Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">--11:37:06-- ftp://ftp2.edgefiles.com/atwar.net/www/OFP/Addons/misc/y2k3-7.0-full.exe

=> `y2k3-7.0-full.exe'

Resolving ftp2.edgefiles.com... 67.19.79.84

Connecting to ftp2.edgefiles.com[67.19.79.84]:21... connected.

Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!

==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.

==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /atwar.net/www/OFP/Addons/misc ... done.

==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR y2k3-7.0-full.exe ... done.

Length: 607,666,081 (unauthoritative)

100%[============================================================>] 607,666,081 48.98K/s ETA 00:00

14:55:16 (50.00 KB/s) - `y2k3-7.0-full.exe' saved [607666081]

biggrin_o.gif

Hey Pappy, this update looks great! One question, how do I know what version of Y2K3 I have now? I found no readme with a version number, but I downloaded it in full from your site probably in the end of October. Would that have been version 6?

I just don't want to download a 200 meg patch if it's not gonna do it for me. smile_o.gif

Konyak

Sounds like my modem will have sum work this evening  wink_o.gif

By the way, I guess it's possible to install like a mod ??

tried the new Y2K3 and Pappy you should change the sky to new llauma sky.Also change the explosion effects.Everything else is ok! biggrin_o.gif

Oh and one thing more:exploding bodies was a great idea! tounge_o.gif

Good to see this smile_o.gif

I agree on the Nomex DELTAs btw. They look much better. Another thing ; Why replace the UH-60MG with a Pavehawk? Why not replace it with the BAS UH-60 instead?

awesome work pappy! really great! big thanks to you mate and all other authors of those great addons! thanks a lot!

This mod is great - even better than before and that's saying something! 

Having said that, is it possible to replace some of the vehicles with ones of your own preference?  For instance, I really like the BTR80 and the BMD 3M from the VITAPC.pbo:

5.jpg

If it is poss, please try to be as descriptive as possible.  I've never done this before.

Thanks!

@seminara

You gotta change the config file.  Would have to ask Pappy for complete instructions, but it is possible!

I'm downloading from FileFront ATM.  1 hour left @ 147kb/sec.  Then I'll upload it to OFP.Info and post mirror here, but that won't be for a good 6 hours or so crazy_o.gif.

EDIT: Ok, finished download. I am now packing the RAR into a RAR archive to cut down file size some more (less upload time). Should begin upload shortly smile_o.gif.

nice work pappy, going to be downloading this when i get back from work!

would be great to add lumax sky and the explosions from the flashfx mod, they seem a bit more real than the old ones! but mabye thats just me!

Is it me or do both tracer effects new+old are working at the same time? I had to turn off the default tracers in the options menu for only the new ones to show up.

@subfaction , tommorow at 16:10 paris time , you'll have a nice update of the FlashFX units replacement pack wich use all flashFX effects wink_o.gif

@seminara : It's possible to do that but imagine in game , it'll be ugly in briefing to read that you'll be transported by a bmp while you're in a BTR 80 biggrin_o.gif

i have some problems with the cd player in the hummer! when i change the song, then it plays the old song i had before and the new selected one, which i wanted to hear! or is that the meaning, that it plays them together!??

@seminara : It's possible to do that but imagine in game , it'll be ugly in briefing to read that you'll be transported by a bmp while you're in a BTR 80  biggrin_o.gif

Ha! Yes it would be sloppy Thunderbird, but I could live with that. ;) Can you suggest any tutorials that would help to try this?

Since you're using marco's apache pack, is it now using the correct longbow cockpit?

i cant wait to dl it when i get home smile_o.gif

woot.

oh and about the M1A2 SEP and RPG-16d, would the rpg16 do that much damage to america's best main battle tank? or rather, was this changed from 6.0-7.0?

sorry for all the complaints tounge_o.gif

Has this packedge been testet on an MP server ?

I've just tried a simple Anderson DM, and the Vulcan caused the server to crash, and a T72 shooting an empty AH64 made my game close (CTD)

This mod is AWESOME, and I hope it will work properly in MP

@seminara

You gotta change the config file.  Would have to ask Pappy for complete instructions, but it is possible!

I'm downloading from FileFront ATM.  1 hour left @ 147kb/sec.  Then I'll upload it to OFP.Info and post mirror here, but that won't be for a good 6 hours or so crazy_o.gif.

EDIT: Ok, finished download.  I am now packing the RAR into a RAR archive to cut down file size some more (less upload time).  Should begin upload shortly smile_o.gif.

