Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

This Error is killing me, It happens whenever I enter "Mission Editor" and every once and a while when I add a troop...Whats the go? VIA YK23

3.jpg

Aw crap, I mean it would be awesome...but the leaning mod isn't working. I press sprint and look left and I'm drilled into the ground up to my waist, very weird!

Seem like you've didn't download the new Version of the Locke_Anims.PBO, there have been some changes in the way i've named the animations so the old CfgMoves won't work with the new and the V0.52 (added Crouched Leaning) won't work with the old PBO.

Make sure you always got the most up to date version of Locke_Anims.PBO !!!

got the same prob myself.. and i go the newset version... do i need sanct's leaning or something to make it work?

Maybe Pappy forgot to change the other Anim Names acordingly while he updated his config with the crouched Lean.

sad_o.gif

The half burried soldier usually happens when OFP trys to play a anim and doesn't find it where it's supposed to be.

You can always try to update it yourself, just look for the example CfgMoves included in the Anim-MOD download and compare it with the CfgMoves you are using.

Edit:

Just checked the latest Config Update and the names are all correct (for V0.52 PBO file).

I Can only suggest you make sure that you have no old Locke_Anim.pbo in some Modfolder and the new one is in the right place.

OFP just can't find the Anims at the place its looking for.

wink_o.gif

the config that i posted for download is the exact same config im using, i test it, it works, i rar the config and say "here you go" which is why ive only been handing out the exploding bodies config cuz thats the one i use. i give you what i have

ill repack it with the latest version of your animation pbo file to make sure people are using the right one.

my guess is they arent using the updated version, or they installed the pbo into the wrong folder

http://tootallinc.atwar.net/files/Config.rar

there download that again, and install the Config.bin into your Y2K3\Bin folder and the locke_anims.pbo into your Y2K3\Addons folder, for good measure i included an editable config this time so you can double check it yourself

Quote[/b] ]This Error is killing me, It happens whenever I enter "Mission Editor" and every once and a while when I add a troop...Whats the go? VIA Y2K3

this error is caused by an addon that you downloaded, it has a problem finding something and it blames the default config, which in this case is mine. col klinks updated (unreleased) fishing boats gives me a simaler error about the lifejackets

Thanks Pappy, I realized while reading your explaination that I'd put the Locke_Anim.pbo in the wrong folder.

You make everything beautiful in OFP man!

wow, it finaly works and you know why, because in this config.rar papa included bigger size of locke_ainm.pbo smile_o.gif

so it replaced in the y2k3 addons folder... smile_o.gif

wow, crouching lean anims, that's nuts!!!!

go go go, everybody, download that config.rar, it's a fix (working fix!) ;)

Leaning features on the OFP? no way! it's can't be true, this is not DF:BHD and etc. !

But the fact is fact, now OFP has leaning features! To all the world, OFP soldiers can lean!!!

phrase:

"look very narrowly at the trees, because enemy can suddenly lean out of there"

smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gifxmas_o.gifunclesam.gif

the config that i posted for download is the exact same config im using, i test it, it works, i rar the config and say "here you go" which is why ive only been handing out the exploding bodies config cuz thats the one i use. i give you what i have

ill repack it with the latest version of your animation pbo file to make sure people are using the right one.

my guess is they arent using the updated version, or they installed the pbo into the wrong folder

http://tootallinc.atwar.net/files/Config.rar

there download that again, and install the Config.bin into your Y2K3\Bin folder and the locke_anims.pbo into your Y2K3\Addons folder, for good measure i included an editable config this time so you can double check it yourself

Quote[/b] ]This Error is killing me, It happens whenever I enter "Mission Editor" and every once and a while when I add a troop...Whats the go? VIA Y2K3

this error is caused by an addon that you downloaded, it has a problem finding something and it blames the default config, which in this case is mine. col klinks updated (unreleased) fishing boats gives me a simaler error about the lifejackets

idid put them there. still dont work.. shall try with the file u putted out there.. to see if there is any diff

I knew this total conversion but never tried...a couple of days ago i installed it and, after solving the infamous .p3d problem, i played some missions...and now i restarted to play all the three main campaigns! tounge_o.gif

This conversion is fantastic!!! It seems a new game and now i don't need to buy VBS1 or dreaming about it! This Y2K3 rules! ;)

Thank you very much Pappy for your amazing work! biggrin_o.gif

you are very welcome smile_o.gif grab that 7.1 beta patch i posted a page or two back and keep watchin this topic as i will continue updating it with locke's animation modhack until he is finished.

typicly i would just wait until he was done, but theres absolutly no reason that you wonderful folks should have to wait a moment longer to enjoy them so i just update it when he does.

once he is finished i will make the 7.1 patch final and after that it will be awhile unless the used addons suddnely are updated again and i need to fix stuff.

so you can either wait for that or keep up to date with whats happening. smile_o.gif

so he wanted to say, stay tuned or take an eye on this thread smile_o.gif(like me, checking BIForum every 30 min, because RHS Team will release their tank packs soon, CSLA also are planing something "bad" smile_o.gif, Locke also is not showing all his "strong cards" smile_o.gif)

but papa, i think you wount enjoy holidays, because locke is realy fast and handy, he will update his anims when you will be drinking tea and etc.

CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS?

