile_o.gif

yea the life vest thing has been in use since 6.0 but it was a seperate patch. now all those "patchs" are no longer needed since i repackaged it. and added a few nice things like the tracers and such.

by the way i just want to send a big thanks to thunderbird84 of the ffxur mod for inspiring the use of the tracers effects, and for helping me get the custom GUI in game.

ok its 6am, im goin to bed. spent all day on this, and preparing my new "site" and a few other things in preperation for this release. so yea.. now that its released i can sleep. xmas_o.gif

pappy, is it Christmas again?lol

You da bomb!! blues.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I'll live this downloading while I'm in work.

BTW, just a little Q, what NV goggles are you using now? InQuisitors or BIS?

Ta.

Regards.

@CERO.

Oh, I forgot to say, I prefere the Nomex deltas as the black ops night, I allways have it in your mod as the night version of the black op. I'm surprised that you haven't used it to replace the BIS black op night. Oh well, I'll just do that my self again tounge_o.gif

another note to the Y2K5: you do realize that if i did change it (which im not) i have well over 500 images i would need to re-make due to the change? not to mention the GUI (which require, repacking, reuploading, and redownloading [for you] of the mod), and several hundred documents.  its entirely too much hassel to change the name mid stream, and i as i said. i focused on the 2003 era. thus its Y2K3  smile_o.gif

ofp.info will be hosting a mirror later today, along with the LOL clan will be hosting a mirror as well later today.

@creo, if you download the full installer, that will install the custom skys.. and the INQ night vision goggle model and optic texture. the optics arent dxdll compatbale, but the whole dxdll nvg flare effect is unrealistic anyway  tounge_o.gif (speaking from experiance in using night vision) i prepacked the skymod i call "keg-a-max-unsung sky pack" since it uses kegetys day/dusk-dawn skys, unsungs stormy skys, that new rain textures from whatshisname? and inq's night vision. no custom water as to be dxdll compatable.

OFP addons has come really far, I must say I'm really excited about how OFP2 is gone look.

You can almost called those mods OFP 1.5 smile_o.gif

Great work !!

d/l is the first thing I'm gone do when I come home. wink_o.gif

thanks mate, I don't use Dxdll, its not compatible with my card, so I'll add some custom waters my self.

Thanks Pappy.

Regards.

@CERO.

Awesome pappy  biggrin_o.gif  Dlling now.....**unpacking my eamty CD to burn on...hmm**

EDIT: no! i wont dl from edgefiles tounge_o.gif i see they support max 50kb/sec.. that will take forever tounge_o.gif waiting on mirrors wink_o.gif

How should a mirror get it before you do if you start the d/l first? BTW:

Quote[/b] ]41% [========================> ] 250,113,344 50.50K/s ETA 1:56:24

How should a mirror get it before you do if you start the d/l first? BTW:
Quote[/b] ]41% [========================>                                    ] 250,113,344   50.50K/s  ETA 1:56:24

well. my host is only 20mb anyway. so i cant put up a mirror anyway wink_o.gif

Alright, let's see what you got... smile_o.gif *goes to download

By the way, maybe you should have renamed it to "Y2K5"? smile_o.gif

Alright, let's see what you got... smile_o.gif *goes to download

By the way, maybe you should have renamed it to "Y2K5"? smile_o.gif

read the old Y2K3 yopic. he explained there why he not renamed it to Y2K5 wink_o.gif

... your computer was violently disconnect by far computer (edge.files ftp) ... sad_o.gif

fighter

i must say i agree with @Cero, it's a really nice mod, but the Nomex Deltas as black op would be nicer than the original ones

Tomorrow I can run my DSL, Y2K3 is one of the first things I will download for OFP smile_o.gif

Good Job Pappy,

I hadn't expected that you update Y2K3