Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

I tried downloading the setup file twice, with two different download managers from the ofp.info ftp servers, but everytime the setup complained the file was corrupted...

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Umm...

I updated my Y2K3 config, and now whenever I try to play, it just alt+tabs back to desktop. When I try to go back in, it minimizes itself again. DAMNED ANNOYING, PLEASE HELP. I reinstalled once, and it worked, but I alt+tabbed to work on a script, then the same thing happend again!

nickless

Dont use download managers.

Go to the 1st page of this thread, right click on a couple of thinks and click "save target as"

Let us know what happens.

deathsai

No idea. It's strange the various errors that happen. I have no idea why your Flashpint wont even boot.

I notice a lot that when I'm an infantry and I say shoot a burst at the ground infront of me, wolfbane's tracers appear at my gun. Even when normally shooting into the air I see the tracer at my gun's barrel.

Obviously the tracer script is being execd for the infantry units, or at least the player's infantry unit.. Any way to fix it?

no, bn_880's tracers also ricochet/fragment when they hit the ground just like wolfbanes.

about the data error, try removing the data and data3d.pbo files from the Y2K3\DTA folder. that might help

about the force minamize problem, i have no clue what causes this. its an OFP problem thou. i dont know what causes it.

Quote[/b] ]no, bn_880's tracers also ricochet/fragment when they hit the ground just like wolfbanes.

no, trust me, first of all they appear at the gun barrel, and second of all, they are big balls not long streaks like BN's.

i got the same problem when i shoot at ground, prolly an GFX error.

What videocard u got?

i have an Ati Radeon 9600 128MB

Omega 2.5.7 Drivers

Quote[/b] ]about the data error, try removing the data and data3d.pbo files from the Y2K3\DTA folder. that might help

Didn't work sad_o.gif

Hi all,

Just a quick question about this mod.

If I use the normal (now new) units in one of my mission (west-units-soldier etc), will anyone playing it (such as beta testers) need the mod? Or will the soldiers just go back to the original BIS infantry on their computer?  wink_o.gif

Hi,

Every time I save a mission when I work with this mod it includes a reference to an addon: HFR_AH64 in the mission.sqm file. The mission that I'm working on is addon free. I am NOT using this particular addon but the BIS AH64. I've tried removing the faulty addon but now its giving another error.

Do you have a non faulty version of this addon or simply explain to me how to remove it without causing a catastrophe.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Just a quick question about this mod.

If I use the normal (now new) units in one of my mission (west-units-soldier etc), will anyone playing it (such as beta testers) need the mod? Or will the soldiers just go back to the original BIS infantry on their computer? wink_o.gif

Yes, if you only use standard units, everyone else should be able to play it without any addons. To be sure you can always start OFP without Y2K3 for mission making. smile_o.gif

Also read the next part

Every time I save a mission when I work with this mod it includes a reference to an addon: HFR_AH64 in the mission.sqm file. The mission that I'm working on is addon free. I am NOT using this particular addon but the BIS AH64. I've tried removing the faulty addon but now its giving another error.

Do you have a non faulty version of this addon or simply explain to me how to remove it without causing a catastrophe.

Have you tried removing the HFR_AH64 line from the mission.sqm? Maybe there are some other non BIS addons in the list. Try removing them all and save the mission.

What does this other error say?

To make sure you could start OFP without Y2K3 for mission making, until someone comes up with a solution.

I have a question , what are the BAS rang/deltas doing in my Y2K3 addon folder? crazy_o.gif

You dont use them right pappy? I wonder how they ended up there.

Xcess: also remove the hwtl folder form Y2K3\DTA folder

alimag: many moons ago, back before the "total conversion" mods were even thought of, i used to be a mission maker. i had gigs and gigs of addons. sometimes i would make a mission.. and NOT use an addon.. save the mission.. and addons that i didnt even know i had appered in the mission.sqm, but not in the actual mission. its an OFP bug refered to as "ghost addons". oh wait a minute.. i just thought of something. using Y2K3 the default AH64 is named "AH64 Longbow" in the editor. the AH64 is an addon one. use the "longbow" and it wont be the hfrc one.

acecombat: it sounds like you installed Y2K3 v 7.0 over 6.0. this isnt a problem so dont worry. in 7.0 theres some addons i dont use anymore like BAS ranger/deltas, sig_t55 (now rhs_t55), bb_69vette and some others that are still leftover from 6.0. but the 7.0 full installer doesnt have those.

Yeah i thought maybe that was it but i wasnt sure , so can you provide a complete list of all these dis-used addons so i can remove them , i dont wanna load useless addons, thanks.

Incase you missed it Pappy,

Quote[/b] ]no, bn_880's tracers also ricochet/fragment when they hit the ground just like wolfbanes.

no, trust me, first of all they appear at the gun barrel, and second of all, they are big balls not long streaks like BN's.

I looked through the config but found no traces of soldiers execing the script, and I dont think BN's tracers have drop effects?

Edit: Here's what I mean.

tracer7pq.th.jpg

ahh ok.. having seen your pic.... yes thats bn_880s tracer smile_o.gif i gaurentee thats his tracer. i noticed that too when you shoot the ground near you, you see that.

those arent wolfbanes. wolfbanes, when they richochet they stay solid. a solid ball. when bn880's hits the ground it fragments like that

Okay thanks. It must just be a script error that makes it appear at the gun barrel at 0 velocity and float down heh.

As I said before : great mod !

However, I keep getting a missing addon message for bas-kiowapack. For instance, the mission "Too Young to die" from the MEC won't start because of this error. Of course, the addon is in the appropriate folder sad_o.gif

The only thing that works was removing all non BIS references to the AH64.

Anyone interested to solve that problem permanently just remove these files:

- Apac.pbo

- bas_repair.pbo

- hfr_ah64.pbo

Problem solved.

Thanks anyway and by the way GREAT mod.

LOL , if you remove this files , you can't play to missions which need the use of this addons , I suggest you to open the cpp

to find this line

Quote[/b] ]class WeaponBIStudio

and to add the missing names to the ;"bizon","M4A1" etc wink_o.gif

after that it may work perfectly

I've already introduced those effects but I've removed them because it was laging a lot...I advise you not to add them because that risks to lag very much...

i had those effects a while ago, they worked good for me.

I would love to have the explosions in Y2K3,Just wanna try it(my comp should handle it)

If u could tell me what to do i would appreciate that biggrin_o.gif

Small point but it's irritating so has anyone noticed the following?

If you come across an enemy vehicle with their crew turned out of the hatches, it is easy to take out the gunner/commander but near impossible to hole the driver (even if you're a meter away and using a scope)!

Is this a recent addition to difficulty??

Hi , yeah sure

here's the lines that you'll must add to each "class" between "car,tank,plane,helicopter" but you may add this lines correctly if you wish that will function perfectly

car explosions : _this exec ""\effectpack\careffect\init.sqs""";

Tanks explosions : _this exec ""\effectpack\tankeffect\init.sqs""";

Planes explosions : _this exec ""\effectpack\aireffect\init.sqs""";

Helicopter explosions : _this exec ""\EffectPack\ChoptersEffect\init.sqs""";