Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

im sorry if this has been suggested already and i dont know if this exists but... if there is a Mark V boat addon, can you have that replace the Mark II PBR? it just seems weird that we have that when its 2003 :P

there is no replacment for the PBR. at all. the small boat addons are tremendously lacking in OFP. the best "small boat" addon is the FDF thingy i dont even know wtf it is. but thats the ONLY small boat addon that is worth anything. other then that there is no east or west boat addons that would fit that role. the small, armed landing/patrol ship role for east or west.

theres col klinks tiger attack boats from way back but even that is a beta and only has 3 cargo postions (we need at least 8) and then i would need a matching east replacment which is none. so i left it go.

I tryed this mod...

i thought before that addons woun't affect the gameplay in campaings, but now i play Red Hamer campaing and it's so different... smile_o.gif wery nice sounds, effects and etc.

but i have question, can i turn these effects on  on rhs t-55 or other vechicle or unit? how?!

i love that bullet lights at night and when it comes to night tank battle it's very cool, explosions, sounds of flying near you shells, armor hits... nice

OFP had never been so real

the "default" t55 doesnt have any of the RHS effects.

but if you use the tanks from the "RHS" catagory in the mission editor, then you place in a game logic (empty\game logic) from RHS

look, i just want to do y2k3 effects on rhs t-55 enigma, how can i do it? start y2k3 mission editor and what i should write in the initialization field?

sad news for me, because i wanted to shoot a movie "Desert Storm at night" smile_o.gif

if its at night then just use the "default" resistance T55.. noone will notice the differance wink_o.gif

sorry i couldnt help you more

@Pappy

Hey, I just recently had to uninstall (last month) OFPR due to reinstalling my OS for a variety of reasons. There have been numerous configs that are already out, and I remember updating to version 7.0, but I noticed that caused a major amount of lag when in just the loading screen. Right now I have version 6.0 and it seems to be fine. Here's my question, can you tell me which config I need to allow SUCH M4/M16 to be able to accept M16/XMM mags. I remember being able to do that with one of the configs. Where I would have the XM (by INQ) and be able to use E&S M4 c8x mags and vice versa. Thanks

I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, but when shooting rockets from a helo, if the rocket comes from the left, the sound comes from the right and vice versa. This happens when i run ECP by itself too.

@Pappy

Hey, I just recently had to uninstall (last month) OFPR due to reinstalling my OS for a variety of reasons.  There have been numerous configs that are already out, and I remember updating to version 7.0, but I noticed that caused a major amount of lag when in just the loading screen.  Right now I have version 6.0 and it seems to be fine.  Here's my question, can you tell me which config I need to allow SUCH M4/M16 to be able to accept M16/XMM mags.  I remember being able to do that with one of the configs.  Where I would have the XM (by INQ) and be able to use E&S M4 c8x mags and vice versa.  Thanks

i dont recall ever having this configed. i do have the XM177 and M16 mags interchangeable. but other then that i never had that in there crazy_o.gif

but to answer your question you need to edit the c8x_mag.pbo (i belive thats the name of the file) and somewhere in the config for the actual weapon (the M16's and M4's ) you will see where it says "magazines={c8x_m16mag, c8x_m4mag}" (or something highly simaler. there is where you add "m4mag" and "m16" and then suchy/earls weapons will be able to use default BIS clips

So just to confirm having the line look like this, "magazines={c8x_m16mag, c8x_m4mag, m4, m16}"? Because when changing the config for the loadouts using the BIS M4/M16 for the mags you write "M4" or "M16", without attaching the word "mag" to it. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks

So just to confirm having the line look like this, "magazines={c8x_m16mag, c8x_m4mag, m4, m16}"?  Because when changing the config for the loadouts using the BIS M4/M16 for the mags you write "M4" or "M16", without attaching the word "mag" to it.  Just wanted to make sure.  Thanks

yea thats right.

sorry about the typo i was really tired and trying to go form memory

This is great stuff  biggrin_o.gif

I've played CWC since it came out -- but only recently got the Best Sellers Compilation ( with CWC and the expansions..)