This Error is killing me, It happens whenever I enter "Mission Editor" and every once and a while when I add a troop...Whats the go? VIA YK23

3.jpg

crazy_o.gif i did answer you. this is a problem with an addon you downloaded. som rouge addon with a bad config is causing this. the only reason it says "Y2K3" is because your default config is the Y2K3 one. if you didnt use a mod it would just say Config.bin\someshithere\eventhandler .scope

i got the same problem with other badly configed addons. theres nothing you can do about this except check your Addons and Res\Addons folders for addons and delete some crap

I knew this total conversion but never tried...a couple of days ago i installed it and, after solving the infamous .p3d problem, i played some missions...and now i restarted to play all the three main campaigns! tounge_o.gif

This conversion is fantastic!!! It seems a new game and now i don't need to buy VBS1 or dreaming about it! This Y2K3 rules! ;)

Thank you very much Pappy for your amazing work!   biggrin_o.gif

well thank you kindly smile_o.gif

and your UH1N is a very nice addon so on the whole i think the Preperation H mod feels good too biggrin_o.gif

Hi Pappy, quick question.

Whenever I run y2k3 the "Wait a Moment" and "Get Ready" loading screens take anywhere between 3-6 minutes. Is there any way to shorten that waiting time? I've been able to vacuum my house and wash the dishes while waiting for it to load... and I have a good computer!

addons. OFP has to load all the addons you have in your addons folder, res addons folder, y2k3 addons folder, and any other mods you have.

i have 772 Megs plus the 752 MB worth of Y2K3 addons and it takes me approx 30 seconds to a minute to boot up to main menu, to load a mission (where OFP needs to load models and textures for the sky, water, ground, buildings, folliage, and then the actual units- tanks, soldiers, weapons, ect) it takes anywhere between 15 and 30 seconds. 45 seconds for "battlefields" to load up althou it is still as laggy as the day i installed ofp tounge_o.gif but thats just playing that mission. i barely have enough time to get a snack. now back when i had 256 megs of ram, like you said i could kill the cow, skin it, cook it, and harvest the wheet to make the buns and make a hamburger before the thing loaded. the second i had 512 ram i was like "ok lets test this.. start mission. ok cool now im gonna go make a snac... ok no im not its loaded"

my specs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">System Specs for Too-Tall's Computer

*General Information*

Users: 1, Name Greg, Age 19

Common Use:

Entertainment

-Gaming (& Modding)

=Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (Y2K3)

=Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

=B17G Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th

-Online Chat Clients (AIM & Trillian-[for ICQ, MSN, YIM])

-Web Design

-Graphic Design

-Music and Video Enjoyment

*Computer Model*

00ber l337 Custom Build

*Operating System*

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Service Pack 2

*Computer Hardware*

Disk Drive:-------------------40Gb

Floppy Disk Drive:------------none

DVD/CD-ROM Drives:------------1x SAMSUNG CD-RW Burner SD-616 & 1x DVD-ROM Reader _NEC NR-7800A

Processor:--------------------AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.8Ghz

RAM:--------------------------512 MB

Display Adapter:--------------16 Inch Moniter Powered by NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128Mb

Sound Devices:----------------C-Media AC97 Audio Device

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers:----NVIDIA nForce MCP2 IDE Controler Primary IDE Channel, Secondary IDE Channel

USB Controllers:--------------Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller, Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (x2), USB Root Hub (x3)

Network Card:-----------------NVIDIA nForce MSP Networking Controler

(keep the data on file just for the hellovit smile_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]and your UH1N is a very nice addon so on the whole i think the Preperation H mod feels good too

Thanks man! biggrin_o.gif

Papa, got another error, look at it:

http://free2.angeltowns.com/gds/ofpr/error.jpg

imuc guy fired the rpg missile at the abrams and bang, error message... smile_o.gif

Y2K3 mod starting...

Error # 1

Error # 2

plz, fix these errors for another full release smile_o.gif

the RPG error is the IMUC problem. they screwed something up in thier config

the other errors are simple. you need the BAS delta and rangers..

ok wait a minute, what version of Y2K3 did you download? looking at your second error i realized that you have the bas desert rangers and deltas but you dont have the bas weap. and i dont use the bas derad anymore cuz lasers was 50x better. and on top of that 7.0 includes the bas_weap.pbo in the installation crazy_o.gif

and i don't know why there are bas_weapon error, because there is in y2k3 addons folder bas_weap.pbo, besides i don't like laser's rangers, deltas are better than rangers, but still, bas deltas are cool smile_o.gif (cockie to my eye), the best of the best rangers are from Hyks smile_o.gif

I download the 7.0  tounge_o.gif

P.S. bas_weap.pbo is ~300kb :DDDDD replacing with 10 times bigger ;)

Woohoo finaly! no errors!!! biggrin_o.gif

how big is the bas_weap.pbo? rock.gif i vaugly recall there being a compression error that deleted alot of it, if its not somethin like 32 megs then redownload the bas delta rangers and reinstall the BAS_Weap.pbo the delta and rangers are not needed for Y2K3 so if they are in the Y2K3 addons folder then delete the derad and deraw files.

and i do agree the hyk rangers were nice but i didint want to have the same unit for every last single slot. i liked lasers rangers better due to thier camo pattern, gear (on the body model). i cant remember why i liked his rangers better the nhis deltas but in any case i choose his rangers and when i doubt myself i play "interdictoin" and see both the west officer and the rangers side by side and im reminded just how damn good they fit the postion smile_o.gif