Errr Hooahman, Im already uploading it. I hope your uploading the patch. crazy_o.gif I think it should be done by now....but Im at school. sad_o.gif

Thanks for starting this thread when the mod was actually finished.

The new ECP thread was started in December and the mod still hasn't been finished yet. I've been saying on that thead since the beginning that we'll be lucky to see it sometime in January. Now I'm saying we'll be lucky to see it sometime in Feb!

I understand everyone who works on Flashpoint improvements is working for free, in his own spare time. So every mod is definately appreciated. But it's nice to see a release thread started in a timely fashion.

Hey Pappy, this update looks great!  One question, how do I know what version of Y2K3 I have now? I found no readme with a version number, but I downloaded it in full from your site probably in the end of October.  Would that have been version 6?  

I just don't want to download a 200 meg patch if it's not gonna do it for me. smile_o.gif

Konyak

yes you have 6.0

Quote[/b] ]@seminara

You gotta change the config file. Would have to ask Pappy for complete instructions, but it is possible!

no he wouldnt. the information link on the Y2K3 site has a section there "Customizing your OFP" that has helped many of my users customize Y2K3 for this particualr reason.

Quote[/b] ]would be great to add lumax sky and the explosions from the flashfx mod, they seem a bit more real than the old ones! but mabye thats just me

in the full installer is kegetys high res sky preinstalled for you. i use GMR explosions which are more realistic then flash fx ones, having said that blow up an old BIS fuel station and tell me u dont like it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]have some problems with the cd player in the hummer! when i change the song, then it plays the old song i had before and the new selected one, which i wanted to hear! or is that the meaning, that it plays them together!??

due to the way its played you cant stop the song.. you have to listen to the full song. sorry.

Quote[/b] ]This mod is AWESOME, and I hope it will work properly in MP

mods like this are NEVER ment for MP. since the server and cleint are running diffenrt effects and models and scripts.

having said that i was able to play for 8 hours on a non y2k3 server with my game crashing only 3 times. (which is a big acomplishment tounge_o.gif ) and also Y2K3 has always been dedicated server compatable, on windows based dedicated servers only. linux doesnt like anything with capital letters in it so alot of the addons used in y2k3 are non linux compatable.

Quote[/b] ]Why replace the UH-60MG with a Pavehawk? Why not replace it with the BAS UH-60 instead

cuz i liked the pavehawks better. more colorful. personaly im sick and tired of the black one. but you dont like it? tutorial is on the Y2K3 site under information and "Customizing your ofp experiance" on how to change it. i did this cuz i know people like you dont think like people like me. so to make everyone happy i explained how to do it. the tutorial helped many customize their OFP and even helped thunderbird learn how to do ffxur alltogether smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is it me or do both tracer effects new+old are working at the same time? I had to turn off the default tracers in the options menu for only the new ones to show up.

wolfbanes tracers for tanks and choppers, bn880s tracers for soldiers. if your refering to the bis laser like tracers still showing up, thats due to the fact that some of the addons i used (like suchy/earl's M249) has predefined tracers for that weapon, and i didnt bother making a special deffinition for that weapon and ammo and all that crap when it was easier to just arm him with the c8x_m249 but all the rest should have black tracers (to kinda hid thier laser like quality)

mirrors posted for full install and extrafile installer. thanks to the LOL clan. special thanks to Tricky.

For any body who wants to change models in the config i recommend reading the tutorial on the Y2K3 web site! Once you give it a go yourself and get it right it's worth the effort.In fact for me customising the config and getting it to work is now better than playing the game! But having said all that i still have to ask pappy about more complicated things

Quote[/b] ]This mod is AWESOME, and I hope it will work properly in MP

mods like this are NEVER ment for MP. since the server and cleint are running diffenrt effects and models and scripts.

having said that i was able to play for 8 hours on a non y2k3 server with my game crashing only 3 times. (which is a big acomplishment tounge_o.gif ) and also Y2K3 has always been dedicated server compatable, on windows based dedicated servers only. linux doesnt like anything with capital letters in it so alot of the addons used in y2k3 are non linux compatable.

Well... our server is Wintendows, but what the hay... It still rocks in single player  biggrin_o.gif

One might just hope that it will be able to work on MP servers

well im going to download this for the first time eva since im a ECP fan, only going to download it because i dont have to download all the addons seporit lol biggrin_o.gif