This is the first mod - I've installed - And I'm extremely pleased  biggrin_o.gif

The added bit of blood makes a difference - and the way bodies "fly" when shot by a tank, for example, is always humourous if not entirely realistic tounge_o.gif

The new sky packs also make the game look nice

Love the new Special Forces with the M4 SOPMOD - can really kick a$$ now -- the old Black Ops were c**p

Love the CD Car Radio -- keep listening to Jonny Be Good - nice choice wink_o.gif ( and for some reason Rawhide tounge_o.gif)  It does have a slight bug -- selecting another song whilst one is played - makes them overlap and not sound too good crazy_o.gif

Played around with the fast-roping from Heli's and the Fast Pickups

All the new skins seem to be nicely done and the tracer effects also give it that "battle feel"

This REALLY is great ( and I'm sorry I didn't mention it all )

I don't know how I can go back to vanilla OpFlash now -- I don't think I will wink_o.gif

I wanna thank everyone who put time into this mod -- it's brought a refreshing change into OpFlash's gameplay

I'm gonna be keeping my beady eye on this one smile_o.gif

I hope all these talented folks stick around and make some more stuff for OpFlash 2

Quote[/b] ]It does have a slight bug -- selecting another song whilst one is played - makes them overlap and not sound too good

a bug i mentioned on my site. due to teh way i wrote the CD player script theres no way to stop the song without destroying the vehicle. "towing" an invisable radio would cause lag if u use more then one car. and play music is kinda not good when your 500m from teh car and the music is crystal clear. so the way it is now was the only other option that i had to go with and i went with. sorry bout that.

but im very glad you like the rest of the mod smile_o.gif you are very welcome

Y2K3 mod has served me well since it came out. smile_o.gif

I hope I won't get a biased opinion here, but whats better now?

Y2K3 mod or the new FFUR v3.5?

They both look really good. Has anyone tried them both? wink_o.gif

yep, i even have both installed at the moment.

and it would be wrong to say they are completly different, but the time they should take place is different.

FFUR 3.5 only uses addons to replace originall stuff, that was actually used in 1980-1985 (about)

y2k3 tries to update the game to the year 2003 (or lets better say to the most modern standard we have on addon smile_o.gif )

Y2k3 is less stable compared to FFUR. I have many freezes with it. Still, I must say it is great great great work and my little criticism shouldnt lower the respect they deserve for all this work!

been playing y2k3 for an while now and iv found an bug or what not im playing everon with ether an A-10 or F-16 or any other jet and if i eject it says deploy chute on the command button so i do and two chute come out and i die rock.gif so i tryed it a nother time and did not use that command and it deploys it its self and i get like close to the ground and two chute come out and i die rock.gif it does not do this on any other maps just this one rock.gif and i do got the extra file that is need for this 7.0 if could help me out here cant eject on everon at all, i die if i do crazy_o.gif

that is VERY weird crazy_o.gif

thats an ecp feature. and i disabled all ecp scripts that i didnt want or use, including that one

I found a very weird bug. I was playing the partisan campaign with y2k3 running which is very sweet. I was out driving around looking for an empty tank to steal with my ai staying at base. well my ai reported several tanks and fired on them they killed all of them but a few men died. i didnt want to lose any men so i was just going to restart but before i did i drove back to base to look at the damage. i got there and since i was gonna restart anyways i took out my rpg and start firing at the dead tanks. i fired 1 time reloaded 2 times reloaded 3 times and i looked and it said i had 2 shots left in my rpg! So i fired at the tank another time, it was still at 2 so i started clicking really fast and i fired like 30 rpgs before i had to reload and i wasnt even using an ammo trainer lol!

my little criticism should lower the respect they deserve for all this work!

wow you're mean wink_o.gif